Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

From Team F-up:

Capt. Mysterion: "Leroy? Isn't that the guy you liquified?"

Lillith: "We did NOT liquify him! He got liquified while we were there."

Later, it was implied Lillith's fiance was gay.

Lillith: "If Angus is gay, he deserves an Oscar. And an AVN award!"

Lillith's houseguest left behind the purchases she made off Home Shopping Network, filling all her spare rooms and closets. Lillith got upset with Benedict questioning Angus' motives.

Lillith: "Get out of my house! And take an Amazing Ab Griller with you!"

Okay, we're on a boat, boat gets attacked while we are sleeping. Everyone is grabbing their gear and running to see what is wrong. Everyone but me. Magnyr Burk spent a lot of money buying half plate that has the "boyancy" abilitiy. So, I put it on.

Apparently, donning half plate takes alot of time. (4 minutes)...so the combat lasts 18 rounds and over two minutes after it is over I burst forward from the cabin I was in and yell, "Geez! You guys look like hell!"

One more from Sunday:

Dr. Benedict is concerned about Lillith marrying Mad Angus McCrae because he is an Unseelie prince and is from Arcadia. As he and Lillith are arguing, Angus comes home.

Dr. Benedict: "But he's not from here!"

Lillith: "You don't like immigrants? That's racist!"

Angus (from doorway): "And is Benedict an Lakota or Algonkquin name?"

From Sunday's Star Horror Hero Campaign while "The Defenders" are on hiatus...

(all ooc, but using the PC names)

GM: Okay, we go to 8's.. Rando, it's your turn

Rando: Alright, I'll take my..

GM: Oh, wait, we skipped Andy's action in 6

Rando: Huh?

Andy: Yeah! It's MY turn! Stop stepping on MY turn, "Amazing RANDO!"

Rando: ... sorry.

GM: Okay, Andy, what are you going to do?

Andy: ...I'm just gonna hold my action into 8's and let Rando go.

Not so much a quote but something you never really want to have happen...

One of our players didn't show for the normal game so we went into the often used Secondary Game, two of us decided to introduce two new characters, the third went with her standby. We have Brian the Speedster/Blaster, Charletain the mentalist/illusionist and me .. one of Death's henchmen. My character is spat out of nowhere into the world (essentially my character will be "just born" into the world upon my entrance).

The first action I get to take?

The thing summoning me goes "Subdue them!"

I immediately proceed to take a front line combat character and paste both of them. In four phases. The players were My Wife and the GMs Wife...

Getting the party to work together once I was released from the enemies Mind Control was... interesting. Doubly so since I decided to try out a Mute character and couldn't actually share that with them that for quite some time.

The GM is still in the dog house. I at least can claim I was just "In Character".

The only thought I line I can come up with to cause the GM to do this is "I don't really feel like making enemies tonight, so I'll have the players attack each other. Without telling any of them."

The only thought I line I can come up with to cause the GM to do this is "I don't really feel like making enemies tonight' date=' so I'll have the players attack each other. Without telling any of them."[/quote']

That's sort of funny and creative. :)

My GM did that! 24d6 mind control "kill everyone!"

was a long long long night

Thankfully he couldn't use the word Kill as the character has Thou Shalt Not Kill at Very Common; Total - I simply will not strike to kill a living creature.

He almost broke his own mind control when the enemy went "Kill Him! NO SUBDUE HIM!" I hesitated for half a phase... and still won. Oh well.

It was mildly amusing ... and kinda fun. Don't wish to repeat it though.

From a quick Arcana Unearthed pick-up game ... I've assembled the closest thing I can to a classic rogue, and he's of a feline race called a Litorian ('Cat Burglar', get it? :D), and we wind up prowling though a cavern looking for some lost kids. Since I'm the only one in the party with any appreciable stealth skills, I'm prowling ahead, pulling steady high-20s Sneak checks until the final leg of the exploration ... when I pull an 8.

I get accosted at bowpoint and, when asked what I'm doing here, I start babbling on about why we're there, mentioning that we're looking for lost kids. He says that if he sees them, he'll let me know. My Sense Motive check bombs, but my Listen picks out a couple of muffled voices behind him. I retreat back to the rest of the party.

Insert recap ...

"... and he said he'd let me know if he saw the kids."

PC2, a Dracha (dragon-ish): "Was he lying?"

"He didn't say."

Thankfully he couldn't use the word Kill as the character has Thou Shalt Not Kill at Very Common; Total - I simply will not strike to kill a living creature.

He almost broke his own mind control when the enemy went "Kill Him! NO SUBDUE HIM!" I hesitated for half a phase... and still won. Oh well.

It was mildly amusing ... and kinda fun. Don't wish to repeat it though.

the real problem was the guy with the magical cosmic VPP pool and the limitation of "total jackass" so he really wasn't all that concerned.

2d6 greatsword +2d6 flamind adder = 4d6 killing attack = bad news

Shaping up to be in the Top 10 most Crap-tacular weeks of my life... so Thursday's game was kinda lame... but it had two of the funnier moments come out of it.

Me: Make your perception rolls.

Brigit: I miss by... (then in total cutesy voice) oh wait, I make it right on the nosey!

Rest of us stare at her, then crack up. Cutesy is not Brigit's normal style.

Brigit: (trying to be serious again) What I meant was, I had plus one... so I made it!

Me: Wouldn't that be "plussey onesey?"

Rest of the night... "Right on the nosey!" was a very common phrase! :)

------

Later... as my poor GMing connected with exhaustion, I tried to describe a terrorist gunman jumping into a communter plane.

Me: Ok... he's wearing a baklava!

Everyone stares and I immediately realize what I said... Laughter...

Eric: That would be balaclava...?" snort!

Me: Yeah, no pastry stuck to his forehead! (shaking my own head)

But I couldn't stop there... no... I then try to continue describing him further...

Me: No uniform... but he is carrying an mp3.

Brigit: What? He's carrying his music with him?

Me: 'gasp'... blah! I meant MP-5. Yeah... so this guy has Greek pastries and his I-pod with him!

James: He's carrying snacks and his tunes? Worst terrorist ever!

------

Yeah... it was one of those nights.

Yeah... it was one of those nights.

:rofl:

Yeah, I've had nights like that. Once I actually managed to nod off in the middle of my own character description! At least you got a few good laughs out of your hell-week.

bigdamnhero

"Well, my days of not taking you serious are certainly coming to a middle."

All I'm going to say is ...

While trying to describe where the head cultist was retreating to, I accidentally combined the words 'rectory' and 'sanctum' in the worst possible way.

heh, that's ok. I have a friend whose name is as follows:

fist name initial = A

middle name initial = L

first 4 letter in last name = Rect

now the chool logins were the first 4 letters of our last names, then the first initial of our firsname and finally the first initial of our middle....

Her loggin was great for a few laughs.

Onyxclaw, you forgot about our other friend, D. R. Cochran. The school changed it's loggins to first initial, middle initial, then first four letters of last name. Alrect isn't so funny, but things only got worse for the good doctor.

Onyxclaw' date=' you forgot about our other friend, D. R. Cochran. The school changed it's loggins to first initial, middle initial, then first four letters of last name. Alrect isn't so funny, but things only got worse for the good doctor.[/quote']

it's better for the SATs where Alrect was instead RectAL

New Man, the team mentalist, had just been ambushed and eviscerated by a rogue vampire. He was at -5 BODY, and dying.

Me: New Man will continue to take one BODY each time he gets an action.

Thich Nat Han: New Man! Hold your actions!

:lol:

The team managed to kill one of the vampires, beheading it. I didn't bother to delete his name off my action sheet, so when his next phase came up:

Me: Vampire's action. He... stays dead.

Straight Arrow: That is comforting.

:rofl:

Bill.

While I'm reasonably certain you're just being a smarta$$' date=' what I said was something akin to 'The cultist flees into his rectum'.[/quote']

At least he'd be fairly sure he'd not be followed...

A friend of mine was GM'ing Star Wars back in the day, and once surprised the players with the sudden appearance of Stormtroopers in "Whiney Sh*te Suits"

Sick Joke Alert -- if you're easily offended, you might want to scroll past this (or put me on ignore for a couple days -- this thread should be on a new page by then).

D&D 3.5 in the Forgotten Realms (yes, I know ...), the session before last was trying to figure out why an army is now occupying the home town of one of the PCs. At the beginning of last session, we discovered that the 'army' is actually a military force sent by the Cult Of The Dragon. We then had to pause the action while the GM got everyone up to speed -- while our characters would all know about the Cult, some of the players didn't.

GM: (in the course of his description) They're an actual religious cult ...

Player 1: So can we get them to line up for Kool-Aid?