• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Major Tom

Re: Ape Name Needed

Taylor.

(Please dont make me tell you why :P)

Why not? You afraid that we'll go all maniac on you and blow you up if you do?

Major Tom :D

I've working om a cyborg gorilla crimelord' date=' and need a good name. Any suggestions?[/quote']Are you looking for a name to match a theme or will you do your theme to match your name? What kind of crime lord is he? 30's Gangster? Modern mafia? KGB-ish? Thug? African background? Are his cyborg parts obvious (such as an entire arm and half a head)? Or are they just "flavor"?

Without really knowing what you're looking for, Simeon (a real name and it sounds like simian, though simian refers to apes and monkeys) is the only name I can think of that is broad enough to cover all areas without specifying one.

Some borrowed names could be:

Grodd

Grape Ape

Big Man ("No one says the Big Man's real name, got it?") (Works best if he's introduced behind the scenes and it's not until the PCs first confrontation that they find out he's a gorilla.)

Are you looking for a name to match a theme or will you do your theme to match your name? What kind of crime lord is he? 30's Gangster? Modern mafia? KGB-ish? Thug? African background? Are his cyborg parts obvious (such as an entire arm and half a head)? Or are they just "flavor"?

Without really knowing what you're looking for, Simeon (a real name and it sounds like simian, though it refers to apes and monkeys) is the only name I can think of that is broad enough to cover all areas without specifying one.

:thumbup: "Simeon" is cool.

Make him a cyborg gorilla crime boss Houngan leading a Haitian Voodoo Posse gang. :D

Mr. Sprinkles

Seriously.

Maybe it was a name he was given as a baby gorilla by his kind hearted keeper until he was cruelly taken from them and turned into a super cyborg monster of a crime boss. Now he keeps the name in tribute to his young life and all he's lost.

Plus how humiliating for some thug to be schooled by someone name Mr. Sprinkles?! Their street cred would be GONE!

2d6 Drain: Repuatation Increased fade rate (+2) Only usable after "done schooling" target (-1).

All cribbed from Jammers faction of Shadowfist CCG

Leader Names

Battlechimp Potempkin

Brass Monkey

Che Gorilla

Doctor Zaius

Furious George

Orangotank

SAM Simian

Minions

Apes of Wrath