VIPER Watch

HeroGM

I got mine yesterday and read through everything but the base descriptions. I like "Nest Leading for Dummies"!:D

The idea of an immortal patron keeping VIPER on track through the centuries is much better than relying on selfish, fractious mortals to do so, IMO. Great job!

Steve--

I caught the hint that the Death Dragon is manipulating VIPER. Do you anticipate elaborating on this in the future?

I got mine!!!

OK just got home from the FLGS with my copy of Viper: Coils of the Serpent and just from lookign through it I'm very impressed. am runnign my Game tonight and won't be able to fully look at it tonight but will do so tomorrow... Will give you an update soon.

WC

PS Quetzalcoatal Aerial Gunship - Nuf Said

For the poster who wanted to know what is in the new Viper SB-

Chpt.1 A history of Viper, origins to today, opens up some interesting new eras to run into Viper in and much improves, imhop, the backstory.

Chpt.2 current projects, agents outlook, recruitmrnt and training, viper's hierarchy, internal politics and viper's operation currently running throughout the world. (that's as far as I've read so far)

Later in the book it goes extensively into agent types, equipment, supers on the payroll, bases with sharp maps, scenarios and vipers outlook on it's super enemies both heroic and villainous. Then more and more and more.

I've been delighted with every Hero product that has come out and this one keeps the trend alive. If any one cares about my oppinion, go get it this is one of the must haves for a 4 colour Champions campaign. (Once reality storm and its translation rules come out it would be a good buy for Silver Age Sentinels to.)

Scott and Steve, et all, just great work on your part.

md's bein' picky.

First: Ha! Got mine last friday. Already read it. It's, IMO, a better book than the first VIPER book, which was one of my most used 4th edition products.

Second: Love the artwork, the Keith "what's the A stand for?" Curtis images of the badging really adds to the agent section.

So...

I'm staring at the badging while making an ex-VIPER npc, and I realize that there are three primary badges. Moccasin, Constrictor, Adder.

(Adder for the Science guys is too funny a pun, BTW).

But the list of Agent Divisions list's Cobra (combat), Constrictor (intelligence), and Adder (the aformensioned Sci/Tech guys)

So, what does the Cobra patch look like, and what are the Moccasins? :)

Hmmm, Moccasins sound ... young to me. So, how about the Moccasin as the "VIPER scouts" junior division.

Put them in all the schools, as an alternative to "Boy/Girl Scouts." Start training the kiddies early, bring 'em up right.

Alternately, just pretend that Moccasin was really Cobra. I think the patch would work either way. I suppose that you could use either division name, depending on whether you feel a Shoe a or Blue Clad Incompetant correlation for your combat guys is better. ;)

D

Originally posted by Starlord

Ummm, how much does Halfjack weigh?

Cuz if he weighs, like, a ton...how does his human side support his mechanical side, or even move for that matter?

How did Steve Austin pick up a car with his bionic arm without breaking his non bionic spine?

Same way probably.

D

Originally posted by Starlord

Ummm, how much does Halfjack weigh?

Cuz if he weighs, like, a ton...how does his human side support his mechanical side, or even move for that matter?

Superhero Physics. The same reason people can pick up buildings and battleships and they don't collapse under their own weight, speedsters don't catch fire from friction, and people with Growth don't break their own legs at maximum size. :)