Champions Sneak Peek #3: Just For Fun

Steve Long

Re: Champions Sneak Peek #3: Just For Fun

I hope he was there to get the french fry oil' date=' since the foxbatmobile has been converted for environmentally friendly fuel.[/quote']

It is exactly the case that the Foxbatmobile wafts an overpowering aroma of french fries as it sweeps (stomps?) down the Interstate with Nighthawk in hot pursuit.

Not impressed enough to stop drinking your soda eh?

nice.

Darren looks a little disturbed though.

I thought Steve didn't have a beard, so I assumed those identities were reversed. Steve is further back and Darren is drinking a coke (note: bendy straw). Could be wrong though...

I thought Steve didn't have a beard' date=' so I assumed those identities were reversed. Steve is further back and Darren is drinking a coke (note: bendy straw). Could be wrong though...[/quote']

I think you're right.

My dyslexic nature strikes again.

nice sketch but can't foxbat at least BUY his lunch like anybody else or was he gripeing asbout the resteraunts prices

Maybe he left his wallet at home. Or maybe he spent all his money on comic books. Or maybe he just wants to show off his ping-pong gun. (That is an excellent depiction of the ping-pong gun, by the way. But I always thought his glider wings were attached to his arms, and folded out or something?)

Now who is the guy in the background--the one with the long dark hair and the beard, and why is he completely unconcerned about what's going on? Is he someone we're supposed to recognize?

But I always thought his glider wings were attached to his arms, and folded out or something?)

They were up until the Cryptic era. For some technical reason depicting those sort of underarm "wings" or panels in the MMO isn't feasible, so they just changed it to a long cape.

Or perhaps this is his formal "to be worn when robbing fast-food chains" costume. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the unintended presence attack. A hero in one of our campaigns was being hassled by a street gang and he told them to leave him alone.

"There are 4 of us..." said the gang leader.

Hero replies: "I have 4 bullets."

GM declares: "Roll a presence attack." I think the GM had him add 2 dice.

The player was new and didn't know the term 'presence attack" but he clearly understood the concept!