List Your CO Heroes!

Steve Long

Re: List Your CO Heroes!

D'oh! One of my toons found an Energy SMG (I forget the exact name - its a Destroid weapon converted for human use) so I mailed it to my munitions character. And when I went to equip it... I accidentally discarded it!!

D'oh!!!

(Freaking new Forums.. I originally posted this in the wrong thread!) :o

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to a handy trial account (thanks, cptpatriot!), I'm online. Only two toons so far, but they're so fun to create!

Paladin (powered armor)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34296[/ATTACH]

I'm not really happy with his headgear, but it's passable. Edit: His new helmet is much nicer.

Kid Lightning (martial artist)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34297[/ATTACH]

I like this design much better.

Edit: Karoo (frost projector)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34307[/ATTACH]

Tired of throwing good money after bad on the video card problem' date=' I upgraded my computer to a Phenm II system. I'm back.[/quote']

Welcome back!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34353[/ATTACH]

My main hero, Rune with Lynx.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34348[/ATTACH]

My line up here is Silver Jackal, Hawkstrike, Ashura the Sorceress, Rune [my main], Conservator and Manhunt. Just a few from my super group.

EDIT; here are a couple more from by team, taken from banners made for my SG website.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34349[/ATTACH]

Rune in Shadow form.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34350[/ATTACH]

Ms. Infinate, Starhammer, and Abyss [Abyss is one of my alts, a Lemurian Sorceress]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34352[/ATTACH]

My newest character, the gadgeteer, archer and extreme spots enthusiast Recurve, with Foxbat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34351[/ATTACH]

Hawkstrike, Sea-Serpent, Rune, Admiral Atom , and "someone who changed to a different character and I don't recall this one's name now".

Hey, I lead this role-play Super group with my main and have several alts tied up in that, but I'd love to join in a HERO chat group if there exists such a thing.

Maybe make an alt just to hang with you guys.

• 2 months later...

(Moved from another thread since this area is more appropriate)

(Incidentally' date=' Logan, if I can ask, what chracter were you playing?)[/quote']

Characters plural. Altitus - I has it. Just as in City of Heroes. ^_^

Well, real quick, here's some snapshots of my characters, since you asked. In no particular order they are:

Stalnoy Volk (an adaptation from Champions: Worldwide)

th_Stalnoy_Volk_new_armor_front.jpg

Tigre: My catgirl character. (*sigh* Yes, I gave in and made a catgirl... )

th_Tigre-005.jpg

(And BTW, whatever other faults Champions Online has - two things that its character generator undeniably does better than City of Heroes are power armor/mecha and catgirls.)

Lora'Lai (my Kheldian Peacebringer brought over from CoH)

th_Loralai_001.jpg

Kara Skye (Controller from CoH)

th_Kara_Skye_001.jpg

Seeker: (YES - THAT Seeker. They didn't bring him over, so I decided I would do it myself! ^_^)

th_Seeker_001.jpg

Dynamo Girl: (My Power Girl homage)

th_Dynamo_Girl_002.jpg

Nova Stratos: (ANother Powered Armor character, but using Force instead of PA)

th_NovaStratos_001.jpg

Shotgun Mary: (One of the Snake Gulch robots who went independent but not evil.)

th_Shotgun_Mary_001.jpg

Vectra: (I made a female Transformer inspired by Arcee.)

th_Vectra_001.jpg

Shotgun Mary is just plain fun. From her thumbnail origin that I wrote in-game:

"One of the Snake-Gulch robots that escaped the VIPER re-programming, Mary wanted to travel to Millenium City to help out. Dr. Tyrell Donaldson gave her his blessing and a synthskin face to more easily fit in."

I was stuck for what travel power to give her. But then I decided to go with the silliest thing I could think of, given what she is. ROCKET JUMP!

A Robot Cowgirl with twin pistols and a shotgun, and rockets in her feet, bounding over the landscape of the Southwest Desert.

So, um, yeah. :D

(And Cat 5 Ballou sounds fun. :) )

Oh and speaking of bios, I'm actually kinda proud of the one I came up with for Vectra. It's a shout out to Transformers, while never actually using the words "Transformers" "Cybertron", "Optimus Prime", "Autobot", or "Decepticon". Yet I think there's no QUESTION about what she is when you read it. And she's speaking to the reader directly as well. And all of that within the limited character allowances of the in-game bio screen.

"Humans think of me as a "living machine" or a robot. Having researched that term through your internet, I find the concept amusingly condescending. As if a being cannot be considered "alive" if its cognitive matrix is housed in silicon rather than carbon? No matter - as the greatest Prime among us has said - "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." There is no cause greater than ensuring that freedom. We are all more than meets the eye, after all."

• 2 weeks later...

Bionic-40

Carbon-27

Warmage-15

Savant-10ish

@the incredible pulk

Welcome to the Hero Games boards! :)

And belated congrats on your first 40, Klytus!

I renamed my main hero.

So, I have

El Hombre de Acero, a level 20 Power Armor guy.

Lord Arcane, a level 14 sorcerer.

Jab, a level 10 Martial Artist.

Grip, a level 9 Telekinetic.

Impact, a level 8 Blaster.

Col. Tank, a level 7 Brick.

O-Scope, a level 2 gadgeteer.

I'm a little irritated at the character builder. O-Scope (as concieved) has a scar over his left eye and a eyepatch. The picture builder only allows scars over the right eye. No problem, I'll just... wait, the eyepatch can only be over the left eye. So, he can be hidiously scarred on one side and missing the eye on the other? No, that doesn't work.

So, does anyone know how to get the face scar and eyepatch on the same side? Right now, O-Scope doesn't have a patch, and the 'eye' is a blank white (no pupil).

Wow, 40th level... man, it must be nice to have time like that!

Kore (30)

Char (16)

That's it! Not very exciting in the list department but I get distracted if I have too many characters going and then none of them get to a high level.

Hey folx! Now that people are playing the game, I figured it would be useful for those of us who frequent the Hero boards to list our heroes here, so perhaps we might recognize one another in-game.

I've created and played the following so far (levels as of 10/07/2009):

Harbinger (40)

Culverin (17)

Unsheathed (11)

Ultratech (8)

Yellowjacket (6)

Doctor Arcane (1)

Steel Scarab (1)

Once I figure out how to create a superteam, I'll see about creating one for Hero boards members. ;)

I renamed my main hero.

So, I have

El Hombre de Acero, a level 20 Power Armor guy.

Lord Arcane, a level 14 sorcerer.

Jab, a level 10 Martial Artist.

Grip, a level 9 Telekinetic.

Impact, a level 8 Blaster.

Col. Tank, a level 7 Brick.

O-Scope, a level 2 gadgeteer.

I'm a little irritated at the character builder. O-Scope (as concieved) has a scar over his left eye and a eyepatch. The picture builder only allows scars over the right eye. No problem, I'll just... wait, the eyepatch can only be over the left eye. So, he can be hidiously scarred on one side and missing the eye on the other? No, that doesn't work.

So, does anyone know how to get the face scar and eyepatch on the same side? Right now, O-Scope doesn't have a patch, and the 'eye' is a blank white (no pupil).

the character builder must be programed to simulate nick fury

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else having odd issues with CO screenshots? I used to be able to do a screen shot, switch out of game, and paste it into a drawing program. However, once I got a system with Windows 7 (x64 bit), when I go to paste, I get nothing but black. Yeah, it still saves the screen captures to the in-game screenshots directory, but only when in-world. I've been trying to do captures of the biographical data you get when going in-between areas in Viboria Bay, and they don;t get saved at all. Most annoying.