What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

Tron: Legacy - The Complete Edition by Daft Punk. Back when the movie and soundtrack was released, there were a bunch of tracks that were exclusive to specific retailers. To get all of the tracks, you'd have to source some from the iTunes store, some from Amazon, some from the Nokia Music store, and some from a special edition bonus disc. The Complete Edition was released on December 17, and can be streamed from Amazon Music and various other streaming sources. If you want to own a copy, the best solution I've found was to purchase it through HD Tracks (FLAC 44.1kHz/24 bit) for $21.

I’ve just been listening to the new project of singer Morgan James.  She came out with a new version album of Jesus Christ Superstar with an all female cast.    It’s called “She is Risen”.    Very different but very good. You can hear tracks on YouTube, check it out.

Just now the concert I was watching hit the explosive opening to Beethoven's Fifth Symphony. The opening sequence is known to everyone, of course, but not everyone is as as familiar with the rest of this monumental achievement.

IIRC< Beethoven debuted the work in a concert in December 1805. The program also included the Pastoral Symphony (#6 if you're keeping track, and his fifth and final Piano Concerto (the Emperor).

The concert sadly did not go so wall. The orchestra had only been given a few days to rehearse, Beethoven was a poor conductor even before his hearing totally failed.  And the general conditions were horrible (among other things, the building was freezing.) Nonetheless, the works he premiered became famous almost intently and soon became staples in concert halls across Europe.

58 minutes ago, L. Marcus said:

For some obscure reason have I RATM's Bomb Track running in my head.

I know how you feel. There's a RATM track that fits the situation almost perfectly, but

A. I didn't remember the title.

B. The subject matter, like most RATM tracks, is disturbing and enraging -- but this one even more so due to recent events.

C . Like all RATM tracks, the language is coarse to almost laughable extremes

After all, this is the group who recorded a track about driving in Beverly Hills and randomly shooting people as a blow against oppression.

It would be painfully ironic were the far Right take cues and ideas form the Leftmost of all Leftist bands,