Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

Re: Foods for those that just don't care anymore

Leeks are great in potato soup' date=' but I'm not too sure about them as a pizza topping in combination with bacon & eggs.[/quote']

I think they'd probably work pretty well. I haven't done much with leeks, but I'm about to do a pizza this week, so maybe I'll do some experiments. Basically, instead of using green onions, which work well enough.

I'll let someone else try the bacon & egg, but that certainly looked like canadian bacon which is pretty standard.

I do wonder when the egg is added. Since it's still runny, probably close to the end. (maybe seperate?)

Hmm, looking at the photo, where are the leeks? The green looks like parsley (or cilantro) to me. Though if it's sliced stalk, that would blend with the cheese.

Amato's Godfather Italian sandwich: featuring 3/4 pound each of six meats (mortadella, Cotto salami, hard salami, bone-in ham, capicola, and pepperoni) all grilled and topped with four cheeses (hot pepper, Mozzarella, Provolone and American), olive salad, and roasted red peppers, served inside toasted Italian twist bread.

03-The-Godfather-Sandwich-Graham-Ave-Meats-Deli.jpg

The Unforgiven: Two half pound burger patties topped with bacon' date=' cheese, a deep fried chicken breast, an egg, lettuce, tomato, and onion strings, a mound of fries, and six ghost pepper chicken wings. [/size']

tumblr_lrs8xvTP171qcn3o7o1_1280-560x400.jpg

I am unsure how one would "top" a burger with chicken wings. Even boneless wings is odd, wouldn't they just roll off (much like in the picture)?

The Grand Sicilian Mountain Pie: 12-14 incredible pounds of -thick 16” crust, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, sausage and hamburger, covered with cheese

Works for me. Then again, it's frightening how often I've watched "Man vs. Food" and thought the same thing.

The Grand Sicilian Mountain Pie: 12-14 incredible pounds of -thick 16” crust, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, sausage and hamburger, covered with cheese

5530778003_9e0bb83a94.jpg

Yum! I'd get that, although I'd add garlic to the mix.

Okay, THAT I'm down for as-is.

(My wife would need the mushrooms removed; she doesn't like mushrooms.)

I, on the other hand, love mushrooms. They're my favorite pizza topping.

My homemade mac and cheese just came out of the oven. I'm going to let it sit for a few minutes. It's not especially health -- it was made with penne, three cups of Sharp Cheddar and Colby Jack cheese, topped with more cheddar and featured two Chili Cheese smoked sausages and my last Hebrew National hot dog. (It is definitely non-kosher -- my understanding of the kosher food code is that you never add meat of any kind to a dish made with milk or cheese).