Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

And while I'm here. I'm getting a smidge tired of my "HR" person contacting me with no notice about getting new employees set up. "They start Monday" 

It's FRIDAY. When did you think I was going to get this sh.. ready?

Enforcer,

I feel your pain. I worked in IT and had to deal with people who expected this.

• 2 weeks later...

I asked myself why I still bother.Then told myself that, after all, these days I barely do bother.Still, it's kind of a wonder that I bother at all.Lucius AlexanderThe palindromedary says I shouldn't let it bother me.

What a bother!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't live on facebook, which is the only way my family communicates anymore so I didn't find out my sister underwent surgery. *sigh*

Painful operation, six week recovery time etc

oh man, totally been there. Sorry to hear it. How is she holding up? 

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate courtesy.  I like a good "thank you", "please", "your welcome", and "pardon me".  Perhaps its the military in me.  However, this week I've been bombarded with "overly-polite-at-the-stop-sign-guy".  :straight:

YOU GOT THERE 5 MINUTES AGO, JUST GO, DUDE!!!!  JUST GO!!! STOP WAVING ME THRU!!!!!  PLEASE!!!!!!!!  JUST F*&KING GO!!!!  IT'S BEEN 5 G&DDA&N MINUTES!!!!!  YYYEEEAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!   YOU'RE WASTING MY TIME, NOT HELPING MEEEEE!!!!

I tried that but it's impossible to armor a van sufficiently.  My favorite vehicle was a pickup with no weapons, just a honking huge engine and armor a foot thick.  My second favorite was a lux with a turreted flame cloud gas streamer, which probably shouldn't be legal.