And 6e print books start to arrive

archermoo

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: And 6e print books start to arrive

Got my books today! Wow! Heavy. As in really heavy. As in delivery guy glared.

No wonder they got hung up in customs, they must be made of yellowcake or something because they are just unnaturally dense... or was that just my copy? Maybe Density Increase accidentally got shook on in shipping.

My sincere sympathy to those who got theirs with the Damage Shield advantage turned on!

I was hoping for the neutronium edition myself. Shipping would have had major issues, but I could coat my walls with the pages of the books duct-taped together and never had to worry about radiation or a nuclear explosion again. Assuming my apartment's structure is strong enough to stay intact with those pages taped to the walls, ceiling, floor, and roof.

Thinking I need to protect the outside to keep the place intact during the initial explosion, and on the inside to ensure no radiation makes it through of pages outside are blown away, stolen, fall off. I live in Nevada, 90 miles from the test site, can't be too careful.

If you get one with invisibilty turned on do you get a refund?

Depends on the level. If only a few points of invisibility were on it would be hard to see but you could eventually get it back to normal.

I think it would be kinda cool if it came covered in eternal flame. No points (just a SFX) but still pretty cool. Not enough heat to burn, not enough light to read by, just cool to look at... blue and yellow flames gently lapping over the surface. From all reports it is possible some came that way.

Maybe Tina and Co. can recreate the .223 penetration test again. I think this version can easily defeat an assault rifle. Next time I'm at the range I may replace my Mk III plate with the Vol 1. :rolleyes:

While I like the prior edition, I am very sure the density of this one will cause the bullet to shatter and spread it's energy. I could be wrong. My .223 has no trouble going through a 1/4" steel plate at 125 yards. The density of this though is something special. Still - we must wait for imperical testing!

BTW - while I have the PDFs already, I was surprised just how beautiful the new edition is. It isn't the best edition of Hero but the best RPG I've seen in a long time. All I can say is the team really pulled together, through tragedy and all, and hit a 3 run homer (kinda like the Phillies last night!)

Pete

BTW - while I have the PDFs already, I was surprised just how beautiful the new edition is. It isn't the best edition of Hero but the best RPG I've seen in a long time. All I can say is the team really pulled together, through tragedy and all, and hit a 3 run homer (kinda like the Phillies last night!)

Pete

Ugghhh... don't mention that game last night. Two home runs in one inning? At least they were solos.

I just received confirmation that my books were sighted in Jersey (Secaucus, to be exact) by UPS. :bounce:

A little closer, my preciousssss.... :)

I had to look, 14 days since this thread was started...that's not as bad as I felt (I've been getting worried because I still haven't gotten my books), I still am curious, though; at what time should we start being concerned that our books haven't arrived?

As a side note, I just got a call from my FLGS: the Hero System Basic Rulebook just arrived. LOL, so I'll be getting that before I get the books I got at Gencon, that I'm not upset about, I'm WAY more amused.

So the lesson is: I can read my Basic rulebook before I get the big set. I can deal with that. However my question still stands, for those of us who ordered at Gencon, at what point do we need to start looking into this? I love Hero Games, and I've never been displeased with their results... I also know things happen, stuff get's misplaced, or even misdirected... I just want to know the theoretic "when would it be prudent to start asking more questions."

I had to look, 14 days since this thread was started...that's not as bad as I felt (I've been getting worried because I still haven't gotten my books), I still am curious, though; at what time should we start being concerned that our books haven't arrived?

As a side note, I just got a call from my FLGS: the Hero System Basic Rulebook just arrived. LOL, so I'll be getting that before I get the books I got at Gencon, that I'm not upset about, I'm WAY more amused.

So the lesson is: I can read my Basic rulebook before I get the big set. I can deal with that. However my question still stands, for those of us who ordered at Gencon, at what point do we need to start looking into this? I love Hero Games, and I've never been displeased with their results... I also know things happen, stuff get's misplaced, or even misdirected... I just want to know the theoretic "when would it be prudent to start asking more questions."

I'd contact Tina directly, as there is no guarantee that she is monitoring this thread.

I'd contact Tina directly' date=' as there is no guarantee that she is monitoring this thread.[/quote']

To be honest there are still a few who haven't gotten theirs, including Ghost Angel, and appearently some of his buddies, that he ordered the books for, so I'm waiting on hearing that GA has his, I'll probably shoot off a question to her. But it's getting close there is no doubt.

Thanks though.

I always hate to be that one whiny dude.

However my question still stands' date=' for those of us who ordered at Gencon, at what point do we need to start looking into this? I love Hero Games, and I've never been displeased with their results... I also know things happen, stuff get's misplaced, or even misdirected... I just want to know the theoretic "when would it be prudent to start asking more questions."[/quote']

My guess is that at least some stuff got shipped via Media Mail. Media Mail to the east coast can take weeks from the warehouse in the middle of the Nevada desert, sometimes (I live in Maryland), so I'd at least give it to the 21 or 28 day mark.

But like someone else said, Tina is on this site and able to answer your question if you PM her.

My guess is that at least some stuff got shipped via Media Mail. Media Mail to the east coast can take weeks from the warehouse in the middle of the Nevada desert, sometimes (I live in Maryland), so I'd at least give it to the 21 or 28 day mark.

But like someone else said, Tina is on this site and able to answer your question if you PM her.

That might be the problem, but I live in Phoenix Arizona.

I'm almost as far from the east coast as the warehouse is, if not a bit more south. :D

Weeks? WEEKS? Ooohhhh... I'm dyin'!!!!

That might be the problem, but I live in Phoenix Arizona.

I'm almost as far from the east coast as the warehouse is, if not a bit more south. :D

Honestly, I'd say you should contact Tina right now. She definitely won't mind, so don't hold off out of some misguided "I don't want to be a bother" thing. You're a customer!

Honestly' date=' I'd say you should contact Tina right now. She definitely won't mind, so don't hold off out of some misguided "I don't want to be a bother" thing. You're a customer![/quote']

Right on, thanks.

will do.