The Things That I've Learned Facing Bricks

Weldun

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Things That I've Learned Facing Bricks

'Affects Desolid' on STR is a Brick's best friend. 'Double Knockback' is just mean-spirited :eg:

Grabbed by a brick is bad. -Thrown- by a brick is worse.

Throwing a car is a good way to take down a foe, but be prepared for the lawsuit that follows.

Flash is good.

Entangle based on ECV is great.

RKA vs Flash Def or Ego Def is good.

Suppress INT is hilarious.

Drain is always nice.

Standard Entangle is a waste of time.

Penetrating Autofire is surprisingly nice.

Not all bricks are as dumb as a box of rocks even if they are made out of rock. Don't count on an INT Drain to neutralize them.

A number of bricks have a strong will (high EGO); don't count on an ECV entangle to neutralize them.

A good way to neutralize many bricks is something to use at range to lift and keep them off the ground. If they can't move to get to you, or can't get leverage, they're pretty much hosed.

A number of bricks can fly. Don't try the above with a brick that can fly.

And what's the biggest thing I've learned facing bricks?

It's much better if the brick is on YOUR side.

Especially if the brick can fly, is NOT as dumb as a box of rocks (even if he is made out of rock), and has a strong will.

Right, Balrog? ;)

1. All those cool brick tricks in TUB? They probably picked up a couple, especially to deal with hard-to-hit annoyances (e.g. at range, high-DCV, etc.). Don't count on the old cheap tricks to work.

2. Abort to dodge - not a bad idea.

3. Don't fight in a phone booth, make sure you've got plenty of room to run.

Against bricks' date=' that second level of AP is often the difference between feeling like an idiot and feeling like a bush-league God.[/quote']

hmmm...12d6 vs full defenses or 6d6 vs half defenses.

Seems like the former is the better pick.

If they're sitting there grinning, waiting for you to hit them, find something else to do. Maybe they can't take the shot and maybe they can, but, if they're that confident, don't take the risk.

Also, dodging, diving for cover, or running away aren't "wasted actions" as much as "ways to ensure I can still walk on my next phase."

Bricks generally have the highest defense. Ergo, they are the best targets for NNDs and AVLDs.

Just because you have a much better base CV doesn't mean you are safe in melee. . . because the brick can often afford to put all his levels in offense.

They're good listeners, but not great conversationalists.

If you look very closely you can see some interesting patterns in the natural cracks.

I like old fashioned red better than the beige or the multi colored ones.

As hard as they seem, plants still manage to push through given enough time.

Oh sorry, this is "Things That I've Learned Facing Brick Walls."

I was under the impression that if you use TK (as in Telekinsis the Power not the special effect) to grab someone and hoist them in the air, they can break that hold just like anything else. They'll fall of course but you have to grab them, hold them etc but to do the "hold helpless in air" thing you needed to get something like Flight UAA which screws with any almost any non flier.

What makes you say that?

"I grab the brick with my campaign-standard-power-level TK. While that TK is not as good as the brick's full STR, it will certainly beat the brick's casual STR, and I'm not holding the brick for long. Just long enough to throw him, actually. Only I'm going for distance, rather than damage. Unless he's got Growth or Density Increase active, that puts him about 60" away from the fight. While he spends the next several phases making it back into the fray, I'll have enough time to mop up a few of his teammates. And that's just one trick I can pull, and not even one of the nastier ones."