What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Cowboys and Aliens -- a fun movie as long as you remember you're watching a movie titled "Cowboys and Aliens" (which is a perfect example of "Exactly What It Says On The Tin").
I was so torn on that movie. As a "cowboy" movie, it was turning out to be a great example of cowboy movies. I was interested in the characters and the plot setup. Even the magic alien-tech bracelet was neat in that it was an unknown. Then they threw the aliens at us. I actually lost interest at that point and it became a chore to finish. I ended up doing what I hate to do; picking apart the inconsistencies. Mostly I enjoy just watching the film at face value.

Still not a terrible movie.

Ok, watching the Westminster Dog Show. Normally I put up a thread about it, but I missed the opening night and had to catch up on my DVR. Now we're at the end of the Sporting group on the second night. My labs NEVER win, but some of the spaniels are looking good I must admit.

Dredd. About what I expected, which was fine.

Put the '95 Stallone one in the netflix queue, for comparison. Can they -both- be The Law?

The Stallone version nailed the sets and even had an appearance by an ABC Warrior. Beautiful to look at. Bad plot and acting.

The Urban version lacked on sets. It was, however, perfect on plot and characterization.

The Stallone version nailed the sets and even had an appearance by an ABC Warrior. Beautiful to look at. Bad plot and acting.

The Urban version lacked on sets. It was, however, perfect on plot and characterization.

Pretty much my opinion. Stallone's Dredd had the right look to it. Dredd the movie felt right.

Prince of Persia:sands of time. I need to remember this one for next time someone drags out the "All videogame to movie movies suck" line. It wasn't great, but held together OK. The Wife put it in the queue and we watched it together, evening well spent.

Das Boot. If there is a more classic submarine movie out there, I'm unaware of it. I watched the extended version, something like 3.5 hours in the black deeps of the ocean. Worth watching.