The unofficial: I Have 6th edition thread

JmOz

I have noticed a number of people telling how they now have 6th edition, so thought I would start a thread just to have them all in one place

I got my CD with them on it today. It was purchased for me at Gencon by a couple of friends of mine, but I only got to connect with them today. I will be loading it into my laptop in a few minutes and watch some tv while doing a quick scan tongiht

Re: The unofficial: I Have 6th edition thread

Had them within a couple of hours of the Books + PDFs "Megabundle" appearing on the Online Store listings :D

Printed the PDFs out yesterday on my monochrome laser printer (as my colour laser does not do double-sided printing).

They should come with an ink/toner "health warning" - out of a (nominally) 5000-page capacity toner cartridge, the two PDFs combined used up 44% (= 2200 so-called 'normal' pages :eek:).

Comb-binding that lot was somewhat tedious - 824 pages punched (8 pages at a time... :() and 2x16mm and 2x12mm combs filled. Adds up to a nice pile of reading matter for me to wade through :).

[i just had to have a hard copy and it will be a good few weeks before I get the printed books in my grubby mitts as there will be the"printing + shipping + customs + shipping + customs + shipping" factor involved with getting the books off the ship from China and to my good self in the UK.]

I am now porting the updated 6e HD .jar file to all 6 of my machines (though the most important 2 - the main desktop and the netbook - have already been 'done').

Retrieved the package from my agents this very evening - have yet to examine the disk. I think they were actually picking up copies for a couple of us - she said that when they picked it up on Saturday there were only 5 copies left; so I may have gotten lucky.

I also bought the mega-bundle on Wed. I have only had a chance to skim through them so far. It seems easier to read somehow' date=' whether from having more familiarity or from the additional white space of 6e.[/quote']

I agree and I've been playing since 4th edition. Something about the new layout makes Hero 6e seem almost simple.

I picked up the books+PDFs bundle late Wednesday Night. Skimmed them a bit, but am waiting to read them at home on my 23" monitor instead of my 15" Powerbook screen.

If I wasn't so busy at BlizzCon and being tired during the evenings, I would be working on a ton of 6e Projects. Those will wait till I get home :D

Tasha

My CDs arrived Wednesday, courtesy of a friend who went to GenCon. I finished book 1 and skimmed book 2 by Wednesday evening. I really haven't done much with it, though. My subscription to HD lapsed a few weeks ago and I haven't renewed yet.

I bought the books/pdfs megabundle on Wednesday within a minute of them being available, but I haven't had much of a chance to read them so far due to being at a family reunion. I was part of that initial 'Zerg Rush' on the servers.

I've bought the books+PDFs.

I've printed and bound (glue+thin cords / several 20 pages booklets) both PDFs in a all in one 770 pages pocket format (half A4.)

Some pictures =>

http://cryptmaster.free.fr/H6pics/

:)

You have OCD, don't you? :)

Incredibly impressive binding. Like the Leonardo stylee.

Purchased and downloaded mega-bundle on Thursday night. I printed and bound both books on Friday (in color, double sided). I made two seperate books out of each volume. Powers, advantages, limitations and frameworks went in one book. Everything else went in another. For 6E2, it was a pretty even split down the middle. Chapters one through six make up one book and seven through eleven make up the other. Three of my books are nearly identical in size with the powers book being somewhat larger. I have lots of reading to do.

A buddy got me the MegaBundle at Gencon. He got it too me on the 19th. I've ready about 1/2 of it, so far I'm really liking what I'm seeing.

I'm increasingly convinced it will be necessary to adjust a lot of my mental "norms" as to what a standard Hero character is like. But I don't see that as a negative.

I'm increasingly convinced it will be necessary to adjust a lot of my mental "norms" as to what a standard Hero character is like. But I don't see that as a negative.

This is what I'm seeing as well. Simple shifts in what I consider the "norm" for how things work make the changes so much more clear and understandable.