What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

I've been having trouble paying attention for more than an hour lately, so I've been watching a lot of one-hour programs.

I watched two episodes of Life on Discovery channel, one about plants (cooler than you might think) and the other about primates (also very interesting).

I also watched a BBC program about monkeys (Can't seem to find a link) and the first full episode of Dr. Who with the eleventh Doctor.

I've been having trouble paying attention for more than an hour lately, so I've been watching a lot of one-hour programs.

I watched two episodes of Life on Discovery channel, one about plants (cooler than you might think) and the other about primates (also very interesting).

I also watched a BBC program about monkeys (Can't seem to find a link) and the first full episode of Dr. Who with the eleventh Doctor.

You know, I don't much like the new Doctor, but I'm a big fan of the last guy, so I might be biased. The new companion is pretty tasty. I also think they should like Michelle Ryan come back as the Countess for a couple of episodes.

Watched "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" saturday night. I had forgotten what a fun romp that movie is.

Great movie. I was just watching it the other day. CGi my butt! Look at the great effects they created using old-fashioned compositing techniques.

Watched Sukiyaki Western Django. It was a bit slow in parts, way violent, and had Quentin Taratino as a retired gunfighter for about five minutes.

CES

It would have been far better without Quentin Taratino at all.

I've been borrowing some Blu-Ray movies from a friend. I watched The Last Starfighter in HD, which was enjoyable, but won't cause me to upgrade from my DVD copy. Then there was Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen, which was an ok popcorn movie, but seemed overly long for me. And last night, I watched Push, which seemed to drag in places, but was an ok film.

JoeG

Last night I watched Fido, a story set in the 1950s of an alternate universe where radiation from space turned the dead into zombies. The Zombie Wars are over, and Zomcon sells "controlled" zombies (they wear a control collar -- if the lights go off, hit the panic button!). They also protect the public by fencing in the cities, thus fencing out the "wild" zombies.

Timmy is an outcast at school, picked upon by the bullies and ignored by the girls. When Timmy's mom buys a zombie servant against her distant husband's wishes, Timmy finds a friend in "Fido".

Saw Kick-Ass - was impressed even if they did over-super Hit Girl a bit.

We've recently started rewatching Babylon 5 as well, now on the first disk of season 4.

After seeing Clash of the Titans - I borrowed the original from a friend to rewatch that. Surprisingly they got Pegasus correct in the original, I was unsure if they did or not. There's also more nudity than I remember when I first watch it. The Harryhousen was just as jerky as I remember it though. I don't know what hollywood is thinking to make all the Greek Gods evil for the new version, and for some reason dependant on worship- they weren't evil in the original, just petty - they didn't depend on worship either but thought humans needed parenting.

Original Clash- Gods are noble, petty and a bit arrogant - bicker amongst themselves and cause problems when they have favourites they support.

iClash 3D- Gods are arrogant, petty and random - constantly scheming for leadership and will randomly help their favourites even if their favourite will often say he hates all gods and wants to get rid of them.

Original Clash- Gods are noble' date=' petty and a bit arrogant - bicker amongst themselves and cause problems when they have favourites they support.[/quote']

You mean, pretty much like how they are depicted in the myths?

I think he's complaining about the "Modern Clash"' date=' which throws in badly thought-out deconstruction and raving atheism. The mythical greek gods were capable of both good and evil.[/quote']

I think I forgot my ^_^

I think he's complaining about the "Modern Clash"' date=' which throws in badly thought-out deconstruction and raving atheism. The mythical greek gods were capable of both good and evil.[/quote']

Pretty much. It's kinda "pointless atheism written by someone who just has no clue". I much preferred the Gods in the original Clash. Is the new trend in Hollywood to show that all Gods are evil, or that myths don't have Gods in them?

Actually, it's not atheism at all. It's Anti-Theism. There are Gods, the Anti-Thiest protagonist himself is half-God (just like Jesus). He can't be an atheist in any way because he doesn't disbelieve in the Gods, he just hates them and wants to get rid of them.

Started watching the third season of one of my favorite slice-of-life animes, Hidamari (Sunshine) Sketch. It's a series about four teenage girls who go to the art department of Yamabuki High School and live in the same small apartment building. Among the things they have in common is an art teacher (a wildly exuberant and immature cosplay maniac) and a reputation for eccentricity that is largely undeserved. Very sweet, funny stuff, though it helps if you have a high tolerance for mild shoujo-ai.

Punisher War Zone

Oh my God that was one of the most bad movies ever. I can only give the entire staff credit for somehow making the extreme violence and gore mix so well with some pretty hardcore camp.

The absolute only thing good about it was seeing Julie Benz with dark hair. And that was real good. The rest? Burn the negatives, DVDs, Blue Ray and delete all the digital copies worldwide and hope that the nightmares stop some day.

Punisher War Zone

Oh my God that was one of the most bad movies ever. I can only give the entire staff credit for somehow making the extreme violence and gore mix so well with some pretty hardcore camp.

Sounds like something Mike and the Bots would have to watch.

DEEP HURTING!