Cool Guns for your Games

Remjin

Re: Cool Guns for your Games

(hover/click for larger images)

I admit to being a staid, low-tech, old-school king of guy....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35379[/ATTACH]

Just a SW Model 325 Night Guard .45 ACP

Or the classics....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35380[/ATTACH]

SW Model 29 .44 Magnum - "Do you feel lucky punk?"

And my nostalgia gun....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35381[/ATTACH]

The good old Colt Detective Special .38+P

I just got myself a Springfield XD .45SpringfieldXD45Tact-01.jpg, But I wish they made a .45 in their XDm series due to it looking like a piece of art (for a Croatian pistol).

Springfield-Compact-XDM-Pistol.jpg

This is the 9mm, or the .40 (I just can't remember which when I copy/pasted.) XDm I could see the pic being used for a cyber punk-ish future pistol... maybe.

As a side note on the XDm that part of the pistol grip near the meaty portion of your palm... yah, apparently it's got a removable pad, to better fit different users preferences... I like that feature. If you look closely you can see the hex key hole there near the mag well.

I just got myself a Springfield XD .45, But I wish they made a .45 in their XDm series due to it looking like a piece of art (for a Croatian pistol).

This is the 9mm, or the .40 (I just can't remember which when I copy/pasted.) XDm I could see the pic being used for a cyber punk-ish future pistol... maybe.

As a side note on the XDm that part of the pistol grip near the meaty portion of your palm... yah, apparently it's got a removable pad, to better fit different users preferences... I like that feature. If you look closely you can see the hex key hole there near the mag well.

Yes, the back-straps are interchangeable between 3 different sizes. The trigger is a bit better, capacity has been improved, and the slide profile is much different. In the end, its still just another plastic and stainless striker fired pistol w/ slightly different ergonomics than the others.

I'm with Vondy... I'm kind of old school. I like some of the new stuff, but the only ones that excite me much seem to be steel, have some curves, and still use hammers. I love revolvers of many sorts, with .44 and .357 being my favorites. I haven't even fired a revolver using auto cartridges. I'm also a fan of the 1911, browning hi-power, colt python (in beautiful royal blue), and many others. I have a pistol on order similar to this one, and its about as modern as I typically get:

I don't know. I'm not a big semi-auto fan of any sort. I can appreciate the old 1911 for the history, but I'd rather fire a revolver. I am also more of a fan of bolt action (or lever action!) rifles, too. Just something more appealing to me, more satisfying about working the bolt action...does that make sense?

I get it, I even enjoy the revolver myself; however, I also come from a military background, and as such see more of the "tool box" view point (referencing De Niro's conversation in Ronin near the 3:19 mark and after) meaning that your weapons are a tool box, so it's really what you want. I like having the extra rounds in my pistol that an automatic provides, however for a pure CCW, I can't argue with a .357 snub nose revolver.

I went with the .45 XD because I've used automatics most of my military career and they suit me fine, also I have no idea when a "defense setup can have me going into an assault posture (Very highly unlikely, however I want the capability there should I need it). Then again, I'm a guy who's quite happy with an M4 CQB setup also... though I learned most of my room clearing with a full sized M16A2, and I can get around corners well enough, and maintain effective target placement at a decent range, and I've used it in the field in Kosovo, so to be honest, I prefer to use the set-up I'm ergonomically trained for. Though if you spend about 2-3 hours a day with your weapons, rig, and pack, you can train any setup you feel like.

Best thing about revolvers (especially in the desert that I live in): no jams, I pull the trigger, it goes bang, end of story.

Best thing about automatics: For the most part more ammo, and easier time reloading (If you have a few mags on your person).

Worst thing about pistols, they are truly made for being side arms, they are not a main combat utensil, and are for last ditch defensive maneuvers only. Taking them into any other role is only for those that are better trained than I, or the fool-hearty. I love looking at them, shooting them, and talking about them, but they are a fall back weapon, not a main firearm.

I'm with Vondy... I'm kind of old school. I like some of the new stuff' date=' but the only ones that excite me much seem to be steel, have some curves, and still use hammers. I love revolvers of many sorts, with .44 and .357 being my favorites. I haven't even fired a revolver using auto cartridges. I'm also a fan of the 1911, browning hi-power, colt python (in beautiful royal blue), and many others. I have a pistol on order similar to this one, and its about as modern as I typically get:[/quote']

I like the SW99. And Sig Saur makes excellent handguns. But I'm a revolver man. If you get a good one binding isn't an issue and they never jam. They're also less finicky in dirty environments. With speed-loaders and a little practice they load quick. And they tend to shoot steadier (you don't have to train through the slide kicking). Both have advantages, but given a choice and absent an occupational need for high round capacity I'll go for the wheel gun every time.

Wheel guns preferred here but then I've always just been a better shot with them for some reason. My favorite right now is my Taurus Model 608 with 8 shots of .357 that just scares the crap out of the other wheel gun guys at the range when those extra two shots go of. But I've got more then a few Older Auto loaders, Older Sig's, Older 1911's. I don't deal in 9mm though. Sissy ammo for girls and gang bangers.

~Rex

Man, I feel pretty behind the curve. The only gun I own is a "cap" gun from Germany my grandmother owned. Why, I don't know. The pistol itself was meant as a training aid, or was used as a starter pistol and the like.

Then again, right now, I'd rather drop $300 on new shelves for the condo than a handgun. Or a nice sword....

For the most part, I'm a handgun and shotgun shooter. I like rifles, but there's nowhere to shoot them around here without a lot of hassle. My only real scenario for actual use is home defense, and if heavens open up and drop a single drop of miracle into Illinois, concealed carry. Thus, assaulting things and protracted gun battles are not really a concern of mine. Besides, for me, its really just a hobby that's vaguely job related since I work in security. Because I work in security, I have to at least be competent with a pistol, with a very very few jobs sometimes requiring a shotgun or rifle... though, none that pay worth a crap in recent history, so pistols seem to be it.

I like pistols, I think they're really neat, and fully recognize that they are a very limited weapon. Still, the gun you have versus the one at home and all that jazz... having said all that, I'm a little surprised at the love of revolvers here. I've only once had a problem with any sort of reliability with a semi-auto, and it was due to those government mandated crippled mags I had in a high-capacity 1911 (springfield armory wide-body) that was resolved when I went to full capacity magazines with proper magazines springs. Other than that, all of my pistols have always fired no matter how dirty they were or how much I neglected their maintenance. They even fired when crusty chunks of carbon and whatever other build-up was flying out of them, coating my arms in a nice dalmation pattern. Then again, I don't buy cheap guns, and I don't buy over-sensitive range toys... wait, I'm lying, I do have a hammerli trailside that is a bit sensitive on ammo selection and fouling. It'll shoot 100 rounds of anything, but after that, it gets jammed up with the residue from cheap .22 Long Rifle ammo. I have to buy the stuff that actually costs a couple bucks per 50-100 rounds to keep it running beyond that without the occasional failure to extract.

I'm not really a one-action sort of guy. I like lots of different things, but I'm not a fan of compromising a system for lighter weight or whatever else. I don't believe that plastic is stronger than metal. I don't believe that putting a couple of metal pieces in makes things just as good. I don't think big chunky grips with lego bricks all over them make for a good grip. I don't think small, lighter, and less recoil is always better. There's a time and place for all of that, but I don't hump gear for miles on end anymore (hiking), and even if I did, I'll hump it if its worth it.

I don't like 9mm, but every job requires them or at least accepts them. If I'm gonna carry it, and I have a choice, its 147 grain +P expanding bullets for me. Haven't tried +P+ yet. Heavier if I can get 'em. I bought a CZ SP-01 for this, since its set up for NATO ammo, which is hotter than the more common wuss 9mm loads we use here in the states. If I can, I'll carry my 1911. If I have to shoot more than 24 or 25 rounds, then I'm already screwed. It fits my hands well, I hit what I aim at with it, and its fast to use. It has a great reputation for handgun ammunition. If I can, I'll use 230 grain expanding ammunition here as well. Maybe +P here as well. Thinking about getting one built for .45 Super with a stealth comp on it. Maybe from a 6" slide.

I would love to own a high polish blued revolver. That old Colt Royal Blue gives me wood. I know, its weird, probably, but I love it. Funny, I prefer S&W revolvers, though. =) Problem is, I'd feel bad shooting that pistol, so that's for some day if I ever have a lot of disposable income. In the meantime, I've been eyeing some old S&W's like the Models 19 and 29 for classic feel... and I'd love to do up a new N-frame in .44 Magnum with a 5" bull barrel, full underlug, in a nice high polish ion bond finish. Unfluted cylinders, maybe, and a nice lightly checkered smooth shaped cocobolo grips w/ express style sights. I'd also like to get the 627, in .357 Magnum, 8-shot w/ 5" barrel. I wish the barrel wasn't so dang ugly, but I'll deal with it to start and re-barrel it later.

Some of those new self defense oriented S&Ws look nice. I don't know much about them, but can't say I know what to really say about the one with the picatinny rail. Just hurts my classic sensibilities, though it makes some sense for a house gun.

Not sure why I'm rambling on about this... probably have before, probably will again.

Not sure why I'm rambling on about this... probably have before' date=' probably will again.[/quote']

I know where your coming from on this one, after I was done with my previous post, I looked at it and almost deleted it, but then I thought... man, after spending the time to write it, just post it... so I did, but I felt like I kinda ran at the keyboard without any real point or person I was aiming at, just talking weapons... or my take... I guess..

As far as revolvers, again, I got nothing against them, I just haven't bought any, and though I'm thinking about picking up a little snub nose .357 for concealed carry, it's gonna be a while before I blow that much (I also like getting higher end, that Springfield is about the lowest end I like to go for).

I don't mind the plastics, I mean I like the full metal weapons, however I wanted a Single Action for my CCW pistol, and that's another reason I went for the XD. I know a lot of people who use Glocks in service, and swear by them... I even know a few that hated the Glock until they used them for duty for a while, and now they won't buy much else. So the plastic pistols hold up quite well, and have a solid rep. I'm not saying their better than metal, but their at the very least just as effective. I trust most the folks, my hand just doesn't fit a Glock well, and it feels pretty weird, or off in my hand, so I personally won't use one.

On my list to get:

The only revolver I want: .357 (unsure of brand, I'll still have to look around) I really don't hang in "revolver focused" groups...

Sig: 220, 226, 229

H&K USP .45 Full sized and tactical

Kimber: tactical and concealed carry

As far as a 9mm I'm pretty much with you. It's a meh round, the only thing it has going for it is weight and amount of ammo able to be carried, and put on target. There is a minor benefit of accuracy, but again, this can be trained into your personal firearm usage. Even if you go by SoF, they have stopped using the 9mm (most having gone to the .45 both in the Mk23 and the UMP.45, then again with the utility of the M4 SOPMOD, there is no real reason to carry a machine pistol, unless your mission parameters dictate that's what you need to use (Tool box style). Especially given the missions that they are getting these days, you just don't want Al-jizera to pick up on 2 children killed by accidental fire during a raid/capture mission.

But the combination of "blow-through" and general lack of "stopping power" of a 9mm along with it's super fast movement, make it a poor choice for most anything I'd need it for. Unless I started training for a double-tap headshot only... and honestly I've been in the game long enough to know that that's a ridiculous concept for anything other than play time, movies, or gaming. I'll take training a .45 double tap to center mass with a pistol or rifle.

Though I'm totally thrilled about hoping for a SCAR Heavy when those become available. Them be sexy. mmm gonna get me one as soon as I can.

As far as a 1911, really I'd take a colt or a Kimber, outside of that, I'm pretty meh. I like gear, and keeping up with some of the latest and greatest. I would like to see more info (realworld data) on the .40 from what I understand it's a low powder 10mm (great round, all in all, just expensive and rare) cut down. And honestly there have been hundreds of people both shot and killed with the .45 and 9mm, but the .40 doesn't have the history to tell us how it's performing out there.

As far as how weapons look, little blocks in the handle etc. meh, it's just a new phase of firearm chic. I think the XDm looks like something I've seen out of Cyberpunk or Shadowrun, and honestly, I dig that. But hey, that's my preference, and not even one I'm looking at for serious usage, 9mil and 40 are for plinking, sure you can shoot a dude with them, just like a .22, but again everything has it's use, make your toolbox better, and you make what you can do with it more varied (Can't fix a flat tire with a screwdriver), and how a pistol looks has nothing to do with any of that.

The XDm holds 17+1... if I can't deal with it in 2 magazines... then you've gotten in over your head, and that's even taking into account the reputation for the 9mm and lack of rep for the .40.

My run at the mouth... for now, lol.

I can understand the toolbox approach, and how coming from a military (or security) background you folks are trained for or just more comfortable with rate of fire over accuracy, while I come from a hunting background and while it isn't exactly sniper level, there is an emphasis on single shot kills. If you don't take down that doe with one shot, the whole herd will spook and you have to go tromping around finding another one, and bolt action are much more accurate.

Of course, that doesn't really explain my preference for revolvers. I don't know, maybe because it is more similar to a bolt action? :) There's also the heirloom factor. Except for a .357 revolver my dad has, and the bolt action 7.62mm that I redid as a .308 in High School, all the firearms we have were my paternal grandfather's (or, in one case I believe, his father's). I don't think my sister is that interested in any of them, so they'll go to me, then on to my kids.

(As an aside, the heirloom factor is why my dad was so steamed when his brother hocked their father's .22LR bolt action target pistol. Looked kinda like this, but with a beautiful walnut stock. If my uncle didn't want it, my dad would have bought it to give to me.)

Vondy and others:

Revolvers are less likely to malfunction when you need them vs. semi-automatic pistols. Fewer moving parts that are likely to break or mess up (mag feed error).

I also like revolvers to teach new shooters. Especially in single action (hammer pulled back, just pull trigger).

Disadvantage of revolvers is lower capacity of bullets.

Also revolvers can take REALLY big rounds (if you like that sort of thing). This is important in sometimes, like if in AK and a polar bear wants your freshly cooked bacon. A S&W .460 or S&W 500 is a very good thing to have at that time.

My pulp game group fought polar bears and the bears (three of them two adults, one youth) almost won. They have new respect for fully grown hungry adult polar bears.

I can understand the toolbox approach' date=' and how coming from a military (or security) background you folks are trained for or just more comfortable with rate of fire over accuracy, while I come from a hunting background and while it isn't exactly sniper level, there is an emphasis on single shot kills. If you don't take down that doe with one shot, the whole herd will spook and you have to go tromping around finding another one, and bolt action are much more accurate.[/quote']

This is a pretty common generality about people shooting... accuracy or rate of fire. I don't think its an either or thing, I think of it more as a pair of sliders. As rate of fire increases, accuracy becomes more difficult; it does not preclude accuracy. Also, its a matter of training and accuracy requirements. In a fight, its not about bulls-eye shooting most of the time.. its about hits and placement of hits. Single shot kills are highly unlikely with handguns, including hits to the head, heart, and otherwise. Pistols just don't have the juice like rifles do to punch through everything reliably. The data is extensive and sometimes legend. There pretty much is no reliable way of always putting down anyone with a pistol. The last record I heard was something like 166 bullets in a guy, with 60+ "fatal" hits. Of course, single shot kills do happen... its just not as common as movies make it out to be.

Being able to shoot rapidly and accurately is the goal. No one with any professionalism is going to spray and pray, especially in the civilian world where you're really really accountable for every round and where it lands, no matter what.

Of course, that doesn't really explain my preference for revolvers. I don't know, maybe because it is more similar to a bolt action? :)

Could be anything. Revolvers are just neat and have history, nostalgia, and good function going for them.

Vondy and others:

Revolvers are less likely to malfunction when you need them vs. semi-automatic pistols. Fewer moving parts that are likely to break or mess up (mag feed error).

I also like revolvers to teach new shooters. Especially in single action (hammer pulled back, just pull trigger).

Disadvantage of revolvers is lower capacity of bullets.

I think this is actually very dependent on a lot of factors. There is more to the reliability equation than numbers of parts. I just deleted a big spiel about #'s of parts, but let's just say that a 1911 and a revolver contain about the same # of parts, with the 1911 possibly having fewer, actually. As I'm not actually a gunsmith and too lazy to go look at two exploded views of the two types of actions, I deleted it since I'm not well enough informed to really argue the point. And besides that, there are lots of other semi-autos out there, but I can only speak to a few models that I know about. As for teaching new shooters... I tend to use a .22 of any sort, really, whether revolver or semi. Most people take to the semi a lot easier since the trigger pull is easier, the sights are more easily understood (typical 3-dot or outline plus dot versus blade and square notch and a single action constant pull versus having to thumb a hammer each time). Capacity is just not an issue to me. If you can't hit it, having 15 more tries isn't going to help you that much anyway. Having more shots really just reduces how often you might have to reload, which can be its own boon. I'm a single stack 1911 fan nowadays, so 8+1 rounds versus 6 isn't that great an advantage... though the CZ SP-01 having 19+1 could be, I suppose, though it'd take more rounds to get the job done IMO.

Also revolvers can take REALLY big rounds (if you like that sort of thing). This is important in sometimes, like if in AK and a polar bear wants your freshly cooked bacon. A S&W .460 or S&W 500 is a very good thing to have at that time.

Some will refute this, but when it comes to REALLY big cartridges, the revolver is king. Sure, you can get .44 magnum and .50 AE and such in a semi-auto... but that still pales in comparison to even the "lighter" of the big stuff... I wince at the idea of shooting .454 Casull, .475 Linebaugh, .500 S&W Magnum, or even .45-70 Government loads out of a revolver, but some people love it. I'd love to give some of 'em a try, but I just don't see myself ever packing anything bigger than the .44 magnum except in bear country, maybe. I'd love to try a .500 S&W Magnum, but I'd probably like the try the huge ported version first. I'd love to actually own the one with the shorter barrels.. 4" and 3" I think? But I'd likely shoot the .500 specials out of 'em, or get them ported and figure on being blinded if I ever shot them at night. They strike me more as OH @#%# guns for bear and the like than anything I'd seriously use for self-defense situations.

I know where your coming from on this one' date=' after I was done with my previous post, I looked at it and almost deleted it, but then I thought... man, after spending the time to write it, just post it... so I did, but I felt like I kinda ran at the keyboard without any real point or person I was aiming at, just talking weapons... or my take... I guess..[/quote']

Yeah, I tend to ramble a lot and go on tangents. I've often deleted long portions of my posts... usually because they move into incoherency or completely off topic or turn into terrible rants.

As far as revolvers, again, I got nothing against them, I just haven't bought any, and though I'm thinking about picking up a little snub nose .357 for concealed carry, it's gonna be a while before I blow that much (I also like getting higher end, that Springfield is about the lowest end I like to go for).

Take a look at Ruger's SP101 or their new LCR (I think that's the name). Its rated at .38 Special +P, but its supposed to have a wicked nice trigger and is real lightweight... dunno, looks funny to me, but I've heard nothing but amazing reviews of it. Still, personally, I like the SP101 a lot, and am very curious about the Charter Arms Bulldog, which is a .44 Special snubbie. Haven't handled their revolvers, though, besides inspecting them, but a friend likes them. *Shrug* S&W's J-frames, of course, are always good to consider.

I don't mind the plastics, I mean I like the full metal weapons, however I wanted a Single Action for my CCW pistol, and that's another reason I went for the XD. I know a lot of people who use Glocks in service, and swear by them... I even know a few that hated the Glock until they used them for duty for a while, and now they won't buy much else. So the plastic pistols hold up quite well, and have a solid rep. I'm not saying their better than metal, but their at the very least just as effective. I trust most the folks, my hand just doesn't fit a Glock well, and it feels pretty weird, or off in my hand, so I personally won't use one.

I've shot plastic pistols a lot, actually. They work just fine. I just don't like 'em much. When I'm done buying the pistols I WANT, I'll likely purchase a couple of 'em. They just feel weird, and I don't think "pride of ownership" is going to be a factor at all. I do want a Glock 30, though. Felt awful in my hand, but I unloaded one at like 7 yards to see if I could control such a funky little pistol and managed a good 3" group in rapid-fire. Surprised me, honestly. I just put the front dot on the paper and kept pushing the trigger anytime it came near the same place. NO idea if I can hit anything at any sort of distance with it, though. I really really hate their "crunchy" triggers, though, and that "sproing" feel afterwards. Yuck.

On my list to get:

The only revolver I want: .357 (unsure of brand, I'll still have to look around) I really don't hang in "revolver focused" groups...

Sig: 220, 226, 229

H&K USP .45 Full sized and tactical

Kimber: tactical and concealed carry

Likin' those Sigs, eh? =) Guy I work with is like that... he has the 220, 226, 228, and 239... 238? Something like that. He likes 9mm and .40, mostly.

As far as a 9mm I'm pretty much with you. It's a meh round, the only thing it has going for it is weight and amount of ammo able to be carried, and put on target. There is a minor benefit of accuracy, but again, this can be trained into your personal firearm usage. [snip]

But the combination of "blow-through" and general lack of "stopping power" of a 9mm along with it's super fast movement, make it a poor choice for most anything I'd need it for. Unless I started training for a double-tap headshot only... and honestly I've been in the game long enough to know that that's a ridiculous concept for anything other than play time, movies, or gaming. I'll take training a .45 double tap to center mass with a pistol or rifle.

Pretty much agreed here. Dunno about accuracy benefits of a 9mm, considering its light weight usually makes it lose velocity pretty quickly, but then its higher velocity probably makes for less drop-off. I've shot a lot at my father-in-law's scrapyard, so I have a lot of opinions based on that... and after I had a bunch of 9mm slugs at my feet after shooting at a brake light, I lost all confidence in the round in general. (they bounced off and back at me). While using my .45 always stayed where I put them. .44 magnum obviously did a bit better than that. =) I think its more about momentum... or that was a really tough brake light. =)

As far as a 1911, really I'd take a colt or a Kimber, outside of that, I'm pretty meh. I like gear, and keeping up with some of the latest and greatest. I would like to see more info (realworld data) on the .40 from what I understand it's a low powder 10mm (great round, all in all, just expensive and rare) cut down. And honestly there have been hundreds of people both shot and killed with the .45 and 9mm, but the .40 doesn't have the history to tell us how it's performing out there.

Colt is classic, Kimber just doesn't do it for me. I think Kimber is in the same class as springfield with different objectives. Springfields aren't as pretty, typically, but they come with more forged and tool steel parts and less of that MIM crap. Kimbers are prettier and have more custom milling and the like, but I don't like that stuff much anyway. Pretty much a taste thing. I've moved into ordering pistols from semi-custom shops instead of messing with all that junk. Sure, its a few bucks more, but I have a lot more choices and the quality of parts is much higher. Sometimes, its even cheaper, depending on what you want.

Regarding the .40 S&W... it is just a 10mm cut down. Its sometimes referred to as the .40 Short and Weak by the 10mm fans. =) Its actually got a very good service record with police, who have taken to the round quite a lot, and it fits in all the same handguns as the 9mm. There's a lot out there about the .40 S&W now. Massad Ayoob writes about it at least once or twice, as do several others.

As far as how weapons look, little blocks in the handle etc. meh, it's just a new phase of firearm chic. I think the XDm looks like something I've seen out of Cyberpunk or Shadowrun, and honestly, I dig that. [sNIP]

Well, I've never been very stylish... so I guess that's where I sit. Dunno if I'd describe the XD(m) that way, but its definitely different. I guess I'll go back to looking at hi-powers, 1911s, and old blued revolvers some more. =)

I love my Kimber Pro Carry II, and shoot it much better than my Sig P228. My wife loves her Smith model 15 .38 spl, and I really need to get her comfortable with her Keltec P3AT. It is a sweetheart, the most accurate one of its model my dad had a chance to test. Small and light enough to actually carry.

I prefer at least a 9mm +p or .38 spl, but... the .380 is a bit light for social purposes, but it beats a pocket knife, imo.

I found a beauty of a single action revolver last week, too bad I am poor. http://www.usfirearms.com/cat/shooting-master-magnum.asp

6 shots of .357 magnum, or 8 shots of .327 Federal magnum. ;)

I would like to get a .45 colt, preferably a 4.5-5.5 inch barreled single action, probably a Ruger Blackhawk for adjustable sights and strength, but I could get by with a Cimarron SAA replica or an USFA rodeo...

If I had money to burn, I would like an EAA witness in 10mm, perhaps a 1911 in .45 super or .460 rowland, and a lever action rifle to go with the .45 colt.

If I REALLY had money to burn...

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/bigbore/1895SBL.asp I drool at the thought of one with an aftermarket blueing job. It is possible to blue stainless, but it takes different chemicals, and few do it.

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/icon_warlord.php

in both versions, .308 and .338 Lapua

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/rfb.htm, though I would rather have the 24 inch barreled version that seems to be delayed (18 would be okay, but...)

lower on the list

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/pf9.htm

and

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/pmr30.htm 20 round lightweight .22magnum rimfire pistol.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/plr16.htm for when you wish you could have an AR-15, but can only carry handguns in a loaded state...

I love my Kimber Pro Carry II, and shoot it much better than my Sig P228. My wife loves her Smith model 15 .38 spl, and I really need to get her comfortable with her Keltec P3AT. It is a sweetheart, the most accurate one of its model my dad had a chance to test. Small and light enough to actually carry.

I prefer at least a 9mm +p or .38 spl, but... the .380 is a bit light for social purposes, but it beats a pocket knife, imo.

Always been a fan of the commander length 1911s, and for all that I appreciate Sig Sauer pistols to some extent, I just don't really get on board with 'em. I'm not a fan of their controls, but the ergonomics seem okay and their reliability and accuracy are well documented. I'll still stick to the commander length, if I ever get a chance to carry... I'd like to try one of those bobtailed pistols one of these days.

Never fired a Keltec pistol. I've heard good and bad, but mostly good. Almost any caliber sounds better than a pocket-knife, and some recent tests have shown that some modern ammo in .380 is about as effective as .38 special or standard 9mm.... in any case, the one in hand versus the one at home is likely the best argument there.

I found a beauty of a single action revolver last week, too bad I am poor. http://www.usfirearms.com/cat/shooting-master-magnum.asp

6 shots of .357 magnum, or 8 shots of .327 Federal magnum. ;)

Neat. Looks very well put together. I believe I've read about USFA before, but I can't really recall where and such. Looks nice. $1500 isn't too bad, assuming quality matches price. Then again, my budget has gotten better over the last few years. Still, definitely a "pride of ownership" piece.

I would like to get a .45 colt, preferably a 4.5-5.5 inch barreled single action, probably a Ruger Blackhawk for adjustable sights and strength, but I could get by with a Cimarron SAA replica or an USFA rodeo...

The Ruger Blackhawk isn't that much more than the cimarron and USFA ones, are they? I saw one not too long ago and don't remember it being cheap, but certainly not overly expensive by any means.

If I had money to burn, I would like an EAA witness in 10mm, perhaps a 1911 in .45 super or .460 rowland, and a lever action rifle to go with the .45 colt.

I wish I knew more about .45 Super and .460 rowland. Plans are starting to form in my silly mind on a long-slide stealth-comp'd 1911 in a heavier caliber and I just don't know enough about those two yet. I haven't really looked into it much, honestly, just because the project is yet quite a ways off. I've been considering it for more of a fancy pistol, combining two ideas into one project this way. Not sure how well high polish chrome slides go with comps and the like. Why the Witness over the original CZ design? Lever action rifles just have something, I'm not sure what it is, but they get me excited about them, especially in pistol calibers. Maybe its the cowboy thing.

If I REALLY had money to burn...

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/bigbore/1895SBL.asp I drool at the thought of one with an aftermarket blueing job. It is possible to blue stainless, but it takes different chemicals, and few do it.

Ooohh... very neat! I like the blued version better. Why the preference for stainless to be blued?

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/icon_warlord.php

in both versions, .308 and .338 Lapua

Wow, I like that one a lot. Very neat!

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/rfb.htm, though I would rather have the 24 inch barreled version that seems to be delayed (18 would be okay, but...)

lower on the list

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/pf9.htm

and

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/pmr30.htm 20 round lightweight .22magnum rimfire pistol.

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/plr16.htm for when you wish you could have an AR-15, but can only carry handguns in a loaded state...

You really have a thing for Kel-tec, seems like. =) Interesting stuff there, especially the bullpup. Not too fond of how the handguns look, not sure how comfortable they'd be to shoot, but they seem all right. The AR pistol, now, that must be interesting. =)

I greatly prefer the look of blued guns, and a blued stainless would keep the reduced rust characteristics.

as to why the EAA witness instead of the CZ? EAA/tanfoglio made a few changes and can put everything from a 9mm to a .45 to a 10mm on the same frame. the CZ .45 iirc was significantly larger.

The witness 10mm steel frame felt REALLY good in my hand.

the basic gun

http://www.eaacorp.com/handguns-witness-steel-Full-EI.html

the long barrel "hunting model" that I would love also

http://www.eaacorp.com/handguns-hunting-pistols-hunter-EI.html

the conversion kits...

http://www.eaacorp.com/parts-hand-gun-conversion-kits.html

They used to make a lot of their compact guns with "carry comps" I don't see them on the site right now...

I think Kel-Tec guns or under rated, and the creativity of the founder is amazing. their P3AT is tiny, and very light. Easy to carry and conceal.

Oh, and I believe I have made characters with the EAA 10mm, 15 rounds of full bore 10mm ready to go.

IMO any of these guns have a role for characters.

I greatly prefer the look of blued guns' date=' and a blued stainless would keep the reduced rust characteristics. [/quote']

Oh, that makes sense.. didn't think of that. Though, I would say the bluing would still rub off pretty easily, probably?

as to why the EAA witness instead of the CZ? EAA/tanfoglio made a few changes and can put everything from a 9mm to a .45 to a 10mm on the same frame. the CZ .45 iirc was significantly larger.

The witness 10mm steel frame felt REALLY good in my hand.

Ah, that is neat. I was not aware of that. The CZ-97B (their .45 ACP) is larger and not compatible with the rest. However, seems to me its capacity would be greater as well. *shrug* Something for me to perhaps check into at a later date. Still, I can see why the witness might be more appealing from its modular nature. I haven't really examined one before.

I think Kel-Tec guns or under rated, and the creativity of the founder is amazing. their P3AT is tiny, and very light. Easy to carry and conceal.

They're certainly different. Nothing against them, personally, but haven't ever tried one. I'd love to, as their little 9mm pocket pistol seems like a good idea, and some of their longarms that you've shown here were neat.

Oh, and I believe I have made characters with the EAA 10mm, 15 rounds of full bore 10mm ready to go.

IMO any of these guns have a role for characters.

I've had character with giant revolvers (3d6+1 RKA w/ variable advantage for armor piercing, penetrating, etc. requiring a reload) that only held 4 shells. I've had characters use 1911s, thompsons, pythons, anacondas (colts seem popular for revolvers). I had one character use paired 1861(?) Army percussion revolvers, I've had some use par-ordnance style 1911s, that russian machine pistol they used in Faceoff (can never remember the name, but I have it in a book here somewhere), a cut-down uber sniper rifle as a semi-auto assault rifle in an old shadowrun game... well, lots of stuff. =)