Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

Ehhhh... maybe. But he still won't be the counterpoint to the heroes he has been in the past with his witty banter/sarcasm.

True.

But half the interest for me comes from figuring how what character Rich might replace Belkar with in the Order, if any.

A new one is up.

More proof that Celia is the most naive sentient in that world.

So Roy might end up being undead...

But I think it might be that this guy buying bodies is an experimenting necromancer. We could end up with a Belkar that breathes no more but is still able to carry on with the party. An undead Belkar who looks and acts normal. Just speculating.

Gah. :nonp: Agreed.

We could end up with a Belkar that breathes no more but is still able to carry on with the party. An undead Belkar who looks and acts normal. Just speculating.

That was what I guessed! :D

As to this part' date=' I sure HOPE Not. Gah[/quote']

Well...

Even if his *body* was made into an undead, his spirit wouldn't be affected. It might make for some funny witty banter between one's disembodied spirit and one's now undead corpse.

It'd be sad irony if he

became a lich. Oh' date=' how would xyclon react to that?

[/quote']

No telling. It could range from:

calling him brother

to

shooting him with that Meteor spell again to get rid of the competition

Archliches are "good" though, right? (did they keep them around in 3.0/3.5?)

The husband noted that once a body is turned into undead, it CAN'T be resurrected anymore, like when Roy's dad wanted to raise his mentor in "Start of Darkness"

A new one is up.

So Roy might end up being undead...

But I think it might be that this guy buying bodies is an experimenting necromancer. We could end up with a Belkar that breathes no more but is still able to carry on with the party. An undead Belkar who looks and acts normal. Just speculating.

Well who better to fight an undead lich than another powerful undead. Though that assumes he will rise as more than a mindless servant zombie... It'll be interesting!

I'm going to assume that golums are not the 'powerful undead' I was hoping for in my previous post... *pouts*

Sometimes I can't fathom the direction this strip is going, but then I have faith that Rich would not leave us rudder-less and this will all play out beautifully in the end.

My D&D knowledge is very rusty. So I got a couple of spoiler laden questions.

1. Stone golems, clays golems, etc. are certainly not undead, are bone golems a form of undead?

2. Whether the answer to #1 is yes or no, can a person still be raised or resurrected if they have been used to make a bone golem?

1. Stone golems, clays golems, etc. are certainly not undead, are bone golems a form of undead?

2. If so can a person still be raised or resurrected if they have been used to make a bone golem?

1. no, they're constructs

2. I don't see why not

2. Whether the answer to #1 is yes or no, can a person still be raised or resurrected if they have been used to make a bone golem?

1. No more so than Flesh Golems (also constructs). Now *that* would have been funny, seeing Roy as Boltneck. :winkgrin:

Roy: Rarrgh! Greenhilt Good! Xykon Bad!