Playtesting Champions With Cats

Koshka

A friend of mine came up with this list for my birthday card, I thought the other cat people on the boards would enjoy it as well.

1) Prepare adventure.

2) Arrive at house of friends who own cats.

3) Strategically place self in front of front door so cats do not seize opportunity to escape.

4) Enter house.

5) Proceed to game table, which is covered with various and sundry items.

6) Remove various and sundry items from game table.

7) Remove cats from table.

8) Find battle mat and unroll onto table.

9) Remove cats from battle mat.

10) Draw map on battle mat, running pen over toes and tails of cats.

11) Address cats by name, pick up, swat, and remove to another room.

12) Return to game table to find cats on top of it once again.

13) Admit players, instructing them to block the doorway to prevent the cats from leaving.

14) Set out figurines for players' characters.

15) Remove cats from table again while chiding them for chewing on figurines.

16) Set out dice, dropping several on floor for cats to bat around with their forepaws.

17) Retrieve spilled dice from floor and lock cats in bathroom.

18) Narrate the opening of the adventure to players over caterwauling from bathroom.

19) Release cats from bathroom.

20) Resume narrating adventure, keeping delivery as boring as possible to keep players' bodies near the backs of their seats so that cats cannot wedge in behind them. (Cats will instead walk across players' laps and jump off their backs onto adjacent curio cabinets.)

21) Ask players what their next moves are. (Before players can make their moves, cats will jump on table again.)

22) Move to combat earlier than planned by bringing out Doctor Destroyer to put players into GM's option so they can deal with cats.

23) Get cup of tea.

24) Sit back in chair with cup of tea.

25) Cuddle cats.

Re: Playtesting Champions With Cats

A friend of mine came up with this list for my birthday card, I thought the other cat people on the boards would enjoy it as well.

1) Prepare adventure.

2) Arrive at house of friends who own cats.

3) Strategically place self in front of front door so cats do not seize opportunity to escape.

4) Enter house.

5) Proceed to game table, which is covered with various and sundry items.

6) Remove various and sundry items from game table.

7) Remove cats from table.

8) Find battle mat and unroll onto table.

9) Remove cats from battle mat.

10) Draw map on battle mat, running pen over toes and tails of cats.

11) Address cats by name, pick up, swat, and remove to another room.

12) Return to game table to find cats on top of it once again.

13) Admit players, instructing them to block the doorway to prevent the cats from leaving.

14) Set out figurines for players' characters.

15) Remove cats from table again while chiding them for chewing on figurines.

16) Set out dice, dropping several on floor for cats to bat around with their forepaws.

17) Retrieve spilled dice from floor and lock cats in bathroom.

18) Narrate the opening of the adventure to players over caterwauling from bathroom.

19) Release cats from bathroom.

20) Resume narrating adventure, keeping delivery as boring as possible to keep players' bodies near the backs of their seats so that cats cannot wedge in behind them. (Cats will instead walk across players' laps and jump off their backs onto adjacent curio cabinets.)

21) Ask players what their next moves are. (Before players can make their moves, cats will jump on table again.)

22) Move to combat earlier than planned by bringing out Doctor Destroyer to put players into GM's option so they can deal with cats.

23) Get cup of tea.

24) Sit back in chair with cup of tea.

25) Cuddle cats.

I know the feeling. I play at friends house that has three cat's, and one dog. It can be as bad as written above or much better. REPPED!!!!!

Feed him cats

So is it one of those things where you hold out the juicy kitty, saying "Here Lizard, here Lizard, nice crunchy" while holding it out so he HAS to get off the table to get the crunchy kitty goodness...?

It is easy to get them from jumping on table. Make them so fat, they cant jump.:D

Seriously, my late cat used to like waiting till I was reading something, and then plop on top of it. I would remove him and put him on floor. If he really wanted the attention (almost always), he would look at me like I was stupid and proceed to do same as before. Usually I was sitting in the old recliner, so I would pull him off to my side and pet him while reading. (Made turning the pages difficult but compromises had to be made :rolleyes: )

:rofl: We game often at our place, and have two cats.

One of those two is afraid of strange people (and gamers are all strange as hell :rolleyes:) so he hides under the bed for the duration.

The second tends to come down about 11PM and ***** at us that it's bedtime, or failing that, time to bribe cats with food, after which he retires for the evening.

We've never had a probem with cats on the gaming table.

Thanks, Koshka, I have two of the little furry troublemakers in my house, and that was 100% true! :lol:

As for sticky tape: we tried it to keep the cat from scratching up our La-Z-Boy chair, and she decided the sticky tape was REALLY COOL and an AWESOME TOY and to play with it she just HAD TO SCRATCH THE CHAIR EVEN MORE!!!

Sigh. :rolleyes: