The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

• 1 month later...

Went up to Reading on Friday to beat the rail replacement work and football fans travelling up to London on Saturday. Played the board game Horrified three times, first time on Friday gave a win against two monsters. Saturday and the whole gang are playing. Horrified resulted in two consecutive defeats against three monsters. We played Villainous and Jafar was victorious. But it went well enough that the expansion sets are now an option and the Marvel version is a go. I won Judge Dredd and it went well. One of the crds gives you one of the crooks for free. It was used four times. Other players got 1 pt and 2 pts. I got 18 the two times I had it. also got to play Apples to Apples for the first time since 2020. Managed to egt back to the station and have a burger at Wendys which is now open in Reading before getting the train home.

Got the new pressure washer working today. I almost had to post in the Cranky Thread instead because it wasn't working right yesterday. Today I plugged it in and boom! My hand is still numb from the vibrations.  

Not trying to strip the wood, just prep it for painting. It's all about to be hidden by a shed anyway, but we'll know. 

1406489942_Fence-Before.jpg.e2dcefce9686e16f2b7fe9939a90db71.jpg

1106996078_Fence-After.jpg.cab6f21ec80c88c2c7b4e4a8f2945379.jpg

7 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

The new shed is here! And we didn't have to wait without power for hours as predicted. That makes me happy. 

I'm not going to look at the news for a while, let it last.

1202171654_NewShed1.jpg.852e7c586330517d57d50c2065136da6.jpg150116277_NewShed2.jpg.f14d4b8d31bb016d8f2de5bd9599cb69.jpg

I’m happy for you.  It looks like you finally got your shed together.😇

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A pair of mourning doves has built a nest on the top of the outside light of the neighboring townhome, and now appear to be incubating an egg. The townhome has been empty since the last owner moved out after her health failed (she was 93), and the reverse-mortgage company hasn't seemed to do anything other than play with the locks and put up trespassing warnings in the windows. I'm hoping that they keep up their neglect for a little while longer. It's almost impossible to get a good picture with my cell phone, so it might be time to bring out my old Canon with a telephoto lens.

• 4 weeks later...