Colored Champions Pics

Acroyear II

This question is for Steve Long:

Will Hero Games be offering those great new color pics of heroes and villains that are now appearing on this website (in the sidebars) as free downloads? I'm sure I'm not the only Champions fan who would love to download these great color pics.

Any chance of this happening?

Acroyear II

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Tim

Add another to the requestees please.

Hoo Hah!! A bandwagon! Always wanted to jump on one! :D

*Ahem*

Yes, I agree with my esteemed colleagues in their desire to see downloadable files of the colored artwork made available. Please, add my name to the petition, as it were.

Hello!

Originally Posted by Acroyear II:

I'm sure I'm not the only Champions fan who would love to download these great color pics.

[David Spade]

It's called "Save Picture As"...look into it...

[/David Spade]

;)

Yeah, it'd be nice to have them full-sized, and all laid out so as not to depend on the luck of the "Refresh", but even in their current form they do look suitable for pasting onto the back of an index card with the character's stats summarized on the front...

And the coloring really is beautifully done, a VERY nice job. Dr. Silverback especially impresses me - somebody's definitely got the mad artistic skillz.

I was so hoping to get the Anubis one when I opened the "Egyptian Villains" thread, but, alas, I was denied...

And finally, there are a couple of the pics I don't recognize - a purple guy in a dark blue vest buttoned down his right side, with a staff in one hand and a holstered pistol lanyarded to his opposite wrist, and a cartoony-looking green dinosaur guy (who kinda resembles Son of Godzilla). Any help for me out there on these two?

Originally Posted by winterhawk:

As long as there is a colored pic of Ankylosaur in the file, count me in.

Haven't seen him yet, alas, but I may have just been unlucky with the Refreshes. There are some other nice classics you might like, though - Armadillo, Foxbat, Grond, Mechanon, Pulsar, and many more. And who knows who they may yet add to the mix? :) (I'm hoping to eventually see more of the Omega-class list myself.)

Again, excellent pictures! 'Bye!

Originally posted by Scott Destroyer

And finally, there are a couple of the pics I don't recognize - a purple guy in a dark blue vest buttoned down his right side, with a staff in one hand and a holstered pistol lanyarded to his opposite wrist, and a cartoony-looking green dinosaur guy (who kinda resembles Son of Godzilla). Any help for me out there on these two?

I'm not sure about the purple guy, but the 'Son of Godzilla' character is 'Leviathan' from Digital Hero #4.

While I'm here, I would also like to see the pictures downloadable from the website. Yes, you can do a 'Save As', but it puts part of a blue oval over the legs. Obviously, these guys were colored and then the oval composited over the legs to fit in with the website background. I'd like to see the original version.

IMHO, of course,

Hi again,

Leviathan and Star*Guardian, eh? Cool; thanks for the 411. Gotta love fellow Hero fans! :)

Star*Guardian was actually my best guess for the purple guy (who's conveniently showed up in the sidebar of this reply page), what with the staff and all, but I'd read the current one is human, and this dude's purple. Also hadn't heard he was packing heat... :)

Hmm...little trip to the "Properties" dialog to grab the URL, and here's a link to the picture in question, in case it hasn't popped up in a window for you yet, and you were just working from my quick description above.

And yeah, no denying that complete pictures would be nice, be even what we have now seems Pretty Darn Cool to me. Just think, one day we'll all be telling the grandkids, "Yes, I remember when Hero Games only had Defender's picture in their Web page sidebar - that was in the early days, years before they bought out WotC and Games Workshop..." :D

Posted by JmOz:

Both are from Digital Hero...and why don't you have a subscription yet?

I prefer the convenience of paper for my periodicals - old fashioned, I know, but it's just so portable.

Anyway, thanks again for the info! :)

I prefer the convenience of paper for my periodicals - old fashioned, I know, but it's just so portable.

I agree as to preferring a paper copy, but I just use my handy-dandy Hewlett Packard subsidy from work to get my Digital Hero fix. (Kinda like the older Xerox subsidy.) I bring in a ream of paper once in a while to cover the paper used. I've done enough work at home to feel guilt-free over toner use, since they certainly aren't paying anything toward my home computer.

At 64 pages an issue (not counting covers), and you only like or use about half of that, it still comes out over 300 pages for $30. A little more if you add in paper and toner, but still a good deal. Plus you get to see the playtest stuff, which is a nice bonus.

And the coloring really is beautifully done, a VERY nice job. Dr. Silverback especially impresses me - somebody's definitely got the mad artistic skillz.

Don't forget to give props to Chris Stevens who drew Dr. Silverback. He's got mad skillz. I just colored it, trying to stay in the lines as best I could. Big ups to JamMaster Chriznis.

I would like to say though... if you are going to use one of my illos (like Thorn or whatever his name is) I would prefer that you use my color version (if there is one...some I did do in gray only).

Not a knock against anyone's coloring, but well... every pic I do is my baby. It is simply proprietary emotion.

OH dude, completely understandable. Thorn was someone i colored for my own personal game and sent to Ben to check out a long time ago. That's pretty much what all of these were anyway. In fact, I REALLY don't want to be offending any of my fellow artists. So If anyone is bothered, PLEASE e-mail me. In fact, I'm sure Ben would rather have the artists original colors if that is the case with some of the pics. So my apologies if I've stepped on anyone's toes. Not my intention at all.

Originally posted by bryanb

So Steve...What's the story? Will Hero Games make these available in the dowload section or do we have to keep Refreshing with our fingers crossed?

It took me about 10 minutes to get all the pictures. I did not think that was too bad, but I had time to kill. :)

Hello,

Originally Posted by Nato:

Don't forget to give props to Chris Stevens who drew Dr. Silverback. He's got mad skillz. I just colored it, trying to stay in the lines as best I could. Big ups to JamMaster Chriznis.

No doubt. It's just like the big-name hard-copy comic books - when the art is good, it's kudos all 'round to pencilers, inkers, and colorists... :)

And the art on the other pieces was fine as well - it was just the intricate detail of the Doc's clothing with its floral pattern and the light-and-shadows among the rumpling that caught me. Between that sort of thing, and all the colors available on a computer, seems like you'd really need a "Prestige Format" book to show most of these pieces in all their glory in a paper comic.

Originally posted by Nato

Yes, but I must also add that you've done an awesome job with coloring these Nato. This really helps bring the Champions Universe to life. At least for me it does. :cool:

Now if we could only get rid of the annoying blue oval across the bottom.