Champs Worldwide: Whaddya want?

Darren Watts

Guest Worldmaker

Re: Champs Worldwide: Whaddya want?

I always have the Catholic Church's Super Team as one of the largest and most powerful on Earth' date=' right after China and the United States' primary sponsored teams. The Church has bases everywhere in the world, populations that trust and believe in them, a long history of research into the supernatural ... it would be very strange if a young Catholic Super didn't turn to them for guidance.[/quote']

I really like that idea.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Worldmaker

Thanks. :) Be glad to geek out about it sometime.

Well, if you ever feel like it, I'm always interested in expanding the GGU's background info.

Full body artwork for character write-ups instead of just head and should shots.

Seconded. Line drawings with no (or very little) background artwork. I contantly use character pictures to make paper miniatures for my game.

(hello, just back from vacations so "bonne année" everyone !.

I would suggest taking advantage of some of the non-US citizens on the board to come up with convincing names.

I volunteer.

Personally i would like to see :

- more paranormals from third world countries (especially indian supers)

- Fleur-de-Lys from Watchers of The Dragon; the only good french super i've seen so far.

- more full character art like in CKC instead of portraits.

- More Storn art (sorry, a fan-boy is speaking)

A lot of positive portrayals of polish nationals!

OOOh GOD POLANDS COMING! QUICK SOMEBODY GET THE FRENCH!

(you see its amusing, because my countries military strength is two guys and a duck... a pissed off duck, but still a duck.)

"European Enemies" would more accurately been titled "Stereotyped Enemies" Although I can't for the life of me understand them forgetting to include a German brick called Potato Masher. :nonp:

"I beat up the Irish" - Potatoe Masher.

I would like to see one or two pacific Island supers (you know, Hawaii, Tonga, Easter Island, New Zealand, Samoa, Fiji, Cook Islands... those types of places) and Middle Eastern supers, I mean the Middle East has been the worlds hotbed of action since before the coldwar was over. More supers from there means less work for me. And thats always "two thumbs way up" time.

I actually want to see the "stereotyped" characters, which if well done would be more "archetypes" or "symbols". However, for any country that you give one of these, I'd also like to see at least one other character that does not fall into the symbolic category: Australian characters that have nothing to do with Dreamtime or boomerangs, Chinese characters without martial arts or local mystic/dragon powers, and like that.

Mainly, I'd like to see the impact of supers on real-world countries in the HERO Universe, both positive and negative. I'm not sure that really falls into the concept of the book, though.

Chinese, Japanese and Korean Supers drawn from the Supers they actually have in their mass media. Hong Kong and Japanese Cinema are packed with Supers in modern settings; use some of them. Korea has put out a ton of Sci-Fi and Supernatural films in the past five or ten years with Supers as well.

Indian, Thai, and Philipino Supers who do not have powers rooted in regional mythology. Non-Western Master Villains. Tribute characters. A French Savate master with super-martial arts and a mystic bent.

Looking forward to seeing this. :)

I will third that though I won't mind a magic girl themed super if done right.

G