Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

This strip just keeps getting better -- it is so AD&D crunchy and yet has such a great plot going as well! Excuse me while I gush -- THIS STUFF IS JUST SO FREAKING AWESOME!

Matt "I'm-over-it-now-but-OotS-RAWKS!" Frisbee

Has more D&D 3.5 than AD&D crunchiness to it...

Do you know what I love about the last set of strips - no Belker.

I stopped reading the strip because I hated that character so much - if he was on screen I knew it would be just stupid.

Once Roy is raised and we are back to the group, I'll likely stop reading again. Belker annoys me that much.

I'm almost insulted...

Do you know what I love about the last set of strips - no Belker.

I stopped reading the strip because I hated that character so much - if he was on screen I knew it would be just stupid.

Once Roy is raised and we are back to the group, I'll likely stop reading again. Belker annoys me that much.

Whaaaaat? How could anyone not love a small, fuzzy, homicidal psychopath who lives to chop off peoples' heads? :confused:

Re: I'm almost insulted...

Whaaaaat? How could anyone not love a small' date=' fuzzy, homicidal psychopath who lives to chop off peoples' heads? :confused:[/quote']

Maybe because he is a homicdal psychopath. I like to like the people in comics, books or whatver I read. If I was running a D&D game and had a Belker PC, I'd kill him off and warn the player not to do anything like it again.

Maybe because he is a homicdal psychopath. I like to like the people in comics' date=' books or whatver I read. If I was running a D&D game and had a Belker PC, I'd kill him off and warn the player not to do anything like it again.[/quote']

If he were a PC in my game, yeah, but in a third person, I admit,he strikes my dark humor buttons. Different strokes I guess.

Maybe because he is a homicdal psychopath. I like to like the people in comics' date=' books or whatver I read. If I was running a D&D game and had a Belker PC, I'd kill him off and warn the player not to do anything like it again.[/quote']

But the strip is satire and that's Belkar's entire point, to make fun of the people who 'have' to play evil PCs. Its a light hearted look at a selfish psychopath. :)

Maybe it's just that I'm a cold' date=' emotionless bastard, or maybe it's because I've never lost anyone close to me, but I don't find that strip particularly moving.[/quote']

It was an interesting background point, I wonder if he will explain what happened to Roy's brother, but like you it did not move me.

I can see Lord Mhoram's point concerning Belkar. I hated a certain person a lot while I was in the Army. This certain person loved Led Zepplin and played it (and sang along with it badly) constantly. When I got out of the Army and got back home to my collection of vinyl, I poured lighter fluid over all of my Led Zepplin albums and mentally burned the guy in effigy as the flames claimed what had been some of my favorites. It was about five years before I could stand listening to Page and company again, even on the radio.

These days, I'm over it, but back then it wasn't open for discussion.

Matt "Working-through-the-old-issues" Frisbee

I can see Lord Mhoram's point concerning Belkar. I hated a certain person a lot while I was in the Army. This certain person loved Led Zepplin and played it (and sang along with it badly) constantly. When I got out of the Army and got back home to my collection of vinyl, I poured lighter fluid over all of my Led Zepplin albums and mentally burned the guy in effigy as the flames claimed what had been some of my favorites. It was about five years before I could stand listening to Page and company again, even on the radio.

These days, I'm over it, but back then it wasn't open for discussion.

Matt "Working-through-the-old-issues" Frisbee

In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man

Now I've reached that age, I try to do all those things

The best I can

No matter how I try, I find my way into that same old jam

Good Times, Bad Times

You know I've had my share

Well my woman left home with a brown-eyed man

And I still don't seem to care...