Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

So are you expecting to get snuffed out in Avengers Infinity War Part 1 or Part 2 ?

Avengers Infinity War part 1 is where I make my triumphant return and unite all the Avengers, cementing in everyone's eyes that I was right, the audience will cheer and love me and then....

in Avengers Infinity War part 2, I die giving my life up for the others..... 

probably fetching popcorn while we watch Cap save the day on screen

I will be offline for a few days visiting the capital. Now I have noted in the past a tendency for the board to get a bit silly while I am away. It's got to stop. So when I say, the board will stop being silly.

And that begins.........

Now !

Shall we have a party at DT's place? That worked so well when we did at Log's place. Maybe I could reprise the Drunken Kobold Chainsaw Margarita Serenade Drinking Game LARP!

New column just went up, so please allow me to plug :)

On the Other Hand #7...The Cover Pitch

When I first invested in comics ... 1963 ... it was at the Stars & Stripes newsstand in Truman Hall in West Berlin, but yeah, the cover mattered. Same thing was true for other magazines; though different genres, you have but to look at the cover of the Mar 3 1980 Sports Illustrated, or the January 1973 National Lampoon, to see seriously iconic imagery.

And we won't even go into the wholly lost medium which is music LP cover art. Would anyone ever have seen anything by Roger Dean without those?

And we won't even go into the wholly lost medium which is music LP cover art. Would anyone ever have seen anything by Roger Dean without those?

Or Hipgnosis 

Saucerful_of_secrets2.jpg

Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png

Led_Zeppelin_-_Houses_of_the_Holy.jpg

or The Fool' classic album cover:

ISB_LayersofOnion_cover.jpg

Other work:

Their work includes:

The Fool's best known artworks are those they created for the Beatles in 1966–67. They include:

• 1 month later...

From trying to parse the hubbub, I think the baby is not the child of one of the people who work here, but an extended family thing; I couldn't parse if it was a grandchild (I think that's the most likely), a niece/nephew, or what. I admit I gave up trying to ignore it all and put on my sonic armor (insert ear buds, start the iPod).

So I think that visitation by the baby (which would be even more disruptive, I admit) seems improbable.