Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

The Call of Cthulhu game 'Questions of Inheritance' went quite well, I thought. I look forward to running it for other groups.

The Characters -

Dr. Alexander DiMera
, sole remaining scion of the line after the tragic death of various relatives.

Trudy DiMera, nee Cartwright
, newly married.

Major Charles Warburton
. Was present at the death of DiMera's cousin Aristide during the Great War.

Thomas Buckley
, Warburton's batman during the War, and now his valet

Snr Antonio Bendatti
Solicitor to Alex's uncle Lewis Resterick, the steward of the DiMera estates since the death of his wife, brothers-in-law, and only son.

The Situation : Autumn 1923 - The five are invited to gather at the Villa DiMera on Gorgona, to discuss certain questions of inheritance, and explain more about the death of Aristide.

Of course, if you think this will go smoothly then you don't know H.P. Lovecraft or Agatha Christie, and both groups soon found themselves in a shocking situation.

That's because their host Resterick took a big swig of sparkling cyanide at dinner, and slumped over the fish course. And I'd carefully given all the PCs means, motive and opportunity to be responsible. The playtest group responded very differently to the group at Swancon. For one thing they scrambled to destroy evidence that would incriminate them, all such attempts backfiring wildly. The other group barricaded themselves into the icehouse with the corpse, correctly deduced a much more accurate version of events, but arrived at theories about a 1600-year-old conspiracy based on the Wiki page I cut and pasted to frame the bit about Gorgona. Either way, I was delighted. I sorry I missed Rob & Leece's scene outside the room, where they had a tearful in-character confession of murder, acquittal, and forgiveness. When they finished and looked up, the entire floor of con-goers was staring at them, and they had to explain they were roleplaying.

Me
: At least we know Buckley can't have done it - as we all know, Batman doesn't kill people.

"She's not a nymphomaniac, she's married"

Buckley OOC
: We have two chances -

Bendatti comes up with a scheme that will let everybody ignore the abundance of circumstantial evidence.

Buckley
: That would certainly make
you
feel less guilty

Bendatti
: I
am
a lawyer

Even more appalling with context

Warburton
: Buckley and I have spent many a happy hour in the company of corpses.

Warburton
: Shall we sleep in shifts?

Trudy
: I'm not changing into a shift in front of anybody except my husband.

Buckley, Master of the Butler's Art of Deadpan Sarcasm
: Fantastic miss, sir.

And some appalling OOC puns.

"Can you pass the water?"

"No, I haven't drunk it yet"

"Isn't that scraping the bottom of the barrel?"

"Yes, I've got splinters"

Driving home after the playtest.

Me
: So, am I a bastard?
:eg:

Horse in adjacent vehicle tries to kick a hole in its float

Purrdence
: Even the horse thinks you're a prick

The Call of Cthulhu game 'Questions of Inheritance' went quite well, I thought. I look forward to running it for other groups.

.... The other group barricaded themselves into the icehouse with the corpse, correctly deduced a much more accurate version of events, but arrived at theories about a 1600-year-old conspiracy ....

No doubt a very Gothic conspiracy....

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary warns everyone to beware of the Invisigoths (They sack unseen)

No doubt a very Gothic conspiracy....

*grins* they were very impressed by the fake historical documents you devised, especially when I aged them and made them look like they'd been torn from old books and gnawed by rats

ewwwwww

Well, it WAS a mash-up of Rats in the Walls and Ten Little Indians. And at least the second group got hold of the documents BEFORE the rats finished destroying them. (hmm... must enlist Ratfan's pets next time I need something like that - they'd be enthusiastically destructive...)

From last night's S-Squad Champions game (part 1):

During a rescue mission / attack on an alien space station orbiting Jupiter, the heroes befriended the AI on a prototype starship capured by some aliens. They made a deal to return the ship to its rightful owner, an alien whose race is *not* allied to the empire that declared war on Earth.

Serendipity (to her boyfriend): I'm going to form an alliance with an alien race. (pause) I'll be gone a week.

The heroes learn that the medical robot on the ship is capable of replacing the blinded Cobalt Kid's eyes with cybernetic ones. (As Styx said, "scoop out the old ones, pop in the new.") And the AI isn't sure, but possibly its owner could repair the damage to CK's optic nerves. They leave the choice up to the Kid.

Styx: I have a ticket... or a spoon.

The food on the ship is a nutritious but unappetizing paste.

Synergy: I'm bringing ketchup and Coke. I'm American, so ketchup can make anything palatable.

The heroes consider taking Styx's and Serendipity's foster kid, eight year-old Amber, along but are afraid she won't keep the secret well.

Synergy (imitating Amber showing pictures to friends): And here's me with Redgar the Destroyer...

Subliminal is talking about his Images, which even affect the Touch group.

Subliminal: ... in Sensational Feel-a-Round!

Lucikly for Sentinel and Synergy, the trip to Alpha Mensae III coincided with their week-long Spring Break from college. But the trip is three days each way, and they're considering staying longer to wait for a delegation of Cyntek ambassadors to arrive.

Subliminal (to Serendipity): Styx and I can stay. You can take the kids back to school.

Various jokes were made about the aliens examining Cobalt Kid in preparation for fixing his eyes.

Sentinel: [Edna Mode]No Probes![/Edna Mode]

GM: "My eyes aren't *back there*!"

Synergy: It sounded like he said, "Sure, shove it right in!"

I forget the context on this quote.

Styx: Riding through the desert on a horse with no name...

Subliminal: Oh, that was Herbert.

Styx: See, nobody tells me these things.

Synergy: At least it wasn't Mister Ed.

After returning, Styx goes on a date with Witchcraft, and Subliminal is a bit jealous.

Subliminal: The only reason it stays up is rigor mortis...

The next day, Fox News' Glenn Beck comments on Styx and Witchcraft going together to the museum opening.

Beck: God only knows what kind of dark magic rituals those two are practicing... Styx claims to be a 'dead man walking.' Wonder how he got that way? Can you say 'necromancy'? I bet you can!

Witchcraft is livid and calls Styx to apologize and vent.

Witchcraft: ... if it wasn't for Defender's orders to turn the other cheek, I'd give him a hex that would last a month. Maybe a year. (pause) A decade, at the outside.

Can she get revenge without disobeying Defender?

Witchcraft: Well, *I* can't cast a bad-luck hex on Glenn Beck. (pause, then grins) Do you have Serendipity's email address?

More from last night's S-Squad game:

Sentinel gets examined by Lifeline to determine the risks her radiation powers pose if/when she decides to have a kid.

Lifeline: I also suggest that, during any pregnancy, you get an amniocentisis, genetic testing of the fetus, to determine if it has any birth defects. After all, forewarned is forearmed. (pause, then horrified look) I am SO SORRY! That was a completely inappropriate choice of words!

Serendipity is contacted by Magnetite (the local VIPER Nest Leader, with whom she has a semi-friendly relationship). He tells her that VIPER intercepted a COIL communique indicating that COIL hired the Slaughterhouse Seven [a nasty but excellent supervillain team from Heroes Unlimited, converted to Hero] to take out S-Squad in revenge for the heroes capturing King Cobra.

Magnetite: And then yesterday, Colonel Chaos, the leader of the Seven, contacted me trying to get VIPER to pay him to kill S-Squad. The double-dipping bast**d.

Magnetite also reveals that a VIPER mole in ARGENT learned that Colonel Chaos purchased some specialty explosives with "multiple triggers" and spy cams/microphones.

Magnetite: You'll note that all this information is gratis. Free of charge. You'll also note that the Slaughterhouse Seven have no problems with causing lots of collateral damage, whether to accomplish their mission or just for fun. Those explosives will most certainly be used against innocents. Now, I have a device that can disable those triggers, rendering the bombs a moot point. I can give this to you in exchange for a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card. An assurance from you and *all* of your teammates that, next time we cross paths, my men and I will be allowed to leave without any interference from S-Squad.

Serendipity isn't sure she can make that deal.

Magnetite: I understand, you can't speak for your teammates. And if they decide not to accept my offer... well, you're all fairly resourceful. I'm sure you can handle the Slaughterhouse Seven with minimal loss of life...

After researching the Slaughterhouse Seven, the heroes reluctantly make the deal, and Magnetite turns over a jammer.

Magnetite: One thing you have to admire about ARGENT, when they make something, they also generally make something else that can nullify it, just in case it gets used against them. (pause) I'll need it back after you're done. Our mole borrowed it from ARGENT, and it needs to be returned before it's missed.

He also notes that the spy cams and microphones were integrated into the bomb.

Serendipity: THAT would have made defusing the bombs a lot harder!

A few days later, Colonel Chaos calls the S-Squad base to say that he has three dozen children hostage (they can be heard very young kids screaming and crying in the background), and he will free them if S-Squad turns over their captured starship to him. (He knows they won't do this, but it will bring them into his ambush. And who knows, he might just walk away with a stealth starship!)

Colonel Chaos: You have 15 minutes to bring the ship to South Austin [a neighborhood 5 miles west of downtown Chicago]. I'll contact you with a specific location by radio when I see the ship overhead.

Serendipity: The ship is out at Rock Island! We need more time than that!

Colonel Chaos: You've gotten to the ship quickly before to deal with Kaldaren attacks. I'm sure you'll manage. And if not, we'll execute a hostage every minute until you arrive. Hopefully we won't run out before you get here.

Serendipity: But... 15 minutes isn't long enough!

Colonel Chaos: Actually, it's now 14 minutes and 30 seconds...

All of the heroes were at the base except Sentinel, who is in class at that time.

Subliminal (team mentalist): Do I know her secret ID and where she goes to class?

Sentinel: Are you saying you've been tiptoeing through my tulips?

Since Colonel Chaos only gave the heroes a general area to come to, Synergy uses his Megascale movement and what he learned from inspecting the ARGENT jammer to triangulate the signals from the spy cams. Meanwhile, Sentinel is searching online for preschools and day care centers in the few-block radius that Synergy identifies.

GM (to Sentinel): You find one place, called the Day Care Corral. I *was* going to call it the Kiddie Corral, but I thought that was too cutesy.

Styx: Actually, that's what they would name it. Someone would have suggested it, and everyone else would have thought it was too cute. They couldn't help themselves.

Synergy taps into the feed from the spy cams to find out what's going on inside, spotting three of the Seven. He also sees Serpentina is carrying a baby.

GM: It appears to be asleep. Babies can sleep through anything.

Synergy: How is she holding it?

Subliminal: Is she doing the "mommie rocking" thing, or is she carrying it like a sack of potatoes?

GM: Like a sack of potatoes. She's not exactly Mommy material.

With less than a minute left, the ship arrives in the area, and Colonel Chaos directs them to land it in the middle of the intersection of Central and Jackson.

Colonel Chaos: You'll snap a few wires and knock down some poles. Shouldn't damage the ship. The cars will get out of the way. If not, well, they get crushed.

Most of the Slaughterhouse Seven step onto the street waiting for the heroes to pop up. The Gunfight at the Kiddie Corral is about to begin!

Subliminal uses invisible Telepathy to check on the baby.

Subliminal: Everybody, be aware, she's got a real, live baby there!

Maybe telling the heroes to bring the starship wasn't the best tactical move on the Colonel's part.

Subliminal: I ask the gunner on the ship if he's got a lock on Warmonger.

GM: I forget what the gunner's name is.

Subliminal: We call him Mac.

GM: No, Mac is the guy from PRIMUS.

Subliminal: Doesn't matter. We still call him Mac. So, does he?

"Mac": I've got him. Ready for me to open fire?

Subliminal: Go for it!

Plasma Cannon: KA-ZOTZ!

Serendipity tries to take the baby away from Serpentina.

GM: How?

Serendipity: Like a Disarm.

GM: Oooookay. Well, the baby's awake now. And screaming as you and Serpentina play tug-of-war with it.

(Serendipity loses the STR-vs-STR contest)

Serpentina: Hasn't anyone ever told you not to shake a baby?

Styx grabs Serpentina, Subliminal grabs the baby and teleports away, and Styx jumps onto the top of the ship with Serpentina, landing in front of the upper turret.

Styx: Will her head fit in the barrel of the ship's gun?

He holds her stomach against the gun barrel.

Styx: This is a Mark 17 Blaster Cannon. It blew Synergy out of the air with one shot. Let's see how well you can take it.

Chaos tries to trigger the bombs, but the jammer causes that to fail. So he heads inside to do it the old-fashioned way (hoping to draw the fight inside and hamstring the heroes). Synergy does a move-by grab on Chaos and uses him as a battering ram on the wall.

GM: Colonel Chaos says, "Okay, fine! Warmonger! Get in here and..."

Synergy: No he doesn't. He goes (mimes talking without sound).

GM: You still have your silence field going?

Synergy: Yep. :D

He then tries doing a Move-Through with Chaos against Headstrong. Who is heavy and doesn't move, causing Synergy to take the full Move-Through damage. Then Headstrong head-butts Synergy into the next room, where he falls unconscious. On Headstrong's next phase...

GM: (Picks up a bunch of dice)

Sentinel: What is Headstrong doing?

Synergy: Making sure I don't get up anytime soon. :(

Before the fight started, Sentinel had gotten two levels of Find Weakness on Crazyface (whose face looks very similar to the creature in Alien). He then one-shotted her unconscious before she could attack. Now back conscious, she begins blasting him.

Sentinel (rolling 12 dice): How much do I subtract for his defenses?

GM: (after halving his ED twice): Seven.

Sentinel: Seven?! :)

Subliminal: He ain't gonna like this.

Final score: Warmonger and Crazyface captured (with Warmonger seriously injured by multiple hits from the ship's plasma cannon). Serpentina escaped from Styx's grasp, hit him with a paralysis dart, then ran like heck. Colonel Chaos and Doublespeak were KOd but carried off by teammates Psychotrope and Headstrong, so they also escaped. And all the kids were saved.

GM (to Subliminal): But they're gonna need your help to not have nightmares for the rest of their lives. Colonel Chaos really shouldn't have allowed Crazyface to play "peek-a-boo" with them.

Oh, I forgot the pre-game ones. My budding supervillain daughter is watching me map out the building.

Her: Where's the armory.

Me: ... ?!?! It's a day care center! You don't put an armory in a day care center!!

Her: (pause) Maybe it's an EVIL day care center.

A few minutes later:

Her: So, no poison pit?

Me: Nope. Though it does have a ball pit. They never clean those, so it's probably pretty dangerous.

Sounds like a great game, Bolo! The mention of Sentinel and her radiation powers reminded me, you once mentioned something that was going to be a surprise for the players, someone with animal control powers...did you do anything more with that?

Oh, I forgot the pre-game ones. My budding supervillain daughter is watching me map out the building.

Her: Where's the armory.

Me: ... ?!?! It's a day care center! You don't put an armory in a day care center!!

Her: (pause) Maybe it's an EVIL day care center.

A few minutes later:

Her: So, no poison pit?

Me: Nope. Though it does have a ball pit. They never clean those, so it's probably pretty dangerous.

The other day I commented to my wife how day care centers always seem to have cutesie names. "If I ever run one I'll name it Tree of Woe Day Care." We proceeded to riff on suggesting Conan-esque child activities like the big wheel.

Sounds like a great game' date=' Bolo! The mention of Sentinel and her radiation powers reminded me, you once mentioned something that was going to be a surprise for the players, someone with animal control powers...did you do anything more with that?[/quote']

(Since I know she doesn't frequent these boards) Yes, Sentinel's adopted daughter Sarah has them. Specifically, she can:

• Summon up to 8 animals
  • Talk to animals telepathically
  • Adjust animals' emotions
  • Possess an animal's body for a time
  • Heal animals' injuries

Various clues have been dropped, but either the player's not catching on or she's playing dumb. (I'm pretty sure it's the former.) As a sampling:

Most recently, a pack of squirrels chased off a mutant hunter who tried to kidnap one of the students at Sarah's school. A few days later, a man calling himself Squirrel King (actually a hero wannabe) claimed credit for that one.

Sarah has a small veterinary clinic in the basement of their brownstone, and talked her stepfather into building a pigeon coop on the roof. This kid has an amazing affinity for animals.

A while ago, a cat was trying to get Sentinel's attention after her daughter and some fellow students were kidnapped; for some reason Styx grabbed the cat and squeezed, almost killing it (and Sarah, who possessed the cat and was trying to get the heroes' help). Luckily, Sentinel healed it. Now Sarah hates Styx with a passion.

A few sessions back, Caren (Sentinel's Secret ID) tutored a Spanish soccer star at the university. When he stopped by to thank her, Sarah went weak-kneed and has been major crushing on him ever since. (Last night, Sarah Facebook-friended Juan and invited him to speak at her high school class.) Next session, Caren will run into Juan on campus and may wonder, "Why do birds suddenly appear... every time he comes near..."

[When Sentinel learns the truth about Juan will be a totally different matter. But that's a whole 'nother subplot...]

I'm a few sessions away from having the players guest-run teen heroes at Sarah's school who will discover something hidden beneath the school grounds, that the PCs will have to deal with. Those teen heroes may learn Sarah's secret; who knows what will happen.

It's been a slow-going subplot. Sometimes, I let them simmer for a while. The way I look at it...

-- Bird, cat, and dog food: $24.95

-- Bandages and veterinary medicines: $36.50

-- The players' reactions when they look back on all the clues I gave them: Priceless

Sounds like a good plan! Wish I could be there to see your players' faces. :)

Will Sarah adopt a moniker that start with "S" to fit in with the team theme? (Even if they won't let her on the team, she may well choose an "S" to emulate the heroes she's used to)

Will Sarah adopt a moniker that start with "S" to fit in with the team theme? (Even if they won't let her on the team' date=' she may well choose an "S" to emulate the heroes she's used to)[/quote']

Good question. Maybe "Sentient". 'Cuz she's a thinking animal. Plus, it's only one letter off of Sentinel (with a little rearrangement at the end).

Edit: matrix3 had an even better suggestion via PM: Shepherd. Many thanks.

For some reason, its been a long time since I posted quotes. Here are some quotes from the Rune Peaks campaign to get me back in the groove.

Xasha: Priestess of the Raven Queen (looks like young Jennifer Connelly all gothed out)

Anushka: Fighter/Rogue (looks like gothy Milla Jovovitch)

Azyrabett: Ranger Deer-Centaur (looks like Mena Suvari with hooves and antlers)

Davor: Half Orc Wizard (looks like Michael Chiklis painted green)

Raezel: Half Giant Paladin of the Raven Queen (looks like Justin Hartley from Smallville)

----------------

GM: The nice thing about Davor being bald is that theres less friction when Xasha smacks him upside the back of the head for being...well...Davor.

-----------------

Azyrabett (OOC) (Who is played by the GM's wife): Dont be a jerk.

GM: Ill try...but you know me, so you know that my options are limited.

---------------

GM: The coelocanth has left the hammer!

-------------

Anushka (OOC): Wow! You really flinched!

GM: It was coming straight for my head!

Azyrabett (OOC): I was just tossing you an M&M

GM: I thought it was a roach! Anything comes at my head, I think its a roach! 0_0

----------------

GM: The entire Hobgoblin army is looking around excitedly, and chanting "Helthor! Helthor! Helthor! Helthor!"

Azyrabett (OOC): You know this Helthor guy is like 2 feet tall, and wears pink shoes... ;)

-------------------

(New session) GM: *Looking around at the table, prepping to run* I seem to know where everything is...which frightens me...because that means that whatever Ive forgotten is soemthing I dont know...

----------------

GM: Its going to take you all about thirty minutes of grunting, sweating, pulling, prying, pushing, heaving, hauling, and swearing to get anything accomplished on this.

Azyrabett (OOC): So its kind of like putting together Ikea furniture?

---------------

GM: *Reaches for the big box of figures hes set aside for today*

Xasha (OOC): If you pull out "Vampire Potato People", Im....giving you a medal...and then Im going to leave!

------------------

Rhiona, hawt Dwarven priestess of the Mountains: *Pulls out a sling stone and holds it out at arms length toward and enemy*

Slingstone: *Shoots out at supersonic speed with a loud BANG!*

Big Bad Ogre: *DIES!*

Xasha: .....Earth girls are scary!

Rhiona: We're just well-grounded ;)

-------------

Davor: *Gets a Cone of Cold spell out*

Fire Ogres: *Fail their saves*

GM: The Fire Ogres fall over and shatter....*looks at the map*...limiting their ability to "flank" you.

-----------------

GM: *Erases a bunch of notes and blows across the page with the intent of scattering the eraser shavings....but also knocks over about half of the cardstock miniatures we are using*

GM: Um...can you fix my egregious stupidity?

Azyrabett (OOC): I can repair the effects..... ;P

----------------------

Xasha (OOC): Theres very little that this thing can do that doesnt get an "Ewwwww!" out of someone.

GM: It tries to cover Anushka in a vomit of grubs.

Xasha and Azyrabett (OOC): EWWWWWWW!

-------------------

Davor: *Scoops goop off of Xasha* Eww.

Anushka (OOC): And THATS the Orc!

-----------------

GM: Now that youve got your resident Were-bear rigged up in Japanese bondage ropes, she can pull the raft for you.

-----------------

Werewolfy Demi-God of Ultimate Evil: *HOOOOWWWWWLLLLZZZZ!*

Entire Party: *Fearz!*

Rhiona: *Casts a Remove Fear*

GM: The Remove Fear washes over you, giving you a warm, Dwarvish feeling of comfort and safety.

Xasha (OOC): "Dont worry. Its just a big doggy. Have another beer and dont give it another thought."

GM: ....Yes, basically :)

----------------------

Azyabett: I roll a "15". That doesnt hit, does it?

GM: That wouldnt hit its nuts*ck if it was lying on a pedestal.

---------------------

Clannak the Dwarven soldier: *Sights down his long-range sight for his crossbow* Rhiona, whats the wind?

Xasha (OOC): "Its the invisible movement of air molecules...but thats not important right now!" [/airplane]

-----------------

GM: So Azyra, I assume that youre going to allow Anushka to peek around the corner of the stairs?

Azyrabett (OOC): Well, Ive been thinking about pushing Anushka headlong down the stairs, and then tripping Raezel so he goes tumbling after, and then starting to sing a bawdy bar tune as loud as I can...but Ive decided that it would be better to do that another time.

-------------

GM: I'll use a d12 to represent the fire, since I know I wont need it for anything else.

Azyrabett (OOC): *Woefully, in sympathy for the lonely d12* You dont know.... :(

---------------------

Xasha (OOC): So.... we have befriended a "Pretty Ogre", a "Clever Ogre", and a "Graceful Ogre".....my whole world is upside down >_<

----------------------

GM: Your belief is absolutely accurate and totally irrelevant.

Azyrabett (OOC): Thats fair. :)

--------------

Azyrabett: Look! Theyre playing LOGASTOK!

Davor: Whats that?

Azyrabett: Lay On the Ground And Stab The Other Knight! :D

----------------

Anushka (OOC): The Hand is Good! The Morningstar is Bad!

GM: Thank you, Zardoz!

------------

GM: It hurts when I PVP...

For weeks the GM has been setting up for a confrontation

with the Barbarian Chief. GM has said his name like 30 dozen times.

The characters are homing in on his location...

Fighter: Now where is Dirt-Bag of the Hill-People again?

GM: Now that youve got your resident Were-bear rigged up in Japanese bondage ropes, she can pull the raft for you.

Should I be worried that I can pretty much picture what you mean by this?

Let me first congratulate everybody for the incredible Quotes in this thread as well as the thread itself for hitting page 600! :thumbup:

I wish that I could pitch in with a quote or two, but I'm currently not a part of any gaming group, and the quotes from groups of days-gone-by are all in the realm of you-had-to-be-there (sadly). :(

Only one quote from the Pulp game I'm in:

Set-up: William Gunslinger is sent to hand deliver a message to a "Mysterious Benefactor" who contacted us in the previous session. He gave us an address where we could supposedly reach him. When he gets there the place looks abandoned. Still He WAS all mysterious and all. Gunslinger checks the whole outside of the house, and not finding an obvious way in:

Gunslinger: Should I roll on High Society to figure out if he (the Mysterious owner) would think it wrong if I broke into...

Me (Obviously OOC): HAHAHAHA!:rofl:

(Since I know she doesn't frequent these boards) Yes, Sentinel's adopted daughter Sarah has them. Specifically, she can:

• Summon up to 8 animals
  • Talk to animals telepathically
  • Adjust animals' emotions
  • Possess an animal's body for a time
  • Heal animals' injuries

Various clues have been dropped, but either the player's not catching on or she's playing dumb. (I'm pretty sure it's the former.) As a sampling:

Most recently, a pack of squirrels chased off a mutant hunter who tried to kidnap one of the students at Sarah's school. A few days later, a man calling himself Squirrel King (actually a hero wannabe) claimed credit for that one.

Sarah has a small veterinary clinic in the basement of their brownstone, and talked her stepfather into building a pigeon coop on the roof. This kid has an amazing affinity for animals.

A while ago, a cat was trying to get Sentinel's attention after her daughter and some fellow students were kidnapped; for some reason Styx grabbed the cat and squeezed, almost killing it (and Sarah, who possessed the cat and was trying to get the heroes' help). Luckily, Sentinel healed it. Now Sarah hates Styx with a passion.

wasn't Styx one of her "Adopted"Folks? If so...man I wonder if the player will feel bad :)

wasn't Styx one of her "Adopted"Folks? If so...man I wonder if the player will feel bad :)

Nope. Different kid. Styx and Serendipity have each semi-adopted Amber, the orphaned daughter of a US State Department official who was killed to keep anyone from learning about... (bang!) (thud!)