TV Teen Titans

Michael Hopcroft

I know how multipowers work and all, but the numbers didn't seem to add up in this one. I had erroneously jumped to the conclusion that you had made a mistake. :(

I was concerned that the STR seemed to fill up the entire multipower reserve (50 str * 1/4 advantage = 62 points = total amount of reserve) and was an ultra slot (as you noted) so if you ever wanted to use any of the other slots you would be left with your base str (which you had sold down to zero).

If this is a game for younger kids, then frameworks in general are probably more complex than is needed. Moving everything out as you suggested is probably the way to go.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another Cyborg

Cyborg

Characteristics

Disadvantages

50 STR 0

20 DEX 30

23 CON 26

13 BOD 6

20 INT 10

10 EGO 0

15 PRE 5

14 COM 2

20 PD 10

18 ED 13

5 SPD 20

15 REC 0

46 END 0

50 STN 0

= 122

10 Vulnerability: x2 STUN from

20 Vulnerability: electricity x2 from NND

10 Phys lim: cyborg parts

10 Dist feat: cyborg

30 Hunted: Terminator (8-)

35 Hunted: HIVE (8-)

11 DNPC: Sarah Simms (normal girlfriend)

= 126

Powers32 +40 STR; IIF cyborg parts, -1/4

30 Multipower; OAF detachable parts, -1

3u 12d6 EB (sonic)

3u 4d6 RKA (laser)

3u 3d6 Flash (sight); AE radius, +1 6 END

30 8"x2 NC Stretch; 0 END, +1/2; OAF detachable parts, -1

27 50% P/E Damage Reduction; 14- act., -1/2

64 +80" superleap; IIF cyborg parts

14 +7" running

4 UV vision; IIF

4 IR vision; IIF

2 +2 telescopic vision; IIF cyborg

20 0 END on STR; IIF

6 +4 telescopic "parabolic" hearing

15 Climbing, 19-

5 Computer programming, 14-

10 +1 overall level

= 272 (Total: 394 character points, 126 in disadvantages)

Originally posted by Agent X

Couldn't Slade be Slade Wilson, Deathstroke the Terminator, with some bizarre fixation tied in to the death of his son? There isn't a whole lot to go on to guessing what they are up to as there isn't much actually going on besides fights in the show right now.

I don't watch the show, mainly because I hate the anime-style art of the show (and the massacre of characters like Slade). Then again, in the comics, Slade Wilson was taken over by the spirit of his son Joe (the one who was the titan, who went really, really, bad) - so now he's gone to be a pretty bad guy. As himself, he was an assassin and mercenary, but he had standards and a code of honor. Now they have him watching the arena fights that Roulette stages (JSA), and generally being more evil. Don't like it myself, since Slade was a favorite character of mine, and seeing the glimpses of him (assuming that they are using the same character) in the cartoon is just too much. If they are using Slade from the comics, then his evil, insane actions are explained by his possession.

edit - after being a titan, Joe Wilson went mad, became a supervillain, killed lots of people, and was killed by Slade. Supposedly Joe was possessed himself (or something like it, I can't remember and haven't dug out that arc in a while), but if he came back now, he'd have a big grudge against the titans. Slades other son had a contract to kill the titans, but was himself killed while fighting them. Slade then took up that contract, putting him in opposition to the titans. Joe joining them and Slade becoming (somewhat) friends with some of the titans (gar in particular) happened later.

I think that my greatest complaint with the animated "Teen Titans" is what they did to "Starfire". In the comics she has always been a voluptuous, supermodel type with very long red curly hair. In the cartoon she is a skinny, naive , hippy with straight hair that barely reaches her shoulders ! I think that I would also have liked to have "Wonder Girl" in the cartoon as well, but after the way they treated "Wonder Girl"/"Troia" in the comic i'm not sure that I could look at her again !

• 4 weeks later...

Re: TV Teen Titans

Actually, I don't think Raven would cost that much; at least, not with what powers she's displayed so far...

Telekinesis

Flight

Desolidification

PRE Attack (i.e. what she did to poor Dr Light :P )

...and that's it, so far. I suppose you could make a case for her mirror, but even that wouldn't be too pricey (I think).

-Yogzilla

Where does she demonstrate Desolidification in the show?

Where does she demonstrate Desolidification in the show?

In the pilot episode, she rises through the roof of Titans Tower in a big black shadow. However, that could conceivably be teleportation.

Also, her Telekinesis would be BOECV, and she'd have a reasonably powerful Mind Scan, reasoning from about 10 seconds prior in the same episode, when her TK grabs somebody and drags them up to the roof through the elevator shaft. There'd also be some naked advantages and increased power on her TK with Incantations. I'd say doing this also has RSR Power: Shadowkinesis, because she requires emotional clarity and has a tendency to get interrupted in the middle a lot (taking an extra phase to improve the roll, I suppose...).

• 1 year later...

Seems that I am always a day late and a dollar short. Tonight I have been doing a lot of thinking about the Teen Titans and searched out this old thread. It looks like there were once a lot of cool write-ups that I would have loved to grab. But alas... Too late once again.:weep:

There was an episode of Static Shock that guest-starred Batman.

Static: Where's Robin?

Batman: He's with the Titans.

Static:Who?

Batman: You'll meet them someday.

Static Shock was in modern continuity with Batman/Superman-style art, so that Robin was Tim.

a bit off topic: I hate hate hate hate that they keep dragging Static Shock into the JLU shows.....

As far as Robin being Dick or Tim I will give the 2 pieces of evidence that make me think that it is Dick.

1: In the episode that Starfire went forward in time Robin had become Nightwing which is Dick Grayson only.

2: In an episode where he starts flashing back to things he had experienced before one of the images is of a Circus trapeeze from the acrobats point of view.

As far as Robin being Dick or Tim I will give the 2 pieces of evidence that make me think that it is Dick.

1: In the episode that Starfire went forward in time Robin had become Nightwing which is Dick Grayson only.

2: In an episode where he starts flashing back to things he had experienced before one of the images is of a Circus trapeeze from the acrobats point of view.

And don't forget that when they meet the impish alternate dimension Robin in "Fractured", he gives his name as Nosyarg Kcid. Our Robin just calls him Larry, but it's actually a pretty good clue as to who Robin really is.

They recently finished off the fourth season (has it been four seasons already) with their take on the "Trigon Enters the Physical World" storyline. I don't have cable right now, so I am hoping people will inldulge me by sending me episodes, but I did get to see one of the foreshadowing episodes when visiting a friend.

It's lovely that even demonic posession does not make Slade any less cold, calculating and even-minded even as he enters the service of the closest thing the Animacted DC Universe has to an active Satan figure. God, Slade chills my blood every time I see him. I love it. Ron Perlman is a god among voice actors!

a bit off topic: I hate hate hate hate that they keep dragging Static Shock into the JLU shows.....

Aw, I like Static, even though the hip-hop tinged dialogue and music are going to date badly.

Besides, Dwayne McDuffie, Static's creator, has been doing a LOT of the JLU writing duties (and quite well, I might add), so I don't mind if he toots his own horn a little.

Also, has Static actually been in more than 2 JLU eps? (The two-part Time Thief story.)