• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

It would have been easy to stick to one author like James Patterson who has done a few books with numbers in them but if you look each one is by a different author.

So some thought went into this and you also have the fact that these are all bestselling authors. McNab might not be known on the West side of the Atlantic but he was a member of the SAS so he is known here.

On 9/14/2022 at 6:25 AM, Logan.1179 said:

I tried to assemble a list of books for this using only ones I had read, but I only got seven. Need another five books and I'm just not reading that much these days. 

Right now, all I come up with is The Two Towers, The Three Musketeers, and Nine Princes In Amber.

7 hours ago, Pariah said:

Right now, all I come up with is The Two Towers, The Three Musketeers, and Nine Princes In Amber.

I had One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Two Towers, Drawing of the Three, Four Past Midnight, Slaughterhouse Five, Ten Little Indians, Twelve Angry Men, and now I can add Nine Princes in Amber, thanks to you. I think there were more, but I'm blanking. 

39 minutes ago, Logan.1179 said:

I had One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Two Towers, Drawing of the Three, Four Past Midnight, Slaughterhouse Five, Ten Little Indians, Twelve Angry Men, and now I can add Nine Princes in Amber, thanks to you. I think there were more, but I'm blanking. 

Our school play Ten Little Indians my junior year in high school. I was one of the last people to die, so I guess that made me a main character.

1 hour ago, slikmar said:

I would have figured you to be typecast as the murderer, which of course still could have been as he was one of the last to die. 😀

Actually, my best friend was the murderer and my cousin who was living with us that year was the male protagonist. 😀

Of the books I own here are the ones with numbers

One Day in a Very Long War, One for the Money, One Hundred Years for Solitude, One Shot,

Two for the Dough, A Tale of Two Cities, Two Towers,

Three to get Deadly, Three Musketeers, Three Men in a Boat, Three Men on the Bumnel,

Four to Score, Four Past Midnight,

High Five,

The Cold Six Thousand, Six Armies in Normandy, Deep Six,

Silverfall: Stories of the Seven Sisters, Seventh Son, Seven Pillars of Wisdom,

When Eight Bells Toll,

Force Ten from Navaronne,