What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

The album, 13th Star by Fish.

This is a 2023 Remix Deluxe edition, which includes 3 CDs and a Blu-Ray disc. On that, there's a making of video, interviews with the folks who worked on the album, and a full concert video from 2008. It also has a Dolby Atmos/TrueHD mix of the album, along with AC3 stereo/5.1 mixes. The Dolby Atmos version is deftly mixed, and favors musicality over special effects. 

A couple of old anime OPS from my memory of the 1990s. (And it makes me feel old that the groundbreaking Gundam Wing is almost thirty years old).

First a series few would remember by now -- Sorceror Hunters, about a luckless, lecherous lycanthrope loved by two very possessive and very dangerous sisters and on a quest to rid the world of wicked socerors.

Speaking of Gundam, I was one of the few admirers Turn A had at the time before its long-delayed licensing tyo the States, I guess it canbe best described as "Gundam by Studio Ghibli", mainly due to the character designs. But it's quite a story, in which warriors from a Lunar colony invaded an Earth that had regbressed to 1910s kevek technology -- with Earth's main hope being a long-lost mobile robot suit called Gundam. It runs out that the daughter of a tycoon on Earth bears an astonishing resemblance to the Moon's revered monarch, to the point that when they meet they decide to swap places back and forth for the rest of the series. 

And speaking of Wing, the OP was quite impressive -- and initially unseen by US audiences. But the show brought the sort of grey morality to a "Cartoon" that had not been seen by North Americans in forever. Are the Gundam Pilots heroes, terrorists, murderers, or saviors? Perhaps they were all of the above. Oh, and this was one of the most notable early series to be "shipped" among the male cast, even though each had a female love interest, in a triumph of "subtext" that would forever alter fandom not just for anime but for just about everything else.

Now I feel incredibly old.