"Neat" Pictures

Dr. Anomaly

Re: "Neat" Pictures

I would've guessed the Palouse (Eastern Washington and Northwestern Idaho). But then' date=' I've heard it called the Tuscany of the northwest.[/quote']

I was figuring europe, but I am not an expert on anything there. There are a few parts of the palouse that might have such rugged stuff next to the rolling hills, I guess.

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

The first second base?

This makes me wonder what euphemisms people used back then.

And what euphemisms do people use in countries where they don't play baseball, anyway? (Maybe that's not an appropriate discussion for this thread....)

This makes me wonder what euphemisms people used back then.

And what euphemisms do people use in countries where they don't play baseball, anyway? (Maybe that's not an appropriate discussion for this thread....)

It could be used to disprove evolution, or at least that the nature of Man hasn't changed in the last 5,000 years

Last time I looked, Zimbabwe was running about 21 million percent* inflation annually. They're pretty much back to looting and barter for property transfer now.

*EDIT: That is the number I remember reading; it isn't intended to be exaggerated for emphasis.

Last time I looked, Zimbabwe was running about 21 million percent* inflation annually. They're pretty much back to looting and barter for property transfer now.

*EDIT: That is the number I remember reading; it isn't intended to be exaggerated for emphasis.

Mugabe sure has done wonders for his people. :(

Yeah' date=' all of Africa is going to do a little jig of grief when he finally gets what's been due to him all these years.[/quote']

I am not so sure. There seem to be a lot of people who still idolize him for his "Anti-Imperialist" actions. For instance too many in the ANC.

I am not so sure. There seem to be a lot of people who still idolize him for his "Anti-Imperialist" actions. For instance too many in the ANC.

I think that says less about any great love for Mugabe, and more about the underlying hatred for colonialism. There are some really good reasons Africa's a mess.

Well, there's the infamous postwar Hungarian Pengo hyperinflation ..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42423[/ATTACH]

I think that's a hundred million billion pengo note, but I don't know if if the billion is a British billion or a US billion. The US billion is a thousand million; the British billion is a million million so it's bigger by a factor of a thousand.

At some point you go for logarithmic money, where the number on the bill is the number of zeros in the number it's supposed be worth. So if you were to buy something worth 10,000,000 currency units, you would hand the seller an "8" note and you'd get your item plus nine "7" notes in change.

Well, there's the infamous postwar Hungarian Pengo hyperinflation ..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42423[/ATTACH]

I think that's a hundred million billion pengo note, but I don't know if if the billion is a British billion or a US billion. The US billion is a thousand million; the British billion is a million million so it's bigger by a factor of a thousand.

At some point you go for logarithmic money, where the number on the bill is the number of zeros in the number it's supposed be worth. So if you were to buy something worth 10,000,000 currency units, you would hand the seller an "8" note and you'd get your item plus nine "7" notes in change.

Brings new meaning to "You got change for a 20?"