from little plot seeds, mighty games do grow: Share your ideas!

Hermit

Re: from little plot seeds, mighty games do grow: Share you ideas!

Just popped into my head.

Thunderbird is captured by a hero (or the PC group), and put on trial, and due to a technicality, he gets off on a mistrial.

Now, Thunderbird thinks the person who arrested him is an obstacle in his war on crime that must be removed. What will the PCs do to prevent Thunderbird from removing this 'obstacle'?

Whose Thunderbird?

And don't say its a god or god-like being from Amerind myth. :tonguewav

It's this deity-like being from... oh, nevermind. :D

Actually, the Thunderbird referenced is a "hero" who goes around killing criminals. Essentially, he's a highly trained man with a BFG and a load of grenades that go BOOM! He's built on 527 points and can be found on pages 207-9 in CKC. (Conquerors, Killers and Crooks.)

Using The Devil's Advocates...

Golem possesses Vanguard's statue in the Memorial Grove in Millennium City, and with his powers boosted with assistance from his team mates to more closely match Vanguard's own powers, sets out to destroy Millennium City...

(This is a specific application of one of the plot seeds suggested in AA)

• 4 weeks later...

Interface

Master of Stronghold- Assuming (like in mainstream CU 5th) that Interface is, in fact, in Stronghold, the authorities there STILL have to tend to his cybergear that keeps him alive. A mistake occurs however, when they underestimate the strength of his will. Somehow the supervillain, while plugged into super-prison, manages to usurp its programming. The robot guards of Stronghold turn on the human ones, and any criminal swearing loyalty to Interface is freed from their cell. The PCs are called in by the authorities for an assault on Stronghold before the cyborg madman can finish turning it into a megafortress to make a bid for full conquest!

An Offer They Can't Refuse-With ties to ARGENT severed, Interface has a problem. He still requires the regular maintenance for his cyborg body, but doesn't have the know how himself. So he finds a scientist/technician who is qualified, and kidnaps one of their loved ones as a hostage to force him or her to comply and assist... for the rest of their life. If one of the PCs works in a similar field, he may wonder why this promising tech is suddenly quiting and claiming to have found a 'new job' yet doesn't seem happy about that new job.

For added irony, if the PC's secret ID is very qualified he or she might find THEIR loved ones kidnapped instead.

Taking It To Them- Interface is now hunted by ARGENT, but they've made a foolish mistake. Assuming a contract on him would force the villain created by them to stay on the run, instead Interface hunts THEM... but he's not going to be a fool about it. The PCs begin receiving tips about ARGENT that is uncannily accurate. Following these tips leads to more clues, and if the PCs are clever, they can trace it up the ARGENT Hierachy. What they don't know is that Interface is now using them as a Stalking Horse, hoping the PCs will find the TOP guys in ARGENT for him. When both sides have nearly depleted each other, then he and his own group of mercs will step in and take over. Interface doesn't plan to run from ARGENT, he plans to become the head of it!

Interface

Master of Stronghold- Assuming (like in mainstream CU 5th) that Interface is, in fact, in Stronghold, the authorities there STILL have to tend to his cybergear that keeps him alive. A mistake occurs however, when they underestimate the strength of his will. Somehow the supervillain, while plugged into super-prison, manages to usurp its programming. The robot guards of Stronghold turn on the human ones, and any criminal swearing loyalty to Interface is freed from their cell. The PCs are called in by the authorities for an assault on Stronghold before the cyborg madman can finish turning it into a megafortress to make a bid for full conquest!

An Offer They Can't Refuse-With ties to ARGENT severed, Interface has a problem. He still requires the regular maintenance for his cyborg body, but doesn't have the know how himself. So he finds a scientist/technician who is qualified, and kidnaps one of their loved ones as a hostage to force him or her to comply and assist... for the rest of their life. If one of the PCs works in a similar field, he may wonder why this promising tech is suddenly quiting and claiming to have found a 'new job' yet doesn't seem happy about that new job.

For added irony, if the PC's secret ID is very qualified he or she might find THEIR loved ones kidnapped instead.

Taking It To Them- Interface is now hunted by ARGENT, but they've made a foolish mistake. Assuming a contract on him would force the villain created by them to stay on the run, instead Interface hunts THEM... but he's not going to be a fool about it. The PCs begin receiving tips about ARGENT that is uncannily accurate. Following these tips leads to more clues, and if the PCs are clever, they can trace it up the ARGENT Hierachy. What they don't know is that Interface is now using them as a Stalking Horse, hoping the PCs will find the TOP guys in ARGENT for him. When both sides have nearly depleted each other, then he and his own group of mercs will step in and take over. Interface doesn't plan to run from ARGENT, he plans to become the head of it!

I so wish I could play in your games

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

I took the liberty of, hopefully, collecting all the plots in this thread and putting them into workable sheets. I did this all in word, so I hope you can all use it. I broke things up into Solo, groups and organizations, team-up and/or versus, CHS plots (for Teen Champions), and a miscellaneous file for things that didn't fit in anywhere else. I really didn't do a lot of grammar checking, but I did correct the major spelling issues. This took longer than expected which is why I gave up on the grammar. Hope you all like it. let me know if i missed something or if there is trouble with the upload.

***It seems that people are having a problem with the zip file. I have uploaded the files separately and they can be found on the next page. (pg32)***

Hey everyone,

I took the liberty of, hopefully, collecting all the plots in this thread and putting them into workable sheets. I did this all in word, so I hope you can all use it. I broke things up into Solo, groups and organizations, team-up and/or versus, CHS plots (for Teen Champions), and a miscellaneous file for things that didn't fit in anywhere else. I really didn't do a lot of grammar checking, but I did correct the major spelling issues. This took longer than expected which is why I gave up on the grammar. Hope you all like it. let me know if i missed something or if there is trouble with the upload.

Very cool. My only problem? For some reason I can't open it. When I try to extract from the folder I get a message saying it's empty, and when I try opening it it just says that it's an incorrect file name. Are you sure that you uploaded the right file? :confused:

Very cool. My only problem? For some reason I can't open it. When I try to extract from the folder I get a message saying it's empty' date=' and when I try opening it it just says that it's an incorrect file name. Are you sure that you uploaded the right file? :confused:[/quote']

I just downloaded the file and opened it up with no issue. The five files came out without a problem. I'm not sure what happened with yours. I'll try it again from home later. Has anyone else had a problem?

Here are the unzipped files. I didn't want to take up a lot of space, but in the end I guess it wasn't too bad. I didn't include any names for credit as to who did what; should I have done that or did this all become public property after being posted here? It's mostly alphabetical for the groups, solo, and team-up documents.

CHS plots: are from Champions High School for Teen Champions. The link to this website didn't work any longer so I didn't include it.

groups and organizations: Pretty much what it states. Villain and hero groups along with villain and hero organizations.

Misc Plots: Generalized plot hooks usable for just about everything.

Solo: Single villain and heroes, along with important NPCs.

Team-ups and/or Versus: When two or more villains are either fighting each other, or working together for nefarious reasons.

• 3 weeks later...

Foxbat and Mechanon:

Foxbat decides that he wants to become the V.P. of the United States. He realizes (in a moment of clarity) that he himself will never be chosen. So he decides to kidnap all of the VP candidates and replaces them with robots that only he can control. The PC's are alerted when a contrite Foxbat goes to them explaining that he believes Mechanon has replaced the VP candidates with robots, but only after Mechanon had taken control of them.

Foxbat:

FB decides that he wants to be known as Foxbat, Master of Time. He builds a giant robot and during the New Year's eve celebration in Time Square, he manuevers the robot into position to catch the ball and stop the New Year from arriving, stopping time.

What if he succeeded and where did he get the giant time stopping robot? and how did he get the giant robot in time square with out stepping on anyone?

• 1 month later...

Re: from little plot seeds, mighty games do grow: Share your ideas!

Got my V,V, &V :D

The Braintrust

1.)Brainfood: The Overbrain sends the Braintrust to various locations throughout the city, but no robberies occur. Investigating PCs may find that instead, the Braintrust members are tinkering with satellite dishes at residences all over, planting odd devices that allow for some strange new form of transmission from the homes. Unless this is prevented, in twenty four hours, the Trust will flip the switch, and tv sets everywhere will begin transferring the INT and EGO of the viewers to the Overbrain and the range will spread from there so anyone in the city just gets dumber and dumber till they're drooling morons and the Overbrain is all powerful, and all knowing!

Bonus 'Chutzpah' points to GMs who slip in a guest appearance of Captain Chronos who informs the PC that only the Chosen One is immune to the effect, a chosen one by the surname of Fry! ;)

2.)This is what happens when you don't spay your catgirls: So King Cobra made the Ophidian plague. Big Whoop, thinks the Overbrain. To prove he can do one better, he creates his own version of the gene altering plague, and uses Lynx as a carrier. Lynx begins to claw other women, making them into catgirls who are more animalistic than she, yet subject to her orders (which will include going out and making more cat girls (and maybe one lucky guy who has struck Lynx's fancy)). Can the PCs stop the growing Catgirl army or is the city doomed to be buried in hairballs?

3.)Trebek Smash: Ever looking for new members for the Braintrust even if he has to empower them himself, the Overbrain has found a new form of radiation he has dubbed 'Lambda Energy' that has odd mutative powers. Apparently, it converts intelligence and knowledge into raw strength, stamina, and rage! The Overbrain is sure he can use his powers to control the mind of the newly made brute, but obviously the smarter the subject the better. That's no worry to him. After all, the Overbrain reasons, he's smart enough for the whole team. The Braintrust attempts to kidnap a certain Canadian born trivia gameshow host. It works better than the Overbrain anticipated, and the now maple colored brute escapes, spreading chaos through the city with the Braintrust giving chase. The PCs have to find the altered showhost first, calm him down or capture him, and find a way to reverse what's been done before the Overbrain can recruit him. Much is on the line, one man's mind is in...dare we say it? Jeopardy!

A little cross-pollenation of VVV and CU:NOTW:

Valak and Galaxia: The infamous would-be interstellar conqueror, Galaxia, has learned that an even more feared entity, Valak the World-Ravager, is confined on Earth in Stronghold. Galaxia decides that the two of them would be a perfect match, and manages to free Valak from his imprisonment. Valak too is impressed to meet a powerful female as devoted to conquest and destruction as he. After levelling Stronghold and recruiting an army from the liberated super-prisoners, the two alien menaces launch a campaign of devastation that threatens the entire Earth.

A little cross-pollenation of VVV and CU:NOTW:

Valak and Galaxia: The infamous would-be interstellar conqueror, Galaxia, has learned that an even more feared entity, Valak the World-Ravager, is confined on Earth in Stronghold. Galaxia decides that the two of them would be a perfect match, and manages to free Valak from his imprisonment. Valak too is impressed to meet a powerful female as devoted to conquest and destruction as he. After levelling Stronghold and recruiting an army from the liberated super-prisoners, the two alien menaces launch a campaign of devastation that threatens the entire Earth.

Let me state for the record...

YIKES!!

2.)This is what happens when you don't spade your catgirls: So King Cobra made the Ophidian plague. Big Whoop, thinks the Overbrain. To prove he can do one better, he creates his own version of the gene altering plague, and uses Lynx as a carrier. Lynx begins to claw other women, making them into catgirls who are more animalistic than she, yet subject to her orders (which will include going out and making more cat girls (and maybe one lucky guy who has struck Lynx's fancy)). Can the PCs stop the growing Catgirl army or is the city doomed to be buried in hairballs?

An army of catgirls? Explain to me how this is villainous? :love:;)

2.)This is what happens when you don't spay your catgirls: So King Cobra made the Ophidian plague. Big Whoop, thinks the Overbrain. To prove he can do one better, he creates his own version of the gene altering plague, and uses Lynx as a carrier. Lynx begins to claw other women, making them into catgirls who are more animalistic than she, yet subject to her orders (which will include going out and making more cat girls (and maybe one lucky guy who has struck Lynx's fancy)). Can the PCs stop the growing Catgirl army or is the city doomed to be buried in hairballs?

An army of catgirls? Explain to me how this is villainous? :love:;)

I'm with The Bunneh. This is a problem how?

The Tiger Squad

1) Flying Tigers: The Tiger Squad discovers a covert operation by their government that they find beyond the pale. Hundreds of lives could be lost if it isn't foiled or stopped. Sickened, the most pro democracy members of the Squad meets secretly and agrees to defect as one to the West, and bring the evidence of this coming atrocity to light, both to foil it, and to make a statement. One of them leaving, the Communist Regime could brush off with a bogus story, but if 8 or more depart and appear united on Western Press, it will be much harder to dismiss. However, they need help. Turning to the PCs, they ask for aid in abducting their own family members and making sure they get to the West first so they can't be imprisoned or threatened by the government they're about to really piss off. Will the PCs risk an international incident? And what if some family members refuse to go? And if the Party actually set this out to flush out 'traitors', will they find themselves facing ambushes meant for the pro democracy TS members?

2) Reflections of Wu: Odd reports come in from China, as shipments stop, and the borders close. The effects on the world economy are immediate, and spy planes going in lose contact, but satellites appear to be out of the range of whatever is going on, and give some details. Dr. Yin Wu has succeeded in transforming modern China into his idealized version of a medieval China of legend. And the Tiger Squad has been transformed into his loyal vassals. While clever PCs can find means to protect themselves from the magic of the mirror of transcendence for a short time, will it be enough time to defeat the altered Tiger Squad, and free China? Or will they too be enslaved even if they somehow can defeat the army of superpowered beings?

3) Trying on Stripes: One by one, Tiger Squad members end up being killed, or badly injured in seeming 'accidents' and battle with 'random' opponents. The Chinese government, true to its nature, down plays the bad press abroad, while trying to turn them into loyal martyrs at home but does not suspect foul play. Technocrat, however does. Believing that there is a traitor among the squad itself, Technocrat hacks into the files of the Chinese government and creates fake covers for "new members" while at the same time, using her gadgetry to provide PCs with translation devices ("Flawless Chinese, really... most of the time") and disguises so they can pretend to be those new members and uncover what's going on. Who is the traitor? And even if Technocrat is proven right, should the Communist government find out she has done this, she's sure to be in great danger.