Make Your Own Motivational Poster

Susano

Re: Make Your Own Motivational Poster

I didn't make this, but I thought it amusing enough to share:

socialized-healthcare_small.jpg

The sad part is put the workers in white and make some of the people waiting injured and that would look like a lot of ERs...except less crowded.

Okay, how do I make it BIG?

[ATTACH]31819[/ATTACH]

edit: Okay, and if I post a picture I can never remove it?!?

Might as well put up all the candidates I considered then.

[ATTACH]31820[/ATTACH]

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says there's more where that came from.

Okay' date=' how do I make it BIG?[/quote']

Try rubbing it. ::ducks thrown objects::

[ATTACH]31819[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31820[/ATTACH]

I think these posters miss a couple of points. Veterans are not forced to accept care from VA hospitals. And Veterans can still choose to go to a regular hospital/clinic/doctor.

I think these posters miss a couple of points. Veterans are not forced to accept care from VA hospitals. And Veterans can still choose to go to a regular hospital/clinic/doctor.

Plus you have to ignore that series of stories on Walter Reed a couple of years ago. Wasn't the meme then that the VA hospitals were failing our veterans and providing inadequate care in filthy, third-world conditions?

Plus you have to ignore that series of stories on Walter Reed a couple of years ago. Wasn't the meme then that the VA hospitals were failing our veterans and providing inadequate care in filthy' date=' third-world conditions?[/quote']

Yet another good point about Government Controlled Healthcare.

Walter Reed isn't a VA hospital. It's run by the Army. The people being cared for were active duty military.

And the pictures of the DMV reminded me of waiting with my mother at the HMO office to get permission to get the surgery to find out if she actually had cancer.

Plus you have to ignore that series of stories on Walter Reed a couple of years ago. Wasn't the meme then that the VA hospitals were failing our veterans and providing inadequate care in filthy' date=' third-world conditions?[/quote']

What got ignored most is the fact that Walter Reed is NOT and never was a VA facility. It's an Army hospital. While there is no excuse for the situation there were reasons for it – it was part and parcel with issues like soldiers lacking body armor and equipment otherwise being inadequate. The military was not really prepared for the war we were thrust into. Another factor in the crowded and overstressed medical facilities including Walter Reed was actually IMPROVED medical care on and near the battlefield, meaning the ratio of casualties needing medical, rather than mortuary, services was higher than it's ever been and much higher than expected.

As for “memes” it's true that you'll find lots of veterans complain about their care – it's just as traditional as soldiers complaining about the food. I'm also not going to say that all the complaining is unjustified, nor that it's not necessary to keep complaining in order to agitate for improvement and address new problems as they crop up; but it seem to be in the nature of things that complainers talk loudest and longest but for every veteran you hear complaining, you'll find one like me who will tell you that VA health care is far and away the greatest benefit to having served this country, besides perhaps the privilege of service itself.

By all means, duck. You have incoming pointed remarks. And questions.

I think these posters miss a couple of points.

Oh, I got the point. The point being made is, Government = DMV.

I think it's the question “Do you really trust the DMV to save your life?” that massively misses the point, because the answer is yes – you do, Pariah (who posted the original poster) does, everybody in the USA does without even thinking about it. (so, of course, does everyone else on the Hero boards but to make things simple I'm just talking about us Americans now.)

You trust the Department of Defense to protect you from foreign threats. You trust them plus the CIA and the FBI and others to protect you from terrorism. You trust the FBI plus state and local law enforcement to protect you from all kinds of crime, including the life threatening kinds. If you live in a city, you probably trust the local fire department to preserve your life and home from fire. You trust the National Weather Service to warn you about dangerous weather, and you trust the CDC and the Board of Health to safeguard your health from various threats. Trust the “DMV” to save your life? If by “DMV” we mean any government agency then saving your life is ALREADY in the “DMV's” job description! In fact, the actual DMV saves your life in a number of ways most obviously by trying to keep unsafe drivers off the road. You might wish any or all of these agencies did some things better, but I doubt many of us would wish to do away with any of them.

How about this question: Do you trust “the DMV” with nuclear weapons? Not everyone does, but the odds are you do. In any case, they have them.

But I like this question even better: Do you trust GM to save your life?

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73096

If the choice is between GM and DMV, I still think I'll go with DMV.

Well' date=' I think this is the wrong thread to start a discussion of this.[/quote']

Lemming has a point. I'm perfectly willing to drop it here. If anyone wants to argue that they do in fact trust GM to save their lives more than the DMV, I suggest we either

1. Start another thread, or take the discussion to another thread, or

2. Continue the debate the way it began, with posters. I admit I'd prefer not to, as I find that more difficult. As you can see, I couldn't even settle on the right images to use.

In any case, as I said, I'm willing to drop the subject. I hope I made my points by now.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary remarks that if I haven't, maybe Shadow Hawk has done so much more concisely while I was fiddling around composing this exercise in verbosity.

I just made a slew of posters I can't possibly post, and then I realized, wait, I CAN get away with this one (I think)

attachment.php?attachmentid=31823&d=1245010561

[ATTACH]31823[/ATTACH]

I forget her name, but I believe she's one of Rebecared's colleagues.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders why I didn't just use Rebeca...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This one's going up in my classroom:

SevSnape.jpg

Bottle "Fame": Potion of Heroism

Brew "Glory": Potion of Super-Heroism

Stopper in "Death": Potion of Longevity.

Snape's students should be reading more of the old editions of DMG :P

One of the most underrated characters in the series, I think:

attachment.php?attachmentid=32007&stc=1&d=1247144850

I totally agree. I loved her in the books and the person playing her has her spot on. Of all the characters hers was the one I wanted to find out what happened to.