A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Speaking of being in shape....

No, Tabby's not a goddess; she's better than that! Presenting my old Amber Diceless Roleplaying PC: Tabby, princess of Amber, daughter of King Random and the lady pirate B*tch Maggie. The John Tenniel version of the Cheshire cat was her personal symbol; its head was on her the back of her Trumps.

And I've discovered, to my annoyance, that Hero-Maker 3 doesn't have the option of short, curly hair for characters, or short blades (that might fit in a bracer).

Back when I forst got into comic books (X-Men #173 was the first I ever bought), back before I'd even heard of Champions, I had this idea (liberally borrowed from The New Mutants) of a special school in suburban Denver for superpowered young people - the highly acclaimed Highlands Academy. Naturally this school had a team of superheroic teens, learning to use their powers for good.

After all these years, this is that team.

--

The first team member was given the code name Laser when he was recruited. By the time the school discovered that his powers were based on heat rather than light, the name had pretty much stuck. He officially changed his code name to Heatwave, but hardly anyone ever used it.

Recruited in 8th grade, he stayed at the school until his high school graduation. He left the hero business for a time while attending college out of state, but always made himself available for real emergencies.

HA_Htwv.png

Laser

(In my universe, this character eventually grows up to become Afterburner.)

Introducing the second member of the superteam from Highlands Academy: Starlet.

Tactically, Starlet filled the role of telepath and telekinetic for the team. Perhaps more importantly, however, was the role she filled away from combat. She was the big sister for the team (even though Greyhound and Emerald were both a year older). She was the helping hand, the listening ear, and even the shoulder to cry on. When Hologram had her vision, Starlet was there to help her work through it. When Bronze Dragon left the team, she helped the remaining members deal with his departure. She was the glue that held the team together. She served in a Denver area superteam after graduation and ultimately became a counselor for troubled metahumans. More than a mutant telepath, Starlet was a natural empath.

HA_Starl.png

Starlet

(Starlet and Laser were especially close, having both come from similar small-town roots, but their relationship was never more than platonic.)