Nightwind: A Proper Fit for the Champions?

Metaphysician

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Nightwind: A Proper Fit for the Champions?

I thought his writeup said that he only uses the guns as a last resort, but the MCPD was concerned about a superhero carrying guns for some reason?(even though he has not given them any reason to be)(the original writeup)

Kari

I thought his writeup said that he only uses the guns as a last resort, but the MCPD was concerned about a superhero carrying guns for some reason?(even though he has not given them any reason to be)(the original writeup)

Kari

It does. It even goes on to say that the MCPD has no evidence he has fired the guns.

I hadn't thought of this 'problem' when I'd read that Nightwind joined...but 2 seconds after I read the original post I thought, "Well, I'll just have Defender whip him up some electric- or sonic-based 12d6EB stun blasters." Problem solved - for me that is. :)

Now that he's part of the big leagues - he needs an upgrade anyway. ;)

Shoryukin!

Sonic... BOOOM!

(actually that was Guile).

It's a good thing the Ultimate Energy Projector is coming out- NightWind can look at some alternate ranged attacks. ;)

Personally, I have no problem with him packing heat. I suspect he'd be more dangerous if he popped each bullet out one by one and used it as a thrown weapon (followed by the empty mag and the pistols themselves at the end) ;)

Given his background' date=' I think that's a reasonable assumption. So we just have to wait for Ironclad to start exclaiming, "Christmas!" ;)[/quote']

I have it on good authority that "Chrizz'e'maz" is the Perseid words for "to the death!" :)

I always assumed he was an Ironfist homage myself. :)

Actually, even with the guns that's not a bad match if you've been reading The Immortal Iron Fist by Brubaker. I recommend the series by the way. Not to give too much away, but the Iron Fist can be channeled through weapons at range if the practitioner is skilled enough. There is a character who uses the power with a pair of Colt 1911s.

Actually' date=' even with teh guns that's not a bad match if you've been reading The Immortal Iron Fist by Brubaker. I recommend the series by the way. Not to give too much away, but the Iron Fist can be channeled through weapons at range if the practitioner is skilled enough. There is a character who uses the power with a pair of Colt 1911s.[/quote']

Hmmm, how many issues of this have come out? I'm clearly going to have to track this down, it just sounds too cool not to do so. :)

Hmmm' date=' how many issues of this have come out? I'm clearly going to have to track this down, it just sounds too cool not to do so. :)[/quote']

Right now they've put out four issues. It's a limited series set to run for either six or eight issues. I can't remember which. #1 and #2 may be hard to come by, but I'm sure there will eventually be a trade paperback.

Guys' date=' I have a question. Is this argument any different from "Yeah, love that new Avengers lineup/no, it sucks?"[/quote']

Of course it is. This one has to do with the official setting of Champions :D

Guys' date=' I have a question. Is this argument any different from "Yeah, love that new Avengers lineup/no, it sucks?"[/quote']

Depends whether the original argument you're referencing was random love/hate, or actually had arguments backed in facts. For instance, complaining about the old New Avengers because they are a change is meaningless opinion. Complaining about their lineup because it consists of too many redundant street levelers is something else.

Here, the issue at hand was whether Nightwind fit the prevailing moral/genre mode of the rest of the team, something which could in fact be meaningfully debated.

Actually, I meant the original New Avengers lineup, immediately post-Disassembled. :P

With the new New Avengers, the bigger complaint is that logically, they would be "Dr Strange and his Amazing Street Level Friends." Except that it seems Strange is getting jobbed out massively. In setting, they actually make sense. . . since its basically "the most powerful and/or dedicated anti-reg supers remaining."

Jobbed Out.

God, what a hysterical disaster that would be.

"We're sorry, Witchcraft, but the post of Archmage has been outsourced to India. You'll be moving there, and the Champions will get an elephant headed guy with the ability to cast tantric spells and inhale water through his trunk. Sorry about the confusion. Please clean out your office."