Who's dead in the Marvel/DC universe?

Guardian

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by death tribble

There is still oodles of dead to add to this list.

I thought that in Thunderbirds as well that Baron Zemo 2 was dead.

Loki. Killed by Thor in Thor 475.

Kangeroo is dead (Spiderman).

The original Hobgoblin (if it was Ned Leeds)

Thunderbolts.

Techno saved Zemo's mind electronically, much like he did to himself. It was then transferred into various bodies, ending up in the unscarred body of Zemo's Counter-Earth duplicate.

Thor 475 dealt with the High Evolutionary and the Godpack. You may be thinking of 432, when Thor destroyed Loki and Odin "dispersed" him as punishment, leading Erik Masterson to become Thor. Loki's body was destroyed and his spirit was imprisoned in Mephisto's realm, but he got better.

Kangaroo appeared (without explanation) as an inmate in a secret super-prison in a Wolverine story. He also appeared in Spider-Man's Tangled Web 16-17, set in the same prison. The Spot did die at the end of the stoty however.

Leeds wasn't the Hobgoblin. The Hobgoblin Lives limited series revealed that he was a brainwashed pawn of the real Hobgoblin, like Lefty Donovan when he was used to test the refined Goblin formula. The second Hobgoblin, Jason Macendale, formerly Jack-O-Lantern, is dead though. The original Hobgoblin blasted him to ashes in his prison cell.

Hah... and actually the cowboy Vigilante *was* the original, not Adrian Chase.

He was a member of the Seven Soldiers of Victory, along with Shining Knight and others.

But if he isn't dead he should be, since he was a hero in the 1940s...

/obscure All-Star Squadron reference.

Originally posted by MrWolf

He was a member of the Seven Soldiers of Victory, along with Shining Knight and others.

But if he isn't dead he should be, since he was a hero in the 1940s...

Not really because him and the other 7 Soldiers became time-lost, being rescused by the combined JlA and JSA, one of the few hold overs of Pre-Crisis storytelling.

History of the DC Universe

The war was over and with it began the decline of the latest Heroic Age. The Law's Legionnaires (aka 7 Soldiers from the pic) formed before the war, came to an end when one of their teammates, Wing, sacrificed his life to defeat the entity known as the Nebula Man. The other heroes were dispersed throughout time, only to be rescused many years later by the combined forces of the Justice Society of American and one of the later-formed Justice Leagues.

Originally posted by ChaosDrgn

Not really because him and the other 7 Soldiers became time-lost, being rescused by the combined JlA and JSA, one of the few hold overs of Pre-Crisis storytelling.

Still got retconned. Wing became a retroactive Soldier, and they added Alias the Spider (since they couldn't use Green Arrow and Speedy). This came out in the Shade miniseries, if I recall correctly.

I have the complete run of Vigilante and am sure that Peacemaker survived the series. He did guest and kill one of the the three Vigilantes who died during the run. The original was Chase and he was the last one to die. Suicide.

The (DC) Suicide Squad killed quite a few. The Thinker was killed by the Weasel who was killed by the person wearing the Thinker's helm. Multiplex was killed by the Parasite. Mindblower was killed by DCs verson of Jihad. I think Psi was the name of another casualty. Partly as a rejig on characters following the Crisis.

The original Killer Frost, Crystal Frost, died fighting Firestorm.

The Monitor and Anti-Monitor died during the Crisis.

In the Marvel Universe, Modok is dead. The Melter was killed by Scourge and was perhaps the biggest name to fall to him.

Death Adder was the other. The Executioner was another victim and it was claimed that the Scourge Captain America met was related to the Executioner (note: not the Asgardian god but a gunman in a blue and white suit). The Fly was another victim.

Mind you it is hard to tell with Darkseid's servants as he can blast them to bits and then recreate them.

I have the complete run of Vigilante and am sure that Peacemaker survived the series. He did guest and kill one of the the three Vigilantes who died during the run. The original was Chase and he was the last one to die. Suicide.

Whoops. I guess I had it turned around. I've got the complete run as well, but haven't flipped through it in ages.

Originally posted by Enforcer84

Marvel is what I know best:

1. Mar_Vell

2. Thunderbird

3. Colossus

4. Swordsman I

5. Mockingbird

6. Unus the Untouchable

7. Shapechanger? Guy who dies masqurading as Prof X

8. Oddles of badies killed by Scourge

Titania I, Letha, Vamp, Enforcer, Bluestreak, Mirage, Firebrand I, others I cannot remember)

The Vamp was revealed to be alive in an issue of Deadpool. There was one other villain who escaped the massacre in the Bar with No Name, but I cannot remember who it was.

Acroyear II

Originally posted by Blue

Iron Fist died in Powerman & Ironfist... issue 75 I think (Last issue anyway). I'm going to guess that he's since been brought back or that someone else has his powers now.

It was revealed that the Iron First killed in issue #75 was a clone (don't you hate when that happens?). The real one was trapped in (or visiting) some mystical city.

Acroyear II

Originally posted by Acroyear II

It was revealed that the Iron First killed in issue #75 was a clone (don't you hate when that happens?). The real one was trapped in (or visiting) some mystical city.

Acroyear II

Actually he was one of the evil plant men who periodically threatened K'un-L'un (the mystic city) transformed into a duplicate of Iron Fist. And the terminally ill super-human child who killed him was actually the Super-Skrull, magically brainwashed by Iron Fist's enemy, the wizard Master Khan.

Some of these are listed prior- but these are some of the most interesting for me in the Prime Realities of Marvel X-Men

Colossus (alive in the Ultimate universe - should be back any month now in regular)

his sister Magik (a current Exile, but that does not count)

Cyper (who is not Douglocke) - I have no idea how you would use him, but hey -he is going to stay dead.

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

I thought I heard that his son has taken up his mantle. Anyone correct me on that? :confused:

Two of his sons followed in his footsteps. One of them became Grimhunter and was killed by Kaine in that god awful Spider Clone era. The other one, Aloshya I belive his name is, basically became a mirror image of his dear old dad.

Originally posted by Twilight

Two of his sons followed in his footsteps. One of them became Grimhunter and was killed by Kaine in that god awful Spider Clone era. The other one, Aloshya I belive his name is, basically became a mirror image of his dear old dad.

Except that he's a part-time hero instead of a villain. He has accepted that his father was insane and sees no reason to follow in his footsteps. He knows Spider-Man's secret identity and the two of them have actually become friends.

Plus his mother was a mutant and he has powers too. Essentially another wannabe-Wolverine, superhuman senses and accelerated healing, but the characterization definitely saves him from being just a Wolverine clone though.

Other Marvel dead include

Zuras of the Eternals;

Thunderbolt Ross (for the Hul fans)

Zuras came back in an Eternals 1-shot that had him reclaim the throne of Olympia and renew the Eternal isolationism. Icaris rebelled and left with several other Eternals who accidently ended up establishing themselves as a hero team on the West Coast. Nothing else has been done with it though.

General Ross was revived by the combination of the Leader's resurrection machine (the one that was used to revive Marlo) and "Soul Man", one of the Gamma Town mutates. He was active in Hulk before the current "on the road" stories began. Betty Ross is probably still dead though. After the Abomination poisoned her, General Ross put her corpse in a cryo-preservation chamber. That's where she was last seen.