• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Super Transportation

For the hero who can't afford the above:

[...]

There are variants that use superpowers in the soruce-material. Especially the Aniem one pices was strong with that:

The electricity user Enel had a flying ship mayde mostly of gold, that somehow used his electricity powers to fly (but very little beyond starting it).

Captain Smoker was a Smoke-EP (not as lame as it sounds). And his bike (smoke cycle?) even used the smoke from his feet to move.

Then there is Ace, a Fire-EP and his personal ship (begins at 20 seconds)

And then there is this ice-guy that drives his completely normal bicycle over the ocean - on a small patch of frozen sea.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a Dynamaxion motor home. Nice.

I like the idea of a flying bridge--but what happens if it rains? It doesn't look like it could be covered up easily, and any tarp could be torn off driving at highway speeds, or by any strong wind.

Still, it's a nifty work of art. I'm impressed. :thumbup:

I like the idea of a flying bridge--but what happens if it rains? It doesn't look like it could be covered up easily, and any tarp could be torn off driving at highway speeds, or by any strong wind.

What if the tarp is made from the baby blanket found in the rocket that carried you to Earth?

Same thing you do in a boat with a flying bridge. You drive it from the inside.

It does look spiffy though.

• 2 weeks later...

Batplane

Val Char Cost

20 STR 10

18 DEX 24

20 CON 20

12 BODY 4

18 INT 8

11 EGO 2

20 PRE 10

18 COM 4

8 PD 4

6 ED 2

4 SPD 12

8 REC 0

40 END 0

32 STUN 0

Total Characteristics Cost: 100 Points

Cost Skills

3 Acrobatics 13-

2 AK: Gotham City 11-

6 Combat Luck +3 rPD +3 rED

2 CSL: EB +1

1 Bump of Direction, OIF[bulky]: Batplane (-1)

3 Navigation [Air] 13-

3 Systems Operation 13-

Total Skills Cost: 20 Points

Cost Powers

22 Armor +10 rPD +10 rED, Use Simult (+1/2), OIF[bulky]: Batplane (-1)

22 DEX +12, Use Simult (+1/2), NFC (-1/2), OIF[bulky]: Batplane (-1)

12 EC [batplane]-25 Points, OIF[bulky]: Batplane (-1)

12 1) EB 10d6, [16c] (-0)

11 2) Flight 10", No END Persistent (+1), Variable Advantates (+1/2), Megascale or Use Underwater Only (-1/4)

12 3) STR +15, No END Persistent on 35 STR (+1)

18 ES: HRRP, 360 Degree Radar, UV Sight, OIF[bulky]: Batplane (-1)

3 Flash Defense [sight] 5 Points, Use Simult (+1/2), OIF[bulky]: Batplane (-1)

4 KNB Resist -4", Use Simult (+1/2), OIF[bulky]: Batplane (-1)

14 LS: High Pressure, High Radiation, Intense Cold, Intense Heat, Low Pressure/Vacuum, Self Contained, Use Simult (+1/2), OIF[bulky]: Batplane (-1)

Total Powers Cost: 130 Points

Total Cost: 250 Points

150+ Disadvantages

5 DNPC: Alfred Pennyworth (Useful Normal) 8-

10 DNPC: Jim Gordon (Unaware Useful Normal) 8-

5 Hunted: Catwoman (As Powerful/Mild) 8-

10 Hunted: Joker (As Powerful) 8-

20 Normal Characteristics Maxima

20 PsyL: Code Versus Killing (Common/Total)

20 PsyL: Obsessed with Crimefighting (Very Common/Strong)

10 SocL: Secret Identity [bruce Wayne] (Occasionally/Major)

Total Disadvantages Cost: 250 Points

I've never liked the vehicle rules, so I created this Batplane built around the character. This is part of a Multiform I have for Bruce Wayne. The Batplane is a hypersonic fighter capable of carrying Batman and another passenger. It had an autopilot (No END Persistent on Flight), and is armed with 16 Batmissiles, and has a ECM suit (DEX +12 that gives Batman OCV 10 DCV 5 with the OIF Bulky).

• 2 weeks later...

OK here is my current teamp super transport.

Doesn't look very super?

This is the stealth option. In this mode it looks like any White SUV you may see on most highways.

But imagine you are travelling down the highway in your normal white SUV and up front you have a whole highway of red break lights coming on and you have to step on the break!

And this very similar white SUV next to you suddenly changes. Flashing lights suddenly rise out of the roof. The plain white side and bonnet has the logo of UNTIL and the local super hero group on it (~Disguise skill with options for different logo's and number plates).

Then a small hatch appears on the roof and out crawls a small dragon who waves at you and also flashes different colours to attract even more attention (shape changing hero with chamelion powers). This small dragon starts to flap its wings and you think this small creature could never lift a several ton SUV. Then in an instance the small dragon becomes a giant blue dragon who then lifts the SUV from the ground and accelerates at high speed over the now slowing trafic, breathing out a cone of fire and roaring as she does it just to catch the attention of everyone else in the traffic jam.

While this is happening the window on the SUV is wound down and the other members of the hero group wave as they leave the traffic behind.

This is when the kids in the back say "super cool transport, can we have one like that!".

I couldn't find a picture of that ;).

The 1948 Buick Streamliner

cool-car-design-3.jpg

Just the thing for your Golden Age Caped Crimebuster to pursue his foes in style!

"Gallopin' Golly! That's the niftiest car I've ever seen!"

"She's also faster than anything else on the road, Ol' Chum! A car would need jet engines to have a chance to outrace her! Want to go for a ride?"

"Oh Boy, DO I!!!"

Me too, actually. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...