The Greatest American Hero

Patriot

Re: The Greatest American Hero

Other team members would include Puma Man' date=' Wonder Woman, the Six Million Dollar Man, Manimal, The Invisible Man, the Man from Atlantis, Shazam, and Isis. Maybe throw in Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, the Green Hornet and Kato, and the Adam West & Burt Ward Batman and Robin.[/quote']

You forgot Automan.

I ran a version of that character during my first Champions campaign back in the 80's. Name was Kaptain Hero, high STR but with a high activation roll.

One phase I tried to pick up a crashed school bus. I made my roll and lifted it up over my head while my low STR, low PD/ED team mate climbed down into the crater to rescue the inured school kids. All this happened as the press arrived at the scene and started to roll cameras. Great PR for the super team, right?

Very next phase I biffed my STR roll and dropped the bus back on top of the kids, trapping my team mate in the process. Later in the session, after the evening news crucified the super team over the air, the other characters kicked Kaptian Hero out of the super group, sent out a press release disavowing any association with Kaptain Hero.

When the gaming session was over the other players forbid be from ever playing that character again. The player who got the school bus droped on her character took Kaptain Hero's character sheet and tore it in half in front of me, the GM and the other players.

I still have both halves of that character sheet, and look back on that session as one of the most fun gaming sessions I've ever had.

I ran a version of that character during my first Champions campaign back in the 80's. Name was Kaptain Hero, high STR but with a high activation roll.

One phase I tried to pick up a crashed school bus. I made my roll and lifted it up over my head while my low STR, low PD/ED team mate climbed down into the crater to rescue the inured school kids. All this happened as the press arrived at the scene and started to roll cameras. Great PR for the super team, right?

Very next phase I biffed my STR roll and dropped the bus back on top of the kids, trapping my team mate in the process. Later in the session, after the evening news crucified the super team over the air, the other characters kicked Kaptian Hero out of the super group, sent out a press release disavowing any association with Kaptain Hero.

When the gaming session was over the other players forbid be from ever playing that character again. The player who got the school bus droped on her character took Kaptain Hero's character sheet and tore it in half in front of me, the GM and the other players.

I still have both halves of that character sheet, and look back on that session as one of the most fun gaming sessions I've ever had.

Apparently, the Kaptain's EX-teammates disagreed.

It seems like the other players were kind of jerks about something that happened in a game (the in game consequences were fine but the OOC stuff sounds kind of over the top and childish). The GM allowed the character, the mechanics were followed and Limitations are supposed to be, well, limiting.

I mean I wasn't there and it could have all bee in a good fun but that's the impression I got.

• 1 year later...

I'd restrict it to those whose shows aired by 1983, then have them team up for the first time to fight the aliens from the original V miniseries. So the team would be:

Ralph, the Greatest American Hero

Manimal

Automan

Wonder Woman

Bionic Man and Woman

Incredible Hulk

Man from Atlantis

Isis

(I'd skip Captain Marvel so as not to steal Ralph's thunder - maybe Billy Batson is already in a food pod and requires rescue?)

Michael Knight and KITT

Electra Woman and Dynagirl (I'd probably say that Batman and Robin, having already been active for some time in 1966, had retired in the 1970s)

Not sure if the Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man somehow in possession of the Marveler/Leopardon would fit in well with the team or not...

What, no Johnny B Good or any of the other Misfits of Science? What about Kwai Chang Caine? Jamie Summers? The Master (Lee Van Cleef as a white Ninja master-haha)? Clark Kent (Smallville version)? The Flash?

No Bo & Luke Duke????

Ah . . . ElectraWoman and DynaGirl. Don't remember who played DynaGirl, but I do remember that ElectraWoman was played by long-time soap star Deidre Hall. Man, could she fill that suit out in all of the right places or what?!! Good God!

:eg:

Some character mentioned in this thead:

Dynagirl - http://home.comcast.net/~mathewignash/csdynagirl.html

Electrawoman - http://home.comcast.net/~mathewignash/cselectrawoman.html

KITT - http://home.comcast.net/~mathewignash/cskitt.html

Smallville's Clark Kent - http://home.comcast.net/~mathewignash/csclark.html

• 1 year later...

Other team members would include Puma Man' date=' Wonder Woman, the Six Million Dollar Man, Manimal, The Invisible Man, the Man from Atlantis, Shazam, and Isis. Maybe throw in Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, the Green Hornet and Kato, and the Adam West & Burt Ward Batman and Robin.[/quote']

I've got a similar campaign using just TV superheroes from the '60s and '70s: Batman & Robin, Wonder Woman, Incredible Hulk, Spider-Man, Shazam!, Isis, and Captain America. So awesome to just use the abilities the TV versions had, so Wonder Woman can just lift a car, Batman & Robin have a hard time handling 6 thugs in a fistfight, and Captain America's shield is made from "Jet Age Plastics" and he has enhanced hearing and what not like in the TV movie. I find these version a lot more fun than the overpowered modern versions in comics and movies.

Flight' date=' Clairsentience, high STR, the suit would probably act like an armor of some kind, because he always covered his head when they would shoot at him. Invisibility.[/quote']

Since he never got shot in the face there's no way of knowing whether the suit's material had to cover his skin or if he just instinctively covered himself. After all, he lost the manual, why risk it?