Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

On 6/3/2022 at 11:34 AM, unclevlad said:

I'd also wonder if you're effectively shutting down your sense of taste from the overload.  

It does seem to me that trying a second time shortly thereafter would unfairly benefit from his taste buds still being shocked from the first attempt. Of course I've never actually tried swallowing a lit piece of charcoal, so I don't know how that process works, exactly.

6 hours ago, L. Marcus said:

But licorice is ambrosia!!

I was wondering when you would chime in!

This is mom's latest experiment, Extra Salty Starfish Licorice Dutch Super Sea Salty Stars. She said the salt has slowed her down, which is probably good so it will make them last longer. "But I'm starting to enjoy the pain."

Then I found her washing some off, so take that as you will. 

71I+L1MH80L._SY679_.jpg

Mother, the woman who raised me, the one that I took in years ago, the one that I told about this abomination in the first place. 

Well, now I can say that I have tried it.

I can see why most reviewers are at a loss for words. I actually got hints of... gingerbread?? It was very odd, but not mustardy. But I only ate three spoons. Mom ate nearly half but gave up when it started to taste like mustard. I took that as my clue to try so little. Wasn't god-awful as anticipated, but I couldn't really enjoy it because I kept expecting the worst. We threw out just about a half full container. 

But I tried it! 

Angry Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

On 6/23/2022 at 7:57 AM, Logan.1179 said:

Mother, the woman who raised me, the one that I took in years ago, the one that I told about this abomination in the first place. 

Well, now I can say that I have tried it.

I can see why most reviewers are at a loss for words. I actually got hints of... gingerbread?? It was very odd, but not mustardy. But I only ate three spoons. Mom ate nearly half but gave up when it started to taste like mustard. I took that as my clue to try so little. Wasn't god-awful as anticipated, but I couldn't really enjoy it because I kept expecting the worst. We threw out just about a half full container. 

But I tried it! 

Angry Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

You should have split a banana, added a frankfurter, and three scoops for a doggy split!

On 6/23/2022 at 12:58 PM, Logan.1179 said:

I prefer the Doge-cakes.....lol

Stone Brewing owners sell to Sapporo of Japan.

Kind of the end of an era;  Stone was very much at the forefront of the craft revolution.  More recently, tho, they've been running through some very hard times.  They hired a CEO a couple years ago...who had come over from managing the sale of the last brewery where she was CEO.

Remains to be seen what this is going to do to their product lineup;  it's been...weird...for several years.