A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Another character, because I felt like it and because I'm so glad to see Fábrica online again.

Jill-in-the-Green, an avatar or elemental spirit of the warm dreaming seasons of the year and the burgeoning power of growth, based on a favourite Jethro Tull song and created in good old Fábrica de Heròis (hooRAH). The lyrics below are Tull too, just slightly modified.

Have you seen Jill-in-the-Green,

With her long tail hanging low.

She raps her bow-stave upon the ground,

Signals the crocus it's time to grow.

It's loads of fun being Jill-in-the-Green;

Her power a dance, her smile song.

She wears the colours of the summer soldier,

Carries the green flag all the winter long.

Jill do you ever sleep,

Does the green spell run

Deep in your heart? (oh, oh, oh)

Or will these changing times,

Motorways, powerlines,

Keep us apart? (oh, oh, oh)

Well I don't think so;

I saw some grass growing through the pavement today.

More Images...

Sable Rose Society - Golothan Demon Prince in exile, family and retainers...

(L to R) Prince Turlok, Princess Elora, Duke Heir-Apparent Eurlok

turlok.pngelora.pngeurlok.png

(L to R) Ven Soldier, Demonhound

ven.pngdemonhound.png

A note on scale... all are the same scale and as a reference the ven soldier is 6 foot tall...

Most made in Fabrica with a few borrowed elements from HeroMaker 3 and some edits in Photoshop...

Re: More Images...

Here's a character I've had brooding in my head for a while now, Smells-Snow-from-Ice. She can smell the difference between snow and ice, a sense of smell considered remarkable even by her own people. And who are her "own people"? As you might have guessed from the picture (inspired by several recent recreations), they're neanderthals.

As modern science definitely accepts the possibility of neanderthals having language, I decided that Smells-Snow-from-Ice's people do speak, but their language is very noun-and-verb heavy, arranged in simple, active (or imperative) sentences. It's also very literal, with no use of simile or metaphor. Some of Smells-Snow-from-Ice's clan members are Eats-Hands-of-Eggs, Makes-a-Strong-Spear, Sees-the-Hilltop and Kills-a-Longtooth.

A "longtooth" is what the clan call the sabre-toothed cats. "Greatlegs-longnoses-benttooths" -- usually shortened to "greatlegs" -- are mammoths, "hookclaws" are the carnivorous giant ground sloths, "one-and-many" are the dire wolves; if you see one, it means there are many out there. I'm having trouble coming up with something simple, striking and literal for the giant cave bears. The neanderthals themselves, of course, are simply, "the people."

The pic was assembled, with more than a little swearing and cursing, in HeroMaker 3.

Swearing and cursing? You used a lot of patterns. And these patterns slow down the app considerably if not crashing it altogether. So my advice is to apply patterns as the very last step after everything else is complete. Make sure to save the character first. Jeff is in a rewrite of the code which will make the whole app more user-friendly BTW.

As for your character: awesome neanderthal!

Thanks for the extinct-early-human kudos, Legatus!

Oh, and the HM3 problems causing the before-referenced cursing and swearing weren't related to the patterns; I didn't add those until the character was largely done. No, the expostulations were brought about by trying to make HM3, a system based on pre-set shapes/options, do something a little unconventional -- create a convincing Homo neanderthalensis out of Homo sapiens parts!

;-)

Wall' date=' the full titles [i']are[/i] homo sapiens neadertalensis and homo sapiens sapiens. Hells, we were full of ourselves when we called ourselves "man the wise", weren't we?

They go back and forth on that. Currently, the thinking is that Neanderthals were a separate species (Homo neandertalensis) rather than a subspecies (Homo sapiens neandertalensis).

Wall' date=' the full titles [i']are[/i] homo sapiens neandertalensis and homo sapiens sapiens. Hells, we were full of ourselves when we called ourselves "man the wise", weren't we?

I tend to agree. Although I recently got the idea of creating a campaign with two hominid races: Homo sapiens, and Homo stultus (foolish man). :whistle:

Just thought I would point out we're at page 300 on this thread. Seems like a milestone and a call for Spartan characters.

A Sparta character just because we're on the 300th page? That's Madness!

I know, I know.... :slap:

Okay, here it is:

[ATTACH]34922[/ATTACH]