Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

7 minutes ago, Grailknight said:

Setting up cameras on the path to the bathroom could be amusing but also disgusting.

Took it for 3, 4 years or so...dropped once the blood sugar was consistently very good.  Never had any such issues.  But then, mine was the min dose.

Why didn't you weigh the water BEFORE you heated it?  And BTW, yeah, I always preheated the water, for siphon or moka pot.

I played around with a siphon brewer.  One issue was, once finished...the coffee was already just warm.  

Also note there's a fair bit of waste.  Plus...I wonder if there's gonna be any metallic taste?  The boil/serve chamber, the siphon tube gets used both ways.

Cleanup...after a while, that siphon tube is gonna need cleaning.  Not fun there.  

Last thought...betcha this pup's PRICEY.  With all that brass?  Amazon actually has several;  they're around $150.  Well, OK, the k-cup types aren't that much less, are they?  But here, it's for awkward, slow, and (in my experience anyway) mediocre brew.  

21 minutes ago, IndianaJoe3 said:

Some will evaporate in the heating process, so measuring afterwards is preferred.

The amount is negligible, unless you leave it to boil for a considerable period.  That's a bad idea anyway.

OK...I'll qualify that.  It may well depend on HOW you heat your water.  I did find some advice along the lines you mention...they mention losing an ounce of water when boiling a cup, but I gotta ask how they boiled.  If zapping in the micro, with a glass measuring cup?  I never see anything like that.  Or anywhere CLOSE.  I use an induction burner now, with a steel gooseneck kettle. 

On 6/11/2022 at 8:43 PM, Logan.1179 said:

FU72ykaWYAAhnRU?format=jpg&name=large

One of the youtubers I watch tried this last night. The main word she kept using was "confusing." Mostly she kept laughing at a loss for words. 

It had what looked like a pool of mustard, not the expected ribbon. With the sweetness she was reminded of honey mustard. In the end, it was not the worst of the exotic flavors she tasted. 

She did not convince me to try it. But she did convince me to try another flavor from the company. 

a6befaac-7983-4721-801a-dba000ae8596.ba5

Now that flavor looks tasty!

Meanwhile...

...has anyone here ever sampled kangaroo meat before?
We tried the Agave & Rye in Columbus last week and one of their taco options has kangaroo (The Big Jumper). Had to try it. Not bad, though the majority of that particular taco is made up of a mac & cheese beignet. But kangaroo reminded me a bit like skirt steak.

2 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

One of the youtubers I watch tried this last night. The main word she kept using was "confusing." Mostly she kept laughing at a loss for words. 

It had what looked like a pool of mustard, not the expected ribbon. With the sweetness she was reminded of honey mustard. In the end, it was not the worst of the exotic flavors she tasted. 

She did not convince me to try it. But she did convince me to try another flavor from the company. 

a6befaac-7983-4721-801a-dba000ae8596.ba5

That one's not on their site right now. looks like they rotate, presumably regularly.  

This one sounds, and looks, awesome.

https://vanleeuwenicecream.com/product/raspberry-layer-cake/

The ingredients list is...oh my.  Cream, milk, sugar, eggs, tapioca syrup, red raspberries.  So it should definitely be GOOD STUFF.  Everything they're showing looks yummy;  no, that mustard abomination isn't there. :) They've got an Earl Grey Tea;  even that's likely to be tasty, if the tea flavor's not too strong.  

I think I'm extremely glad there isn't one anywhere NEAR me....