I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

I had this dream a couple of years ago. I didn't know how to describe one of the visuals, until I saw a photo, which is linked below.

I was walking next to a building, maybe a campus of some sort. Around the corner I heard the sound of footstep, perhaps a bunch of kids running. I decided I didn't want to encounter anyone, so I went into the building and climbed the stairs to the 2nd or 3rd floor.

I walked through a long hallway. As I reached the halfway point, I noticed the the windows were on the left-hand side, along with several steps and railings that looked like this staircase. On the right-hand side was a large grandfather clock with the sign that said "Do you know where you are?" I tried to get closer to inspect the clock and the railings, but for some reason I couldn't or wouldn't move.

Then I heard those running footsteps behind me....

I dreamt about a gaming buddy I haven't thought about in 20 years. He and I were close. His mother was a former nun before she left the Church to marry and be a mother. One day (my friend was 20 at the time) she upped and left and joined a pseudo-krishna cult in North Carolina. My buddy went to visit her and "make sure she's okay." We didn't hear from him for almost six months. When he came back he had scarlet died hair and was wearing scarlet contacts -- to match his "aura" -- and insisted his name was "Inundranandra." His behavior, and the entire situation, was surreal. In my dream Inundranandra -- with his red contacts in -- was wearing dressed like the godfather from the old godfather pizza commercials with a Bush 42 campaign pin on while working a hot dog stand in a crazy sex club filled with latex and pvc clad pervmeisters. He turned to me and offered me a hot dog and told me the dill relish with a dash of stone ground mustard matched my aura. I woke up to the sound of "ohm" resonating in my ears.

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. But then, for the record, I have a lot of feliniesque dreams.

Ehh, my last dream that I can still clearly remember was last week,  basically back in college, the dream "allowed" me to relive one of my many rejections by a member of the opposite sex at that time. (well not any actual female from then, so much as the general experience)

Is it normal to dream of being a completely different person?

On occasion I have dreamt of being a feral creature rending people asunder on the street with my claws, and a virtual character drawn in green vector graphics.

That probably doesn't answer your question though.

My dream last night included talking about D&D and HERO, buying a CD that turned out to be warped, and assisting in a homicide investigation. Notable guest stars were Arthur Conan Doyle as a crime reporter, Harry Houdini performing magic tricks involving fish to children on a school bus, and Lawrence Tibbett singing "On the Road to Mandalay."

Had a dream where i was a member of a band at a concert, and I was asked to help another band out because they  had lost one of their members. Then my boss came out in his band t-shirt and called for us (my regular band) to hit the stage. I grabbed my guitar and I woke up as we stepped out.

Note: I cannot play a musical instrument

CES 

I dreamt I was living in a big house with four of my wife. The pope was living under the stairs and popped his head out from behind a curtain Laugh-In style to snap "We never should have given all these religions economy" as I walked down the hall. I walked into my very anabaptist/lutheran ethos mothers room (she doesn't live with me), which looked like a victorian sitting room, and she said "never mind him, he's just grouchy today." Then the sales team from work trundled down the stairs in their jammies and went out to their trucks to head out for site visits. They rolled out really fast and made deep furrows in the lawn.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't see the actual midair collision but I glanced up in time to see the immediate aftermath through the expansive terminal windows: a shower of aeronautical debris, some of which was headed right for us.  Calmly I pushed the girl I was with into a side passage so that it would not hit us directly.  An instant later, screams and shattering glass as the debris penetrated the window; one small piece actually ricocheted into our side passage and struck me in the leg without effect.  I stepped back out to survey the damage--the giant windows were no more but there were no serious injuries among the other travelers.  The same could not be said for the occupants of the plane, of course, so I left the terminal through the shattered glass and began a sprint to where the remnants of one of the aircraft lay burning on the runway.

I've forgotten about this thread. Unfortunately I'm too busy to reconstruct this dream which I was "clever" enough to record enough to remember.

Soon, maybe.

Clue: "I was at a conference in Haiti. I was wearing an unusually Left Wing shirt. There was also a conference involving all the far right groups in Europe there...." The rest I would have to reconstruct, and Doctor Who is on TV.

• 2 weeks later...

This ranch where the Badger was staying was overrun by mongols and he had to help the families escape. It played over at least twice with different details before I woke up. At one point, one of the ranchers told another one he should be ashamed and jump from a cliff into a river.

CES 

Last night I dreamed I was an employee of Monster Hunter International. Though usually a research man (down in the archives, looking through tomes), I was on a field rotation (to keep my senses sharp). We didn't know what we were tracking, but we were loaded for bear and then some. Earl, Owen, Julie, and I were in formation going through a large basement with a lot of boxes. Earl was on point, Julie was back guard, Owen and I were side-by-side and between them (a diamond formation). My specific task was to figure out what we were up against. We knew it was big trouble.

"Find anything yet, Luke?" Earl asked.

"Not yet. It's not a vampire or werewolf, but there's still a lot it could be."

"That doesn't help much," Julie said.

"I'm still looking. They always leave clues somewhere."

"Like that?" Owen pointed at a scrap of paper on the floor. The rest of the basement had no litter anywhere. Everything was in boxes, so this stood out like a sore thumb.

"Good eye, Z," I said, picking up the paper. It was torn in half, and when I saw what I could, I was glad of that. "Nobody move. Keep calm. I know what we're up against."

"That being?" Earl and Julie asked at the same time.

I showed Julie the paper with half a yellow sigil. "Hastur. The King in Yellow."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Had a dream where I was a detective/reporter trying to help Robin Williams as another reporter. We discovered that someone had sent him the same cologne his character(?) wore and discovered his daughter (?) was missing. A side bit at the paper was a reporter's office was being haunted and one of the other reporters said he knew someone who knew someone who could get rid of the ghost.

My son woke me up before I could see how either situation resolved.

CES 

• 2 weeks later...

I had this dream where it was the future and all the world's problems had been solved. No more hunger, no more war. I was strolling around the block admiring some weird sculptures and watching people walk around or eat at a local cafe. It was really crowded, and everyone was dancing in the streets. I constantly had to dodge someone.

I thought it was pretty cool, but really chaotic. Then I must have somehow realized I was dreaming and reminded myself to post in this thread.

I often dream about places where I lived when I was younger. I was in my bedroom with my cat and she looked out the window. There was a high wooden wall where a rat was running across. My cat hissed and the rat got scared. It started running even faster, but it slipped and fell off the wall. I heard a high voice saying

"OH NO! AAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

I had been hoping that the rat would fall to its death, but I felt sorry for it when that happened.

The other night I dreamed that I was watching a TV show about some scientist. He seemed to get killed at one point. Then the background went foggy and a shadowy figure appeared. It was supposed to be the hero's father, long dead. I was expecting the old cliche where the father speaks to the son for a bit then sends him back.

Instead, the hero bared his teeth, showing fangs. He was a vampire! The father hissed back, showing his fangs. The son was afraid and hid in a coffin.

I remember feeling rather annoyed that it turned out to be a vampire flick. It was supposed to be a mystery without any supernatural elements.

Another dream I had that night was me looking through a glass door. There were a bunch of gadgets, one that flashed messages. It kept showing "Satan" whenever I looked at it.

• 1 month later...

I was in a house or building with some folks. I turned my head and saw a huge dragon's head from the window across the room. I talked to a guy whether we could shoot down a dragon that big with ICBM. But we decided it was a supernatural creature and may be resistant to nukes.

I found myself outside and saw the dragon had landed in an empty highway several yards away. I realized he wasn't that big after all. The dragon was facing away from me, and it walked down the highway.

Had quite a few dreams that just didn't make it in here because I haven't had time to type them up.  In the most recent, I used my own sniper rifle to take out a sniper who was targeting a playground.  I then ducked into a nearby bathroom to break down my weapon and change my outfit.  I took the handicapped stall to do this, but while I was in there some douchebag walked in and proceeded to have a long inane conversation on his cell phone.  I didn't want to be seen and I didn't want to kill the guy, so I was trapped in the handicapped stall.  It was incredibly irritating.

• 2 weeks later...

The Tenth Doctor made a cameo in my dream last night. Someone, maybe Captain Jack (or someone like him), received a paper that represented a weekend pass. The Doctor became very stand-offish, saying that pass wasn't so great. The Doctor grabbed the paper, stuck it against a brick wall, and used his sonic screwdriver on it. The paper became a dimensional portal of sorts. I watched the whole scene and wondered why the Doctor was acting like such a jerk. In any case, neither character made any more appearances here.

The scene shifted to an army training camp, where a sergeant-major was teaching a course, and His top student was a sergeant, but for some reason he couldn't get credit for the course. They started out as American, but quickly became British. They had to prevent some tragedy that happened during World War I. So I pushed the sergeant and the RSM through the dimensional portal and hopped in myself.

We ended up in a large, mostly empty building with large windows. There were few furnishings in the building aside from some low shelves, desks, and a couple of chairs. Outside was a field where some battle would take place. The soldiers began to do some work to prepare for the tragedy we were to prevent. I was about to go outside and scout the area, when I encountered two teenagers from the modern day, a boy and a girl. The boy said his cell phone didn't work here, and I explained that cell phones wouldn't work in 1917. I still had to scout the area outside, so I told the kids to hide behind the shelves and take cover if there was any trouble.