What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

I watched Life After People on DVD. Just to confirm: No artifacts of a technological civilization would be recognizable after 10,000 years' worth of decay so long as they did not construct large stone monuments (the Pyramids, Mount rushmore, etc.) If they did construct large stome monuments at or near ice-age sea levels, they would be so covered in sealife/debris/whatever that they would be unrecognizeable, so long as they started out as no less than 130m (a little less than 450 feet).

Finished Kolchack Dvds. I prefer the scrabbling, lying cheating impoverished Darren Macgavin to the house on the hill, brand new mustang, intense Stuart Townsend.

The first set comes across as mysteries with a unnatural angle in them. Kolchack acts as a detective.

The second set has the sidekicks be the detectives. Where is Kolchack?

CES

'Kick-Ass'. Haven't read the comic, and have no plans to do so.

Enjoyed the movie, lots of fun. Was violent and "somewhat" gory, but I have definitely seen much higher levels of both in other non-R movies ('Hot Fuzz' comes immediately to mind).

Big Daddy and Hit Girl are basically characters for a street-level campaign - as built by a Munchkin-y Combat Monster.

Nick Cage looked like he had lots of fun with his role.

Favourite line (towards the end): "Everything is under control...". Hm, guess you have to be there.

Buffy Season 3; most of it at least. I hate Xander. I hate Faith. I like Cordelia and am annoyed at her diminished role this season. Willow is still cute beyond measure. At least Buffy is less emo. I miss Spike.

Is that the season where Cordy stakes & dusts a female cowboyish vamp in the school library while her hubby looks on?

That is one of my favourite Buffy scenes. Wish Cordy continued like that but then they went back to powerless Cordy.

Is that the season where Cordy stakes & dusts a female cowboyish vamp in the school library while her hubby looks on?

That is one of my favourite Buffy scenes. Wish Cordy continued like that but then they went back to powerless Cordy.

Yes - a brief glimpse of Cordy as an actual person she is instead of the person she thinks she is (or wants to be). It's made obvious throughout all three seasons she's highly intelligent, and very perceptive (though with a selective sight on the weird), as well as tough. Ah well, Angel starts up after this... So there's hope.

Yes - a brief glimpse of Cordy as an actual person she is instead of the person she thinks she is (or wants to be). It's made obvious throughout all three seasons she's highly intelligent' date=' and very perceptive (though with a selective sight on the weird), as well as tough. Ah well, Angel starts up after this... So there's hope.[/quote']

I'm currently watching season 4 of Angel and Cordy is good. There is some real development to her character though this starts about mid way through the first season. Also Wesley gets some much needed character development rather than being a caricature of himself.

Buffy Season 3; most of it at least. I hate Xander. I hate Faith. I like Cordelia and am annoyed at her diminished role this season. Willow is still cute beyond measure. At least Buffy is less emo. I miss Spike.
I hated Xander too. In later seasons, he grew on me to the point where he became one of my (if not the) favorite characters. Didn't like Faith either. Never liked Faith. Willow is a dose of awesome in an otherwise not so awesome show. I also came to really like Giles as the seasons passed. Miss Spike eh? I'll keep quiet about that one. Funny that the one constant of the show is that there is exactly one small portion at the end of one episode that I liked Buffy more than the others. Talk to me after Season 5. By then you'll probably have guessed which one.

I may have to go back and watch these again. Except season 3. Wasn't able to get that at the time. Then again, I believe Hulu still has them.

Boomtown Saints 2: All Saints Day. I watched the original and then this. I enjoyed. Willem Dafoe is good in the first and Julie Benz in the second.

The Men Who Star At Ghosts. Funny. Very funny. Specifically the running gag that George Clooney has to explain to Ewan McGregor what a Jedi is.

2012. BAD SCIENCE ! VERY BAD SCIENCE ! So the Neutrinos heat up the Core but not the people and animals they pass through ? And Step Dad MUST DIE ! Why exactly ?

Nine. This is the musical with Daniel Day Lewis. So your wife is Marion Cottilard, your mistress is Penelope Cruz, Nicole Kidman is your muse and Kate Hudson wants to nail you, tell me life can get better than this. I enjoyed it. Sophia Loren looked fabulous and Judi Dench was brilliant.