Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

Matt "THAT'S-IT!-We're-playing-Bunnies-and-Burrows-from-now-on!-You're-playing-a-bunch-of-freaking-RABBITS!" Frisbee

That doesn't necessarily solve the problem:

Igor: Okay, you may notice that this character is a bit more powerful than most. But by deftly taking a series of minor quirks, disadvantages and hindrances, I was able to raise my point total by five hundred percent.

Which allowed me to create Deathgrippe, the cybrog-assassin, with infra-red vision, lightning-fast reflexes and a massive tech level 15 plasma rifle!!

He's also got personal body armor, super strong synth skin and laser-like marksmanship, as well as concussion bombs, hyper nunchaku, the "Killer Grip" skill and Wang-Chung evil eye!

This character may seem a bit extreme and may be a bit superhuman, but it is going by the rules, if you know how to tweak them, caress them and play them juuuuuust right!

Matt: Considering we're playing "Bunnies and Burrows," I'm impressed. . .

Igor: Oopsie! I forgot to draw in the rabbit ears. And the thermonuclear grenade launcher.

(From Dork Tower #5)

I'm betting that it is the two soldiers as well. If it were the Thief and the Bard I think they would have raised Roy to attend the wedding. I find it kind of odd that the ships are still at sea after such a long time. Hasn't Roy been dead for months? I thought they were hugging the coast, not trying to cross a vast ocean.

I'm betting that it is the two soldiers as well. If it were the Thief and the Bard I think they would have raised Roy to attend the wedding. I find it kind of odd that the ships are still at sea after such a long time. Hasn't Roy been dead for months?

The reason Roy's been dead for months is that Haley's in the city with his corpse and Durkon and Elan are on the ship looking for a new base.

JG

As something that was pointed out to me' date=' will Raise Dead still work on Roy after all this time? Or is it now up to only True Resurrection at this point?[/quote']

Looking at my Player's Handbook... You're right. Raise Dead only works 1 day/caster level since the time of death. The 7th level Resurrection spell can raise someone dead 10 years/caster level, as long as you have at least part of the corpse. So Haley could just keep Roy's head or something (ewww!) and they could still raise him, as long as Durkon is at least a 13th level cleric. If our stalward dwarf isn't powerful enough to cast Resurrect... well, I guess Roy is SOL.

Some thoughts:

i) For the happy couple: Hinjo + Lien= an heir for the House of Kim, and 'bout time! Heck, they've been shipping for months!

ii) Roy's resurrection hasn't happened because Hayley, the corpse and Durkon are still trapped under Cloister.

iii) But... Eugene has everything under control. Uncle Myrtok is lined up to Resurrect Roy, which is why Eugene caved so readily in 500. This is, of course, arrant speculation, but notice that Uncle Myrtok was introduced for the first time in online continuity back in 497, making him available.

iv) We are given a picture of Eugene in the books which is quite at variance of our Roy-mediated picture in the online strip. Some details of his biography either need to come out or be finessed.

Thor: It's not my fault! She never told Me She was a fertility Goddess!

Loki: She has flowers in Her hair and bluebirds singing around Her head. Who did you think She was, the bringer of pestilence?

Lucius Alexander

Who do you think I am, a Palindromedary?