I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

Re: I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

I had a dream that my wife and I bought a house that was built into/on top of an old castle, which in turn had been built on ancient caves and tunnels. Part of the dream was exploring and mapping the castle and tunnels, then we closed a thick door between the house and the castle when it was time for bed so nothing came up out of the tunnels...

I had a fairly cohesive one last night, which was a whole And Then There Were None type thriller movie. In it I was Paul Bettany as a college Lit professor, and various students of mine (GaboureySidibe is the only celebrity I recall playing one of them, but I think they were all supposed to be actors & actresses) were being killed off in ways and locations that implicated me. Turned out several of my students were doing the killings as a frame job.

I had a daydream while stuck in traffic that I am trying to expand into a story or novel.

A courier is on the run from men in black appearing out of nowhere. He uses fancy moves to dodge around while the MIB fire indiscrimately after him. Finally he jumps across a veil and reaches home. They take his memories from his head to see what happened.

Then the traffic started moving.

CES

• 4 weeks later...

I had this short but weird dream about Obama and Romney. Except they appeared as Simpsons-style cartoons. Obama said something about jobs and pointed an accusatory finger. Romney responded by neighing like a horse and galloping away on all fours.

I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that gave several of you faces. I am sure that the faces are not correct, but I was sitting at a table discussing gaming, writing, and stories with DrHoz, Lucius, and McGinty's player. We were talking about ways to put the screws to characters and just keep turning up the heat.

It's probably true to life that when I told McGinty's player, "You are simply evil minded," that he took it as a compliment.

My visions of posters' faces usually blend in with their avatars (if they have one). Yes, I see Enforcer84 that way.

If no avatar, it probably depends on their name.

My visions of posters' faces usually blend in with their avatars (if they have one). Yes, I see Enforcer84 that way.

If no avatar, it probably depends on their name.

That would explain why Lucius had sandy-colored hair and Dr Hoz had a long beard.

Me: "Where's Captain Kirk?"

One of the few guys left in the huge hall gives me a funny look, and I remember Kirk hadn't even been there. Picard and Ryker had been, but I am still not remembering the latter's name.

"You know who I mean. Picard. Or King Arthur, he was here too. So much for the leadership of heroes. Or for that matter, anyone who had even a little officer's training in the Guard or Reserve! Sure, have an all-night victory celebration then everyone runs off to continue to party elsewhere with no one left on guard here. The Regular Army's still intact and they could hit us at any time."

Some skinny old bald guy comes up and asks me to help clean the place up. I start shoving a table towards the front, thinking maybe they are afraid to use the Regular Army against us because some soldiers, maybe even most, might balk at fighting their own citizens and defect to our side. I hope that's true.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that in the dream, I never thought to take charge myself and organize some kind of sentry picket, or for that matter, to go stand guard by myself. I just wondered where all the legendary heroes we'd called in from across time and space had got to and why they weren't taking care of us.

That would explain why Lucius had sandy-colored hair and Dr Hoz had a long beard.

Nah, Lucius looks like Joe Camel.......what?

Back to topic....

I dont remember most of the dream. But, I seemed to have acquired an 3D map of a 7 planet star system. Each planet seemed to have a different culture described in the map. I seem to remember we (I am guessing a military squad, as it had that vibe, but never was clear) were supposed to find a woman on the 5th planet who had needed information. After that I dont remember (except the 4th planet was controlled by some kind of mobile Venus fly trap creatures.)

I had a dream the other night. Spoilered for creepiness.

I was laying in my bed, and a crack appeared in the ceiling. At first I thought it was a line of spiders scurrying around, but no, it was particles of the ceiling being silently pulled through into a void, leaving a fissure in the ceiling maybe four feet long and six inches wide. A wet slithering from the other side, then slender tendrils dropped through, waving slowly in the still air. Silver nerves sheathed in mucus, they descended toward the bed, toward my warm, thinking body. Not to consume, I knew, but to invade, to slip through my skin and inhabit my body as an extension of whatever was on the other side of that jagged crack in my ceiling.

Once I could force myself to wake up and move, I sat there in bed staring at the ceiling for five minutes, making sure there was no crack or flaw.

• 4 weeks later...

The weirdest dream I had last night involved a ghost that appeared as a ball of light, but he had a very loud persistent laugh. I was in a garage with a couple of people. The ghost was in the car, since the inside started glowing, and he started laughing. I hid under a large desk near the garage door. The garage door was open, and all I had to do was crawl out to safety. But I found I couldn't move, as something was pressing down on my lower legs. Meanwhile, the ghost kept laughing, and I could tell he had gotten out of the car and was hovering somewhere near my hiding place.

Then I woke up. I was lying on my stomach, and one of my cats was sleeping on my legs.

I had one the other night where it was basically the Transformers: Animated Movie plot. (Particularly the battle of Autobot city) Except humans were acting as support troops for whatever reason. I dont know for sure who was helping the Autobots. But, it seemed the Decepticons were being helped by a VIPER nest. I do remember the leaders of the VIPER nest were twin teenage girls. The younger was the general more or less. She had a scar over her right eye. The older was in sometime kind of "sorceress" garb. And seemed to be some kind of witch. I also seemed to be involved as a Decepticon jet transformer except I was a human brain inside a transformer body. (think Autobot Spike episode except perfected a bit). I think I ended up kicking Smokescreen's @$$.

I think I ended up watching the end battle with Unicron with Ratbat and some unnamed VIPERs.

• 3 weeks later...

The Princess of the Raccoons was upset. In recent years, raccoons had gone from being one of the noblest of nature's creatures, to a joke. Wolves and bears and their like were the most powerful animals now. So she decided to revitalize her people by holding a contest. All the raccoons in the world would participate. She and her advisors had stolen a magical piece of red yarn, and had hidden it somewhere in the world; somewhere impossible to find. Whichever raccoon found it and brought it back would win fame and fortune and help grow his peoples' reputation once again.

I decided that the most impossible place to find would be the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the ocean, so I prepared a diving suit to help keep me warm in the icy depths, that was also as stylish as a raccoon could get. It looked like a pirate costume, covered in glittering gemstones. I somehow acquired perfluorocarbon to fill my diving suit with, so the pressures of the trench wouldn't crush me. My team were ready and willing to go, but we had to wait until the start time. I was getting anxious and eager to get started, and kept jumping the gun (which was getting the Princess upset).

Finally, they said that they had created a list of clues as to where the object was hidden. They put the list inside a bee's nest, to make it hard to get to. Fortunately, my team were all in diving suits so the bees didn't bother us. We got the list and were reading it over. Frankly, I didn't care what the list said; I was going to search the Marianas Trench and that was that.

A dream within a dream...

I was an FBI agent, tasked along with my partner to transport Dr. Hannibal Lector across the country. While we were having breakfast at a small diner, I told Dr. Lector I had an odd dream that night.

-----

I dreamed that I was an FBI agent who had brought in a notorious serial killer known as Dan the Animal, or Animal Dan. He was called this because of his habit of biting chunks off of his victims, and because he signed his letters to the police "Dan." His real name was Eric Smith Foley, and I had tracked him down and caught him. He had been put in a maximum security psycho ward, locked away in solitary confinement because he was judged to dangerous to have any contact with the outside world at all.

But Dan the Animal had a following in the outside world. A man broke into the facility to free him. I chase the man down and tackled him just before he got Dan's cell door open. I was infuriated with him! I knocked him to the ground, kicked him in the balls, punched his face until it was bloody, and then bit a chunk of his face off.

But it was too late. The man was just a distraction; while I was beating him, a woman dressed as a nurse opened the cell door and let Dan free. I tried to stop her, but Dan was already out. He glared at me with his animal eyes, and I backed off. I knew I was no match for Dan one-on-one; he would kill me. I had no choice but to let him escape and hope to catch up with him before he could kill again. After all, no one knew Dan better than I did -- I was the one who caught him in the first place.

Unfortunately, Dan was smarter than us. He managed to elude our dragnet. His first victim was a woman who had been in contact with him several times. She had written numerous books and articles about him. She had a rapport with him, as she was able to convince him to talk with her when he would talk with no one else. She had even sent him signed copies of her books. But Dan broke into her house and murdered her in the night. She had been 86 years old.

We had to stop him before he killed again, so we set a trap. I knew where he would go next, and we were waiting for him. In an abandoned building, I leapt out at him, a large hunting knife in my hand. He had a knife too, and the two of us slashed and dodged, trying to find an opening. A rookie cop, hearing the noise, came into the room. He had Dan right in his sights, and yelled, "Freeze!" Dan, without a second's hesitation, threw his knife into the cop's chest, killing him. I was so mad -- the cop had Animal Dan in his sights, and he yells at him? Why didn't he shoot? You only get one chance with Dan, and if you don't take it, you're dead!

-----

"Interesting," Dr. Lector told me. "Do you know why you dreamt this? It's because you, secretly, *are* Dan the Animal."

"No," I said, wary of what the doctor was telling me and knowing about his penchant for trying to get into peoples' heads. "Dan the Animal doesn't exist; there's never been a serial killer like that."

"Not exactly, no," Lector agreed. "But think about it. How easy would it be for an FBI agent who specialized in tracking down serial killers to be one? You know all of their habits, all of their methods, all of their psychosis. You could kill any number of people, and pin each murder on the serial killer of the week, and no one would be the wiser."

• 2 weeks later...

Someone comes to my house and offers to sell me a bag full of goods. I realize they've been stolen from my own house and briefly excuse myself to call 911. The operator tells me that 911 is only for unincorporated townships and refuses to help me so I go back and agree to pay 385 dollars for the return of all my stolen possessions. I look in my wallet and the first thing I find is a one thousand and ten dollar bill. Worried that the thieves will raise their demand if they see it, I quickly hide it and look for smaller bills but lose count when I nearly have enough. ANd when I recount, some of the bills have turned into random scraps of paper and leather even as the thieves crowd my house with more furniture than I ever owned.

I had another work related dream except everyone was mixed with star wars. I only remembered snippets when I woke up-

"Todd, there's a complaint on line 1"

=Force Choke=

"Not anymore."

"This pizza's cold."

=quick draw blaster shot=

"There you go, warmed up."

"C'mon kid. We have to make the Kessel Run."

And the store was a mix of regular and mos eisley cantina with the band in the corner.

CES