The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

I got home from work today feeling terrible. It was one of those days where nothing you try turns out right. I had accomplished so little except for discovering things that won't do what I need to be done.

I walked in the door and my youngest (2.5) was standing at the top of the stairs, grinning. I climbed the stairs and he threw his little arms around me. "Daddy, I love you and am so glad to see you!"

I felt so much better.

I love and appreciate my Husband. He does not necessarily love to spend time with his Sisters or Nephew, although the Nieces are OK, yet he has been running around like a chicken without a head, driving three hours up and back to upstate NJ Friday, showing up for an extended brunch here at his Mom's today and then taking his Sister and Niece and I to a Korean place for dinner. It's not over yet. He has to drive upstate again at 6:00 am tomorrow after having no time to himself today to spend the whole day in New York with our Nephew, who isn't exactly Mr. Congeniality.

Yet he does it all cheerfully, with zero complaints.

Going to bed early tonight, he asked to please hold me. Then he asked if I would please pet him to sleep.

My love and appreciation for my wonderful Husband know no bounds.

90 days after taking the exam--which took me 4.5 hypothermic hours to finish--I finally got my CISSP certification. Sheesh. Number 00027187' date=' if anyone cares.[/quote']

I don't. Well, not now that I know that I can't use it to cash a bum check on your name, anyway.

Other than that, 'grats.

90 days after taking the exam--which took me 4.5 hypothermic hours to finish--I finally got my CISSP certification. Sheesh. Number 00027187' date=' if anyone cares.[/quote'] Nope. But congrats anyway. :)

:thumbup:

Well, it would appear that my succinct delineation of exactly how (not) far I would allow them to strongarm me into a shift I wouldn't actually be able to work has had the desired effect. Jury still out, so this is a rather reserved happy.

Proud daddy is proud: Baby Vengeance made her first jailbreak this weekend!

Late Friday night/Saturday morning, she was fussy around 2:00am, so I held her and rocked her until she seemed about to fall back asleep, and I put her in her cradle. On some bizarre hunch, I closed and locked the gate I had installed at the top of the stairs, then I went back to bed.

Around 7:00am on Saturday morning, BunnySue and I were awakened the by sound of a baby in our room. BunnySue sat up bolt upright and said, "Oh my god!"

I sat up a little bit more slowly and saw that somehow, Baby V had gotten out of her cradle and crawled all the way to our room! Daddy was very proud of his little girl for completing her first successful prison break! :celebrate