Science Fiction League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

shadowcat1313

Re: Science Fiction League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

the Star Fury squadron commmander from B5, who first saw the shadow vessel, Warren?

Warren Keffer. Forced on JMS by Executive Fiat, which explains his vapourization at the end of that season...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile' date=' Geordi LaForge spent the whole first season sitting next to him and not only survived, got promoted. Go figure.[/quote']

Affirmative Action.

~Rex

Maybe so, but I would have preferred to see the guy get laid. No one has ever had worse luck with the opposite sex than LaForge. Even Data, who isn't even really alive, got more play than he did.

Maybe so' date=' but I would have preferred to see the guy get laid. No one has ever had worse luck with the opposite sex than LaForge. Even Data, who isn't even really alive, got more play than he did.[/quote']

Geordi had issues hooking up with a Hologram.......His luck with women was beyond terrible.

~Rex

Even Wil Wheaton hated Wesley Crusher. Wes got him more hatemail than any other actor/character on the show. Barkley was worser off than La Forge in my opinion.

A lot of my favorites have already been mentioned in one way or the other but I think Lt. Leary, and Officer Mundy, Quig-Quig, Retief, the leader of the white mice from Hammer's Slammers, and a Bolo would make a good team.

CES

Even Wil Wheaton hated Wesley Crusher. Wes got him more hatemail than any other actor/character on the show. Barkley was worser off than La Forge in my opinion.

I can't imagine why people might be annoyed by the idea of a teenager piloting a multibillion dollar space battleship. Or an untrained eight-year-old flying a starfighter unscathed through an epic space battle to singlehandedly blow up a nigh invulnerable multitrillion dollar space dreadnought. It could happen!

I can't imagine why people might be annoyed by the idea of a teenager piloting a multibillion dollar space battleship. Or an untrained eight-year-old flying a starfighter unscathed through an epic space battle to singlehandedly blow up a nigh invulnerable multitrillion dollar space dreadnought. It could happen!

But it probably won't end well.

A lot of my favorites have already been mentioned in one way or the other but I think Lt. Leary, and Officer Mundy, Quig-Quig, Retief, the leader of the white mice from Hammer's Slammers, and a Bolo would make a good team.

CES

The Leader of Alpha Company (The White Mice, Hammer's security detail) was Major Joachim Stueban, crack pistol shot, fruitcake, sociopath... a good guy to have on your side.

Note that Special Undersecretary Jaime Retief of the Corps Diplomatique Terrestiene comes from the same universe that the Bolos do, and once used a Mk. XXIII to solve a diffucult diplomatic impasse.

(Mk. XXIII Bolo's main armament is measured in MPS. That's Megatonnage per second. Very few problems cannot be solved by dropping a Mk. XXIII Bolo on them)

The Leader of Alpha Company (The White Mice, Hammer's security detail) was Major Joachim Stueban, crack pistol shot, fruitcake, sociopath... a good guy to have on your side.

Note that Special Undersecretary Jaime Retief of the Corps Diplomatique Terrestiene comes from the same universe that the Bolos do, and once used a Mk. XXIII to solve a diffucult diplomatic impasse.

(Mk. XXIII Bolo's main armament is measured in MPS. That's Megatonnage per second. Very few problems cannot be solved by dropping a Mk. XXIII Bolo on them)

The problem with Joachim Steuben was that he viewed everybody as a threat, pending messy execution at his hands. Bar Hammer himself.

"Did I ever tell you, madame, I met your father once? I shot him between the eyes, so he could see it coming."

Volatile? Just a bit...

Sorry, I'd feel safer having an Alien, a Predator, and a Skynet-original T800 on my team. Just my $0.02

here's a potential sfloeg member,kyle radnor the last legionary

the sole survivor of the legions of moroskyle was given an artificial sheleton[predatingwolverine] and armed with the legions hand to hand training he pursued the organization that commited the genocide of moros the darkwing

DUDE!

I am NOT the only one who read those books?

Awesome!

Have some rep

Thanks for the name. I remember that he was assassinated in one of the stories. Drake hinted that the assassination might have been faked in a later book. There's a character remarkably like Stueben on an advance force in the Sharp End.

CES

Thanks for the name. I remember that he was assassinated in one of the stories. Drake hinted that the assassination might have been faked in a later book. There's a character remarkably like Stueben on an advance force in the Sharp End.

CES

Although, another story strongly implies he had himself assassinated.

The problem with Joachim Steuben was that he viewed everybody as a threat, pending messy execution at his hands. Bar Hammer himself.

"Did I ever tell you, madame, I met your father once? I shot him between the eyes, so he could see it coming."

Volatile? Just a bit...

Sorry, I'd feel safer having an Alien, a Predator, and a Skynet-original T800 on my team. Just my $0.02

Agreed!

Although' date=' another story strongly implies he had [i']himself [/i]assassinated.

The story where he was assassinated had Danny Pritchard finding one of the assassins had Stueben's lucky medal(?) which the brain had paid them as part of the job. It didn't matter to Pritchard because he was thinking about dropping the hammer himself.

CES

since he is" the law" he'd be a helpto the heroes

That assumes Judge Dredd doesn't bust the rest of the group for doing something illegal - and let's face it, there is gonna be SOMETHING.

Of course, if the mission is seen as sufficiently important, JD may show leniency. In his case, that probably means letting the offenders complete said mission before he hauls them off to the cube.

That assumes Judge Dredd doesn't bust the rest of the group for doing something illegal - and let's face it, there is gonna be SOMETHING.

Of course, if the mission is seen as sufficiently important, JD may show leniency. In his case, that probably means letting the offenders complete said mission before he hauls them off to the cube.

Absolutely. In one story, Dredd takes a turncoat criminal's assistance into account... and then decides he's still doing heavy time! :eg:

Absolutely. In one story' date=' Dredd takes a turncoat criminal's assistance into account... and then decides he's [b']still[/b] doing heavy time! :eg:

There are no exceptions to creeps who break the law. It must be done and also seen to be done. Each perp in jail is an example to lawbreakers across the whole of Mega City One.

In the "Batman vs. Judge Dredd" comic, Dredd busts Batman for breaking up a mugging... "Vigilantism is against the law, Perp!"

In the "Batman vs. Judge Dredd" comic' date=' Dredd busts Batman for breaking up a mugging... "Vigilantism is against the law, Perp!"[/quote']

If anyone is going to break a perp's head, it's going to be a Judge. The guy with the cape and the ears is just another weirdo.

When Bruce Wayne caves in Dredd's face, it just gives Old Stoney Face a reason to give him heavy Cube time...