And 6e print books start to arrive

archermoo

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: And 6e print books start to arrive

Y'all are aware of the old phrase' date=' "A watched UPS truck is never making a delivery to your house," right? ;)[/quote']

If they were ever in a UPS truck, they'd probably already be here. I'm now convinced they were actually strapped to the back of a snail who's still somewhere in the Rockies saying, "I think I can."

If we weren't on opposite coasts' date=' I'd offer to trade. (The condition matters little to me, as long as it's legible and still has its basic structural integrity.)[/quote']

Yep, I'd be happy to trade :). Still no response from customer service, though...

Yep' date=' I'd be happy to trade :). Still no response from customer service, though...[/quote']Give them time. I think the shipment was delivered by Fibber McGee. And I expect that, given all the lifting involved, the Walters household is going through a prodigious amount of Industrial Strength Ben-Gay.

(My APG has had a UPS tracking number since Friday, but UPS doesn't recognize it. It's probably a typo somewhere, or some similar glitch. And with all there is to do, who can be surprised? After all, DOJ's staff is only human... well, most of them, anyway.)

(My APG has had a UPS tracking number since Friday' date=' but UPS doesn't recognize it. It's probably a typo somewhere, or some similar glitch. And with all there is to do, who can be surprised? After all, DOJ's staff is only human... well, most of them, anyway.)[/quote']

That just means that a label was printed out but that the truck hasn't picked it up and it hasn't been scanned into the UPS tracking database yet.

OK' date=' guys, one more time- orders are *still* going out. It doesn't mean we hate you, it means this ship-out was about six times larger than any we've ever done before. We apologize for the time it's taken, but sniping at us here isn't making it go any faster. dw[/quote']

Get back to work, you slacker! :D

lol If you live in an apartment, UPS may not have left you any notice of delivery. Was expecting my new CPU to be delivered yesterday and hoping it would be before work. Nope, at 2:30P their site still said out for delivery. Got home around 3A and no notice on my door. Checked the site and it said left at front desk back at noon. /spit Had I known, I could have picked it up before work and installed it by now. Now I have to pick it up from the office tomorrow, go to work, and wait 23 hours until I can install it.

Your mileage may be similar.

I would just love to get a shipping number so I could track it (Gencon order through an agent' date=' trust the guy, got the CD, woried about mistakes)[/quote']

If you contact Tina (PM or e-mail) you might be able to get the tracking number, or at least find out how it was sent.

I would just love to get a shipping number so I could track it (Gencon order through an agent' date=' trust the guy, got the CD, worried about mistakes)[/quote']

This, pretty much exactly this.

Also PMed Tina about a week ago, still nothing.

I hear ya' Darren, your still working on orders, that's cool. I think most of us who have no idea when to expect our stuff (Gen Con folks) are just in a limbo zone, I can't check tracking numbers, and no idea if it shipped yet... so we are excited for when our books get here. I at least (and I'm sure most folks here) don't mean any disrespect.

Oh, believe me, it's not a question of respect or anything like that. I understand everybody's frustration, and I share it to a certain extent (and I greatly prefer it to the alternative of people not caring when their books show up!) I just don't want people leaping to the conclusion that there's something wrong with their orders when we know that 10% of them still haven't even left the warehouse (or whatever percentage we're down to today), and every request for info we get slows the process down that few minutes more.

Ordinarily we're very fast getting products out- however, this single order has been more than six times as large as any we've *ever* done (remember, both 5th and 5ER were shipped by others, before we opened our warehouse.) If we bring it in in less than six times the average time, I'm still calling it a win. dw

OK' date=' guys, one more time- orders are *still* going out. It doesn't mean we hate you, it means this ship-out was about six times larger than any we've ever done before. We apologize for the time it's taken, but sniping at us here isn't making it go any faster. dw[/quote']

Darren, I sincerely apologize if my comment seemed to be sniping. I was truthful when I said with any other company, I'd be impatient (impatient to me becomes sending messages, asking where something is, and getting actually grumpy). But I know DOJ, and thats why I'm not firing off emails, messages or taking other measures, because I am sure the stuff is coming. Even if something wierd happened between your doors and my mailbox (bigfoot mugged the maiman), in the end it would all be worked out fairly.

I've never doubted, for a moment, that the company was working very hard to deliver product in a professional and timely manner as possible. I've not had any dealings where I felt the company was not doing its best to be as fair and responsive as possible in terms of answering customer requests about their product.

Please forgive the eagerness, an eagerness that is exacerbated by of teasing nature of hearing about the 6E bundles of joy land around the world as some of us stare out our windows with desirous eyes. I'm jut eagerly awaiting having the books in my hand to really get goign with my campaign conversions. The PDF's are wonderful reference tool, I'm just defective somehow, unable to absorb as well from a PDF as from a hardcopy. Maybe its just the inability to read a PDf upon the royal throne....but I digress

So if my ramblings here grated, my apologies, but on the bright side, its better than us being apathetic about the arrival, right?:)

Still not here in Wisconsin.

And I feel like grumbling a little since no mail tomorrow...

Stupid veterans. Why do they need a day that shuts down the post office? :rolleyes:

Some have arrived in Wisconsin....:whistle::D Mine showed up yesterday.

Top notch packing job and I'm guessing probably about 10 minutes per order including labelling. That's ~50 orders a day per warehouse monkey.

The Fraims are getting better at illustration, from what I've seen.

I wonder if there's a correlation between those who are waiting for the 6e main books and those who are waiting for the APG. It would make sense if Hero was shipping them together, even if they weren't ordered at the same time. (I should have some evidence to test this tomorrow, when my APG is supposed to arrive.)

I wonder if there's a correlation between those who are waiting for the 6e main books and those who are waiting for the APG. It would make sense if Hero was shipping them together' date=' even if they weren't ordered at the same time. (I should have some evidence to test this tomorrow, when my APG is supposed to arrive.)[/quote']

LOL, I'm still waiting, and the only thing I ordered was the 6e1 and 6e2 at GenCon. Not to mention, I'm a state away. I'm really just assuming that my order is one of the ones that hasn't shipped, and I bought the APG at my FLGS.

So I hope that your incorrect in your assessment. :D