Make Your Own Motivational Poster

Susano

Re: Make Your Own Motivational Poster

Ragnar Lodbrok Day. Not really an Atheist holiday' date=' but one that everyone should celebrate -- because sacking Paris is cool. :cool:[/quote']

As he was thrown into the snake pit, Ragnar was said to have uttered his famous death song: "It gladdens me to know that Baldr’s father [Odin] makes ready the benches for a banquet. Soon we shall be drinking ale from the curved horns. The champion who comes into Odin’s dwelling [Valhalla] does not lament his death. I shall not enter his hall with words of fear upon my lips. The Æsir will welcome me. Death comes without lamenting... Eager am I to depart. The Dísir summon me home, those whom Odin sends for me [Valkyries] from the halls of the Lord of Hosts. Gladly shall I drink ale in the high-seat with the Æsir. The days of my life are ended. I laugh as I die."

I'm surprised a Teutonic Metal band hasn't covered this yet.

JG

Re: Make Your Own Motivational Poster

You do that and the Canadians and British will make the burning of the White House a holiday worldwide.

Now, now. There is a big difference between the War of 1812 and sacking a city just for fun. The first one was serious business. The second was comedy gold. Seriously, he ransomed a city.