Make Your Own Motivational Poster

Susano

Re: Make Your Own Motivational Poster

Yup. http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0011179/

But I'm still not getting the whole "Team Jareth" bit. Is this some new meme that is going on?

Apparently Twilight fans must take sides on who is hunkier, Edward or Jacob, and thus say they are part of Team Edward or Team Jacob. As the t-shirt says for sale on the web, I'm with 'Team Guy Who Almost Ran Over Bella With A Car'.

Team Bolo. Because nothing says "Dead vampires" like a multi-ten kiloton tank that fires fusing nuclear plasma.

Granted, it says lots of dead things, but that's pure, concentrated sunshine. Lots of happy sunshine makes lots of good vampires.

I second this post -- even though I have no idea what you're talking about. :winkgrin:

I second this post -- even though I have no idea what you're talking about. :winkgrin:

Picture the highest ideals of a soldier. Turn it into an intelligent, self-aware tank that takes up multiple football fields and fires star-stuff. It never gives up, never surrenders and knows no dishonour. Make it able to control an entire planetary war better than almost any Human general. And the only way to stop it is to kill it completely.

They make terminators look yielding - And they're on our side.

As for why Humanity would need tanks like that? Well, you'll have to read the books for that. :D

Picture the highest ideals of a soldier. Turn it into an intelligent, self-aware tank that takes up multiple football fields and fires star-stuff. It never gives up, never surrenders and knows no dishonour. Make it able to control an entire planetary war better than almost any Human general. And the only way to stop it is to kill it completely.

They make terminators look yielding - And they're on our side.

As for why Humanity would need tanks like that? Well, you'll have to read the books for that. :D

It almost sounds like you're describing an Ogre. ;)

I was going to say "rip-off"' date=' but yours is more polite. :D[/quote']

Ogre was created in the wild and wooly days of early gaming. There was a great deal of "inspired" work. Few remember that memorizing spells and 9 levels of magic appeared in Jack Vance's "Dying Earth" long before D&D and Law and Chaos as "alignments" was likely lifted from Michael Moorcock, and that the D&D Paladin was essentially Holger Karlsen in "Three Hearts and Three Lions", and then there is all the Tolkien liberally sprinkled throughout.

Most of early gaming was to simulate something we'd read or seen.

Ogre was created in the wild and wooly days of early gaming. There was a great deal of "inspired" work. Few remember that memorizing spells and 9 levels of magic appeared in Jack Vance's "Dying Earth" long before D&D and Law and Chaos as "alignments" was likely lifted from Michael Moorcock, and that the D&D Paladin was essentially Holger Karlsen in "Three Hearts and Three Lions", and then there is all the Tolkien liberally sprinkled throughout.

Aware of that. Was being humourous. :)

(Poor artists steal; great artists research! :D )

Literary Sources of D&D

http://www.hahnlibrary.net/rpgs/sources.html

Aware of that. Was being humourous. :)

(Poor artists steal; great artists research! :D )

Steal from one person, and its' called plagiarism. Steal from many people, and it's called research!