Name Help: Super Patriot

wrestlinggeek

I have an NPC for an online game I need help with. He's a WWII super-soldier type. He's been adventuring for the last 60-plus years and is now leader of the world's most respected super-team, the Heroes league. I need a name for a character of this type that hasn't been done to death. So no Major Victory, no Patriot, no General Glory. Need something original, but still with the same "feel" to it. Oh, and as far as powers and abilities, he's basicly Captain America with Batman's gadget pool. Thanks in advance for all help.

Re: Name Help: Super Patriot

Depending on the character's military service career, it might be something like a traditional WWII fighting unit...

Devil Dog (actually coined during WWI)

Flying Tiger

Leatherneck

The Marauder (yeah, I know its a Marvel supervillain, but come on...Merrill's Marauders?)

You could also name him after the "operation" code name that his first significant mission carried (i.e. "Desert Storm", etc)

Here's some others...

The Partisan

The Liberator

The Brigadier

Some I got from www.specencyclopaedia.com...

us-flag.gif Shadow Stalkers. Nickname for the USMS Special Operations Group. It comes from the fact that the unit hunts dangerous fugitives (a.k.a. shadows), as well as waits in the shadows of federal courthouses during high-profile cases to thwart terrorist attacks.

us-flag.gifAlamo Scouts. Reconnaissance unit for the U.S. Sixth Army in the Pacific Theater of Operations during World War II.

Thanks for what we have so far, but none of these are quite right. This guy is the Captain America of my universe, and he needs a name that conjures up that same kind of reaction. Something simple, yet majestic. Right now, I'm leaning toward Super-Soldier or the Commander. What do y'all think? Any other suggestions?

Name Help: Super Patriot

Unknown Soldier.

In order to protect his family, his identity was completely hidden. Even his surviving brother and neice and nephews don't know what really happenned to the older brother who was supposedly "Killed in Action" in WWII. As a man who gave up his name and a normal life to be the super-soldier his country needed, he stands as a symbol of all the anonymous GIs who ever put America's cause before themselves and their own concerns.

Lucius Alexander

Captain Palindromedary!

Thanks for what we have so far' date=' but none of these are quite right. This guy is the Captain America of my universe, and he needs a name that conjures up that same kind of reaction. Something simple, yet majestic. Right now, I'm leaning toward Super-Soldier or the Commander. What do y'all think? Any other suggestions?[/quote']

Simple yet majestic? Well, these aren't completely original in that they've been used by a character or two over the years, but then, what hasn't? :rolleyes:

Vanguard

Icon

Victor

Rampart

Unknown Soldier.

In order to protect his family, his identity was completely hidden. Even his surviving brother and neice and nephews don't know what really happenned to the older brother who was supposedly "Killed in Action" in WWII. As a man who gave up his name and a normal life to be the super-soldier his country needed, he stands as a symbol of all the anonymous GIs who ever put America's cause before themselves and their own concerns.

Lucius Alexander

Captain Palindromedary!

Yah beat me to it...one more vote for the unknown soldier......either that or Citizen soldier...

Only thing I can think of that is that simple and on-point would be Constitution.

"I bet they call you Colonel Constitution because your real name's Bill Wright."

-Revenant, in Michael Stackpole's story Peer Review (I think).

Sorry, couldn't resist :-)

Anyway, Statesman (Taken, I know, but still), Senator Soldier, Working Man, The Flag!, Ballot (And his sidekick Hanging Chad...), Frontiersman.

But 'Fruited Plain' won't work. Trust me on that one ;)