Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

I tell ya though, they "feel" better in my hand than a Glock and, for reasons I don't get, I really dig the way they look. I mean, I prefer the XDm look better than the XD, but what can you do? One can't change ones own visual prefrences.... can you? lol.

Having been to Springfield's site all I can say having seen the XD pistols is "And I thought Glocks were ugly". Those XDs are not pretty to look at.

I also find them aesthetically unpleasant, but still find them leagues better looking than a Glock, Hi-Point, or Taurus tupperware. One of the Rugers look okay. As a whole, I don't like the looks of "tactical tupperware" as a whole.

I tell ya though' date=' they "feel" better in my hand than a Glock and, for reasons I don't get, I really dig the way they look. I mean, I prefer the XDm look better than the XD, but what can you do? One can't change ones own visual prefrences.... can you? lol.[/quote']

XDs ARE much more comfortable to hold. For whatever reason, as uncomfortable as a Glock is, I still shoot them very well, even despite their weird springy/crunchy triggers. As far as plastic framed pistols go, the XD looks better than a lot of them do. I can only stand the looks of the XD, some of the Rugers, and the FN pistols to a point. I still, by far, have a preference for the lines of the 1911, the Browning Hi-power, revolvers of all sorts, my CZ SP-01 and various other designs.

The new movement towards blocky and plastic just isn't really for me. But, as always, to each their own. =)

• 3 weeks later...

I found this while looking for some info on the 50 rd "coffin" mags, as I was telling someone about them...

Lage MAX-41A

MAX41A01.jpg

Those of you that are Science Fiction Movie buffs will recognize this weapon as the M-41A Pulse Rifle from the movie Aliens. The movie prop was only designed to fire blanks from the .45 ACP Thompson Submachinegun (20 rounds) and Remington 870 Shotgun. The prop did not have to survive the recoil form real 12 gauge rounds being fired.

The MAX-41A is a combination submachinegun in 9mm and short barreled 12 gauge shotgun designed to resemble the M-41A Pulse Rifle from the movie Aliens.

Submachinegun component is a NFA registered SWD M-11/9 with an Anthony Smith style Suomi upper receiver. Magazine used is a Suomi "Coffin" magazine that holds 50 rounds of 9mm. Shotgun component is a NFA registered Remington 870 short barreled shotgun and holds two rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber.

BATFE letter was obtained confirming this is a legal configuration, prior to manufacturing.

The MAX-41A is a prototype that is currently being tested. My main concern is durability when fired with 12 guage buckshot and slugs. So far, most testing has been with light birdshot loads. The subgun component has run flawlessly.

The bullet counter has a minor problem when firing in full auto, only counts half of the rounds fired. When firing singles, there is no problem. The manufacturer believes a simple reprogramming will fix it, so the counter has been shipped back.

The test phase is expected to take about a year. The only roadblock I see is getting a reliable source for a quantity of Suomi Coffin Mag's.

Here is a link to the webpage with details, photos and videos.

MAX-41A

When testing is complete, I'll look into limited production.

And now for an old classic. . .

FNGP35.jpg

Probably been posted before, but. . .

Hi-Powers are always great. I like a lot of the classics. This particular pistol still has quite the loyal following to this day, and while not as popular as the 1911, it still has a lot of major adherents including Cylinder and Slide and a lot of custom gun makers. There are even new matched frame and slide kits to add some custom features for you to smith on yourself or have one done up by a gunsmith for you.

And, just so I don't have to personally post all these pics... here's a link to a 1911 forum with a hi-power picture thread. =) http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=132387&highlight=browning+hi-power

Enjoy!

I bought a CZ SP-01 because it had some modern features and hi-power ergonomics. I just wanted the rail, the night sites, and a double-action trigger for just-in-case for work type requirements. Plus, it has that funny "tactical block w/ bayonet" option that makes me laugh. I may have to buy one just for the laughs.

Too bad it also has that crappy thumb safety that I also want to replace, just as if I had a hi-power. =)

Oh, and a pic... cuz I hadn't seen one of these in awhile:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36284[/ATTACH]

double-barrelled-pistol-gun-pistol-guns-bullet-shoot-demotivational-poster-1277497875.jpg

How would that work? wouldn't it need two clips?

Other than that, I don't think it any more ridiculous than any full auto handgun...

I don't think it would work at all. Firstly, they didn't even bother to make it from an actual working gun. Its black because it looks like it was milled from a hunk of plastic. It doesn't have a slide unless you count just the rear block as the slide, the shape is wrong for a desert eagle anyway, and that would require a pretty light round. The slide itself isn't even attached to the slide, it seems like, and as mentioned.. it has nowhere from which to load new ammunition. It might be a ray-gun, I suppose. I love the forward cocking serrations on the possible frame rather than on anything that can move, and the lack of any sights, and the fact that it looks like a vaguely glued on block holds the two upper portions together while being out of line and having a gap.

Having said all that... I DO realize its just a silly movie prop to what looks like a crappy movie with decent film stock or whatever they call the digital version thereof in it... putting it into the likely B or maybe B+ budget range. I'd still personally smack the guy who built that piece of junk if it were my movie, but they were probably concentrating on the plot and acting... :lol

MLA?

And is that really from a movie and not a Photoshop? If so, anyone have any idea what movie?

I have a vague (very vague) recollection of a weapon like that being used in one of Charles Bands movies....You know, the guy who brought us the Trancers franchise and other films like Demonic Toys, Dollman, etc....

Wish I could recall more. :think: Sigh.

-Carl-