Good-by Speedster

Asperion

Re: Good-by Speedster

Off the top of my head...

A Brick with this:

Reflexive Clothesline: HA +8d6, Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action to reset; When a foe moves through a hex in your HTH range; +3/4) (70 Active Points); Only to deal up to STR+v/5 dice of damage (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4)

I'd recommend adding Area Effect: One Hex Accurate to that; otherwise, you're still stuck at trying to hit their obnoxious DCVs. :)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the top of my head...

A Brick with this:

Reflexive Clothesline: HA +8d6, Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action to reset; When a foe moves through a hex in your HTH range; +3/4) (70 Active Points); Only to deal up to STR+v/5 dice of damage (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4)

I think I broke his freakin' neck!

Teleport' date=' as an attack, based on ECV[/quote']

Teleporting a character that is using a mode of movement that has no turn mode is not very effective. On their next Phase, they just turn around and continue on their merry way. Even if done *during* their move (if that is even possible), they can still turn around. The only exception is if they are in the middle of a Move-Through or Move-By.

AID!

Extra speed to Speedster... With Turn Mode!

Supercharged to Mach V... Right into a wall... and another... and another... and another... You get the idea.

You can't induce a Limitation (Turn Mode) on another character's power without using Tranformation Attack.

What you seem to be describing is a movement power bought with Useable As Attack.

Teleporting a character that is using a mode of movement that has no turn mode is not very effective. On their next Phase' date=' they just turn around and continue on their merry way. Even if done *during* their move (if that is even possible), they can still turn around. The only exception is if they are in the middle of a Move-Through or Move-By.[/quote']

Barring the characters with Flight or Gliding, you could Teleport them up...

(snipped bit aobut turn modes)

Barring the characters with Flight or Gliding' date=' you could Teleport them [i']up[/i]...

or into a river, a closed car, a closet, a fire, depending on the speedster's speed and phase they could be put in front of a rapidly moving object like a train......... up was always my favorite though

Well, the simple thing to do is to wait for them to stop running, then snipe 'em. Say 2d6 RKA, Penetrating, No range Mods. That's if you're in a Dark Champions mood, mind :-)

Has anyone tried a CON Drain? Can't run if you can't use END. I like defining it as sucking the air out of their lungs.

And don't discount the Speedkilling Martial artist; a few levels of Aid to Dex can even things up quickly. Plus a Held Action and a few levels with Martial Throw and you get, to quote Mark Shaw, a 'Flash Frisbee.' And I notice that there is a 'Trip' manever under Ranged Martial Arts....

Stairs and stairwells. That's gotta be worth a Dex check or three.

Teleport Gates have been suggested; add on an appropriate Image, exiting where you please.

And there's always a nice big Area Effect Transform: City to Maze trick.

Just some thoughts.

Teleporting a character that is using a mode of movement that has no turn mode is not very effective. On their next Phase' date=' they just turn around and continue on their merry way. Even if done *during* their move (if that is even possible), they can still turn around. The only exception is if they are in the middle of a Move-Through or Move-By.[/quote']

That's up to the GM, though you are assuming a form with no turn mode.

Runners, teleport them up. Flyers, teleport them in front of a wall.

Problems solved. :D

Though as I said, up to the GM if it'd work. I don't care if you've got a turn mode or not, if you're teleported 2 (real, not game) inches in front of a brick wall, you're not gonna turn in time at Speedster speeds.

A thought brought up in the Day of 1001 Heroes thread (here) by Egyptoid bears mentioning.

AoE Speed Suppress. Could use a drain or other ability on 'em if you preferred, but if you can drop that Spd 6-8 down a peg or three until the team's faster than they are, the running isn't that useful.

It'd probably be easier to do a Transform on the target; like slapping non-scalable Megascale on his running. He either goes normal speed, or he's in Tahiti, with several million dollars' worth of property damage in his wake.

Say...Major Transform, 3 to 5 d6 (Normal Running to Megascale (GM's choice on level) Running, target must have running higher than base level (6", IIRC) Or SFX: Speed Zone/Force/Drive/whatever on Powers).

Just a thought, and it's probably fairly shaky, from a rules perspective.

That's up to the GM, though you are assuming a form with no turn mode.

Runners, teleport them up. Flyers, teleport them in front of a wall.

Problems solved. :D

Though as I said, up to the GM if it'd work. I don't care if you've got a turn mode or not, if you're teleported 2 (real, not game) inches in front of a brick wall, you're not gonna turn in time at Speedster speeds.

I think that anything more than "he winds up in *that* hex over there" is both getting more than what was paid for, and is unfairly effective. Otherwise, why not say you 'port the speedster in front of a wall -- one nanometer from it.

Y'know, I don't think there are many tunneling speedsters. Do that whole "buried alive" trick with Tunneling + UAA on them. Do a mulitple-power attack with a Drain Desolidification + Zero END, Persistent, Uncontrolled to it for good measure. :eg: