A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Here's my version of Ereshkigal, Sumerian goddess of death, created in HeroMaker 3 with lots of PaintShop Pro post-work. The elements of her clothing -- the layering, fringes and off-the-right-shoulder look -- are copied from photos of Sumerian votive statues from the late Sumerian Dynastic Period/early Old Babylonian, circa 2100 - 1800 BC.

I had and have absolutely NO intention of trying to upstage Legatus with this picture. The idea of depicting ancient non-European gods with the various hero-maker apps was all his; I just liked the idea so much I had to try it myself, and when I chose my favourite Sumerian god as a subject, Legatus hadn't yet done the pic of Ereshkigal. So why am I posting my pic now?

Because I've only just finished the blasted thing!

It's taken me from the time Legatus posted his 2nd or 3rd Sumerian god until NOW to finish making Mesopotamian clothes out of the choices on HeroMaker 3. Man, do I love Cut-Colour-and-Transform applications!

Haven, please keep up the good work. Post some more if you like. I enjoy them immensely. Unfortunately i cannot rep you at the moment.

The way I depict these Sumerian gods is not based on anything other than pure imagination. I wanted them to look like they could be incoporated into a comic book setting as easily as into a fantasy campaign.

Here's my version of Ereshkigal, Sumerian goddess of death, created in HeroMaker 3 with lots of PaintShop Pro post-work. The elements of her clothing -- the layering, fringes and off-the-right-shoulder look -- are copied from photos of Sumerian votive statues from the late Sumerian Dynastic Period/early Old Babylonian, circa 2100 - 1800 BC.

I had and have absolutely NO intention of trying to upstage Legatus with this picture. The idea of depicting ancient non-European gods with the various hero-maker apps was all his; I just liked the idea so much I had to try it myself, and when I chose my favourite Sumerian god as a subject, Legatus hadn't yet done the pic of Ereshkigal. So why am I posting my pic now?

Because I've only just finished the blasted thing!

It's taken me from the time Legatus posted his 2nd or 3rd Sumerian god until NOW to finish making Mesopotamian clothes out of the choices on HeroMaker 3. Man, do I love Cut-Colour-and-Transform applications!

I'm still waiting to see if Legatus is going to the Slavic Pantheon. :)

Here's a PC of mine from my distant past, with a tie to the gods of old: Dr. Laurel Kane, feline zoologist (felidologist?) and demigod daughter of Apollo. Yes, that Apollo; Mount Olympos, ancient Greece, god of archery, music and medicine -- and also Laurel's dad, which makes most of the other Greek gods her aunts and uncles, grandparents, great-grandparents and cousins. Heroing runs in the demigods of her family...or should that be 'pantheon'? Just ask Heracles, Jason, Autolychus....

She battles crime as Corona, metanormal archer and member -- with Blackjack and Double Helix -- of the San Diego Sentinels.

Here's a PC of mine from my distant past' date=' with a tie to the gods of old: Dr. Laurel Kane, feline zoologist (felidologist?) and demigod daughter of Apollo. Yes, [i']that[/i] Apollo; Mount Olympos, ancient Greece, god of archery, music and medicine -- and also Laurel's dad, which makes most of the other Greek gods her aunts and uncles, grandparents, great-grandparents and cousins. Heroing runs in the demigods of her family...or should that be 'pantheon'? Just ask Heracles, Jason, Autolychus....

She battles crime as Corona, metanormal archer and member -- with Blackjack and Double Helix -- of the San Diego Sentinels.

In HM3 there is an option called "masking". If you mask the bow to Corona's hand, it will look as if she was holding the bow in her hand. Right now the bow is simply put behind the hand.

In HM3 there is an option called "masking". If you mask the bow to Corona's hand' date=' it will look as if she was holding the bow in her hand. Right now the bow is simply put behind the hand.[/quote']

Many thanks, Legatus; that "masking" option will help a lot! There are a lot of options in HM3 I haven't puzzled out, so I've mostly been doing things the brute-force way, pulling my pics into PaintShop Pro and manipulating them directly. It works, more-or-less, but it lacks...finesse.