What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

The Hobbit. Excellently done, although the tension and action level is ramped way up. On the other hand, the dwarfs in the original novel don't exactly do much, so.... (I commented after re-reading The Hobbit about 3 months ago that the dwarfs were exceedingly inept all things considered.)

I have been watching some Bond films with commentary and without.

Dr No, From Russia With Love, Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Diamonds are Forever, Live and Let Die, The Man With the Golden Gun, The Spy Who Loved Me, For You Eyes Only, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, Licence to Kill, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough

The Hobbit. Excellently done' date=' although the tension and action level is ramped way up. On the other hand, the dwarfs in the original novel don't exactly do much, so.... (I commented after re-reading [i']The Hobbit[/i] about 3 months ago that the dwarfs were exceedingly inept all things considered.)

Saw The Hobbit Thursday. Good, but not quite as good as the LOTR stuff. I really didn't need many of the added bits (Three stooges Trolls, the Warg vs Radegast the Brown's podracing scene, the Del Toro-esque storm giant scenes, the POTC goblin fight scenes, and so on).

Last movie watched was Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, which is now available for streaming on Netflix. It's not as bad as I remembered, but it's still no Xanadu. ;)

JoeG

Saw The Hobbit Thursday. Good, but not quite as good as the LOTR stuff. I really didn't need many of the added bits (Three stooges Trolls, the Warg vs Radegast the Brown's podracing scene, the Del Toro-esque storm giant scenes, the POTC goblin fight scenes, and so on).

Last movie watched was Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, which is now available for streaming on Netflix. It's not as bad as I remembered, but it's still no Xanadu. ;)

JoeG

Hey...I like Xanadu. Oh...don't get me wrong....the movie is awful, but the music is great.

Hey...I like Xanadu. Oh...don't get me wrong....the movie is awful' date=' but the music is great.[/quote']

I like Xanadu as well, mainly for the music. I tend to watch it when I need something light and it's available on streaming, about once a year or so.

JoeG